(40k RPG club details)Black Crusade - Any interest? Ill GM.

Due to the amazing level of interest in playing WH40k rpg games online, our very own Qai has started a forum to help us gather, share stories and of course organise games.

Here is the link - http://www.w40krpg.com/ its currently under construction but will soon be the home of the w40kRPG online gaming club and community.

We also have a twitter account - EmperorsImmortals@w40krpg, and will post using the hashtag #w40kRPG. It will be used to announce games scheduals and special events, so make sure to subscribe!.

SAVED for posterity;

Ive been chasing a game of Black Crusade on line for a while now, and most games either close shortly after starting or finished about a million years ago.

Im going to learn how to GM a game, ill try to host it in about 2 weeks and using VASSAL or Roll20 (since i cant get MapTools to work anymore o0 ) its a steep laerning curve so im posting this now to gauge interest. Im in Australia, so if board postings are easier, ill figure that out.

Im basically asking anyone interested, weather seasoned vet or relative newcomer, to just post there interest, basic motivation for there character and what theyd like to see in the game. All I ask is that you are familiar with the core mechanics and your chosen archetype. Im looking for around 3-5 players.

Itll be the Broken Chains free mission so its available to download, but ill post links for many resources later on, so check back in this topic. Ill also msg anybody whos posted in OG for a BC game in the last few months.

Hoping to get a fair bit of interest, as Id like to do this pretty regularly and expand into Death Watch etc, so give it a think and welcome aboard!!!!

Edited by emperors immortals

Below is a list of links to various free resources and tools that we'll use throughout the campaign. Feel free to download and read them, they are all licensed for such use.

DROP BOX FILES

Fillable character sheet that actually works.

Broken Chains additional characters. We'll discuss using any of these, but im okay with it.

Broken Chains a copy of FFG's free RPG day contribution.

new expanded minion ruleseta free excerpt which we will also use.

Errata/ F.A.Q for Black Crusade - very important.

online 40k RPG database very useful for looking up any entry in any 40k RPG system.

and finally;

PDF Xchange fastest PDF reader ive ever seen for windows, well worth the download for flicking between entries/ documents etc.

I can also make available limited amounts from the original source books on request, as per FFG's license agreement.

Well thats a big start and im hoping to encourage any new players or veterans to please give it a go, all the stuff is here to play as long as you have a copy of the rules, and there real cheap through FFG's pdf downloads.

Edited by emperors immortals

Hi, just posting a letter ive sent out to a few people to keep this alive.

Hello, i've been keen to have a game of Black Crusade for a while now and have decided to host my own instead. I've never done this before, but I do have three very experienced GM's helping to "train" me right now.

Im a semi-retired writer and am trying to pull together an Imperial Armour book detailing a campaign ive worked on for the last few years, and im hoping to use a running Dark Crusade game (and later, a Death Watch game) to help bring it all together, so ill be heavily invested.

The campaign will ultimatly feature an entire sub-sector falling to a Slaaneshi slave cult with plenty of opportunities for you to advance in the eyes of the Old Gods. There will be the opportunity to help destroy an entire Astartes chapter as well as work against Arbites, Sisters of Battle, rival warbands and of course dedicate an unknowable number of deaths to your dark patron.

Im looking to run at least one game per fortnight, with a main story line game every month - this should allow people to take part in a fairly loose manner. If you cant make it one week, someone else can and every one can get a rotation through the main monthly game.

Right now it looks like ill try to host it over either Roll20 or VASSAL, unless we can all get MapTools working.

If your interested, just say hello in this thread, and try to give a basic description of the character youd like to play, including motivation and archetype.

Well, Im hoping to generate a fair bit of interest in this game, so see you around the boards :).

Same. Interested but haven't though of a character yet. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Oh, and thanks for the invite :smile.:

Edited by Battle-Brother Ludovic

I'm a huge fan of Black Crusade. Among the entire 40K RPG franchisng it is the one with more potential. Nothing gives such a freedom of action like Black Crusade. You can even actually conquer the entire Galaxy and become the new Abaddon of your own alternate universe. ;)

You can even continue to play as a Daemon Prince, even though you will have to think on how to "modify" your character' stats.

Anway sadly I don't have the the chance to be playing online right now because I'm not sure on when I'll find the required free time.

However I can offer my assistance. If you have doubts on how to manage a rule/situation or need help in creating a compact let me know and I'll do my best to help you. ;)

Thankyou Cmdr Shepard, thats really good of you :)

Im hoping the first game will go smoothly, its just a question of organising stories after that. Compacts seem like a strong balancing mechanism im really keen to give this a go.

Ill keep the offer in mind, and im sure to have some problems, thanks again. :)

Thankyou Cmdr Shepard, thats really good of you :smile.:

Im hoping the first game will go smoothly, its just a question of organising stories after that. Compacts seem like a strong balancing mechanism im really keen to give this a go.

Ill keep the offer in mind, and im sure to have some problems, thanks again. :smile.:

It's a pleasure to help a fellow 40K RPG player/GM. 40K RPGs seem a little underestimated. I underestimated thme too for a long time until I realized they are very interesting.  

I know there are not many players around in our community so I'm always ready to help them... if I can ;)

Excellent guys, so im just trying to work out all the bits and its looking like we might run our first session in about 2 weeks.

Im sure we can figure out the time differences, im willing to be at an odd time to accomodate the group.

Does a Sunday night, US EST (UTC -4) sound roughly good to people?

I presume Sunday night translates to 6 - 7 pm? If so I could do that.

Also finished rolling up my character

Name: Leonis

WS / BS / S  / T  / AG / Int/ Per/ WP / Fel/ Inf/

40 / 45 / 46 / 49 / 46 / 48/  44 / 48  / 45 / 26/

War-band: Night-lords

Motivation: Vengeance

Disgrace: Regret

Arcetype: Chosen

Edited by red_knight23

Well, seeing as I'm leaving home on Thursday until the 21st/22nd, I will probably not have the time to write up my character. As I don't want to make people wait any longer than necessary, I'll gladly drop out now and then talk with EE to see if I can drop in a bit later on in the game.

Name:Tyrus
41 / 44 / 44 / 46/ 37/ 39 / 33 / 49 / 37 / 33
Warband: Sanctified (That is unless you want everyone to be from the same warband, then I am perfectly willing to be Night Lords also) Motivation: Violence

Archetype: Forsaken

Oh Well, I'm going to fire away anyways

Rorai "The Bloody one"

44 / 45 / 44 / 48 / 40 / 43 / 39 / 40 / 42 / 45/

Warband: Iron Warriors

Archetype: The Chosen

Disgrace: Regret

Motivation: Nihilism 

Wow, great response guys :)

Im aiming for the weekend of 27th/28th due to me having to tear down and rebuild our chimney stack and flue (middle of winter here and we are less then an hour from the snow fields lol). Im thinking Sunday night about 6pm New York time if theres more north hemisphere people, or SYDNEY time 10pm if theres a southern bias.

I think well try using VASSAL, as it is probably easier with skype voice for a first time run. We have chosen and forsaken, can we get a psyker? Also, we should probably do a meet up and roll our numbers then. Itll be one roll for each characteristic, one re-roll and 2 +5 bonus's for whatever we want.

Lastly, do you guys mind playing broken chains for the first session or should I write a fairly simple sandbox type adventure?

Okay, whoever is still keen can play - the first session can accomodate up to 6-7 people so just tell me what hemisphere you are in and whether you would like broken chains or a basic sandbox type adventure for first session.

Until then, stay bitter and help the galaxy burn.

• 1 month later...

Thought id post this here, the project is on hold for the time being due to my being called away for work. Its disapointing as I was looking forward to it so much, but I dont get a choice on where im seconded unfortunatly :(

Ill be back in about 3-4 months and will have only infrequent internet connections until then, so im going to have to see whats what then.

Sorry guys, but anyone still interested then will have heaps of time to prepare :).

• 3 weeks later...