Prikyth Durcor Jal - WB Chapter

Well, technically you can since Colchisian is a fictional language. If it helps, you can say Jal means iron. Now all you have to do is make up a word for Covenant. And then you can have the Jal Pukrah or Jal Kotarv or something like that.

Colchisian phrases:

Let's see....Gal Vorbak means "favored sons", Argel Tal is "last angel", Kaul Mandori (Word Bearer cult auxilia in Know No Fear) is "Brotherhood of the Knife", De Profundis is Colchisian for "From Despair"....

Theoretically: Jal Mandori = "Iron Brotherhood"?

• 1 year later...

Plan to return to this soon

Thinking of name. Making up something Colchisian.  Going to use something that translates into a phrase in gothic/english.

Maybe Prikyth Durcor Jal translating to "Blood Forged and Iron Scripture" or something similar?

I have largely tried coming up with my own Warband. Everytime I get anywhere I have 42 different conflicting arguments on which Legion, or turned Chapter, who resembles what, what colors are they now compared to then and mainstreem, why is pikachu yellow, is it worth looking up heresy formations to get a feel for pre history...

Yeah, sounds good so far, where do you find the Colchis linguo?

• 4 weeks later...

Side note that may inform your warband background, I was reading up on the foresworn warband recently and it seems they are not really a renegade warband of the Word Bearers, more just a war host lead by a daemon prince so they seem to go off and do what they want opposed to always following the dark council. Given their heraldry/colors haven't changed that explanation makes a lot of sense. 

So when thinking about a word bearers host, you could follow that idea and have your war host be semi independent, maybe operating far from Sicarius so the dark council has little say on what your lord does. 

appreciate the info! when you think about it many warbands are still part of a legion in a very minimal sense so its dont suprising that the foresworn are like that.  my warband still considers itself part of the WB legion, but disagrees with its leadership.  therefore, they follow their own directives, but would rally to Lorgar's return in a heartbeat.

This is what hooked me on Word Bearers: they follow the insane tactical visions of their Dark Apostles. Each host to me will follow their fickle masters whims and fancies. They may jostle for power with each other, and worship chaos in their own ways, but their core fanatical zealotry and idolisation of Lorgar is what unites them.

... I was undecided what to do for my Black Legion warband ( zero or basic bg) but with every Inspirational Friday I slowly built up the background so ATM I know and I love the direction to take with my fluff, you should try the same.

In WB terms my first order of business would be to develop the unique creed or doctrine enforced by their Dark Apostle and followed by the Host...

Namely... how they worship Chaos, how they interpret their Gods...

... I was undecided what to do for my Black Legion warband ( zero or basic bg) but with every Inspirational Friday I slowly built up the background so ATM I know and I love the direction to take with my fluff, you should try the same.

In WB terms my first order of business would be to develop the unique creed or doctrine enforced by their Dark Apostle and followed by the Host...

Namely... how they worship Chaos, how they interpret their Gods...

yea i kinda have that hashed out i guess i just havent really written it down in detail.

i see. well always look to culture first or your initial ideas - that always helps me.

The name will be Prikyth Durcor Jal  roughly translating to "Cast in Blood and Iron" - references their legion's old nickname of "Iconoclasts" and their warband's union with Iron Warriors.

also i think it would be good for me to start with more info on how Harkon came to power and go from there

UPDATE Ideas are starting to be properly articulated in the new history section. let me know what you think!

Let's look at this argument in a rational way: Take any traditionall "real world" religion, ideology or order you like and see how many factions, divisions, schisms and sub-sects flower from it within a period of barely decades. Christianity, Judaism and Islam, as well as Hinduism, Shintoism; even relatively recent establishments such as Mormonism etc developed divisions and sub-factions almost from the moment of their coining. Over  period of centuries, they develop varieties that are almost unrecognisable from one another in terms of practice, symbolism etc. Regardless of how draconian and punitive the established "order" of the Sicarian Word Bearers are, do you honestly think that aftet ten thousand + years there will not be some schisms, heresies and sub-divisions out there? Were I writing the history of Sicarius in a narrative way, I'd have the planet wracked with occassional uprisings and religious wars as one interpretation of the "truth" conflicts with another. I would have these wars both suppressed by the Dark Council in terms of their historical record, but also secretly encouraged, stoked by Lorgar himself, who would understand that such conflict is the essence of Chaos and the very conditions under which it flourishes.

Let's look at this argument in a rational way: Take any traditionall "real world" religion, ideology or order you like and see how many factions, divisions, schisms and sub-sects flower from it within a period of barely decades. Christianity, Judaism and Islam, as well as Hinduism, Shintoism; even relatively recent establishments such as Mormonism etc developed divisions and sub-factions almost from the moment of their coining. Over period of centuries, they develop varieties that are almost unrecognisable from one another in terms of practice, symbolism etc. Regardless of how draconian and punitive the established "order" of the Sicarian Word Bearers are, do you honestly think that aftet ten thousand + years there will not be some schisms, heresies and sub-divisions out there? Were I writing the history of Sicarius in a narrative way, I'd have the planet wracked with occassional uprisings and religious wars as one interpretation of the "truth" conflicts with another. I would have these wars both suppressed by the Dark Council in terms of their historical record, but also secretly encouraged, stoked by Lorgar himself, who would understand that such conflict is the essence of Chaos and the very conditions under which it flourishes.

Yep, we can even have some factions like the Sanctified being excommunicated and then have the Dark Council respond with "They lie when they say they are descended from the Glorious XVII."

I'm sure that somewhere there's actually a precedence where some warband claimed descent from one of the Legions without actually having it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived