Scars

Brannick

For me the White Scars have been always a forgettable legion/chapter...there isn't much information about them out there, hell even in the FW Betrayal allies chart they aren't Sworn Brothers or Rivals with any other legion. It's like they have always been described as the kind of "who cares about them or where they are?", even to other legions, in Brotherhood of the Storm they were IIRC described as isolated by others, marginalized (I think that's a sort of reference to GW and their treatment to the Scars). So I never really care about them even when I would love to know more about their legion, traditions, etc...not just that they are the bike mongols guys. I really hope this novel gives them some time to shine and some deep development in the Heresy Era, hell I want to read it now.

IIRC the white scars are torn between supporting the warmaster or staying loyal to the emp so the cover could be showing this. 

IIRC the white scars are torn between supporting the warmaster or staying loyal to the emp so the cover could be showing this. 

...hell even in the FW Betrayal allies chart they aren't Sworn Brothers or Rivals with any other legion....

they are sworn brothers with the Sons of Horus and Sallies

In the vertical line just the Sallies (I don't actually count that because it seems that everybody loves the Salamanders), but yes in the horizontal line its stated that the SoH are Sworn Brothers too, so the other one must be a typo, my fault. Even with that I think they have been left apart for the most part of the background, and especifically the Heresy Series.

Yeah, the Mary Sue Legion that loses almost every character shown. :P

Hmm, Sword of Truth is a Nathaniel Garro audiobook right? And Brotherhood of the Storm was a limited edition release IIRC? Might explain why I haven't heard about it.

I think what poisoned everybody's views on the Alpha Legion is Deliverance Lost. They had some minor undercover astartes before that (which was within reason), but DL just pushed the whole thing into overdrive. While I agree, it was a bit too much, there is also the small explanation about the fact that there was only one reason why they could do it in the first place. Nobody had expected it! It was such an impossible thought (just as the betrayal was at the beginning) that it didn't actually register in the Raven Guard minds until it was already a fact. They can't do it again, that door is closed to them after that, with all the gene- and/or psychic screening that goes on now thanks to that incident.

I cincerely hope they go "back on track" with Alpha Legion in this novel, as the legion who relies on expert coordination, patience and assaults from multiple angles. Before they even had the legion supplies, they outmanouvered ships in Horus fleet with fighters and other small ships...I imagine they would be a dangerous foe in space for the White Scars...

The Alpha Legion are the Mary Sue Legion? Let's no mention Mary Sues in HH/40k... *coff* Ultras *coff* *coff* whistlingW.gif

The Alpha Legion is not a Mary Sue legion...they are only involved in a handful of stories in total, but the way they do it is so spectacular that people remember them well. Their entire history in the crusade, heresy and the 10k years since in the fluff and they have done what? Infiltrating the RG and infiltrated one chapter(and that one took them 300!!! years and a lot of failures). They get their asses handed to them repeatedly, and has been so badly mauled that the highlords of terra has declared them exterminated three times.

The few well-known characters they have is picked off one by one in every novel it seems, and all new characters introduced invariably dies. I fully expect that both Ingo Pech and Mathias Herzog will die pointlessly in this book, leaving the Legion with no named characters left in it. Their index astartes says they take good care of their operatives, but so far in the HH books that has not shown itself to be true. They kill them off very often, and leave loyal forces to die all the time...which is completely 180 degrees from what the IA stated...

The Heresy era Ultramarines are Sues.

By what possible chain of logic do you start with "Your Primarch was broken by the Red Angel. Your homeworlds are ash. The people you rule are slaughtered by raging madmen. Your generals and heroes are skinned alive to exalt the True Pantheon" and arrive at "SUUUUEEEEE"?

Archived