FW Reaver titan, ETL II vow Complete! (pic-heavy)

And so the journey comes to an end:

It is now approximately one month since I started working on my forge World Reaver titan as a WIP thread, I was then encouraged by Captain Semper to join the ETL II for the Mechanicus. I never really thought about joining the ETL II up to that point but it was a great way to keep me focused and on track with this beast.

I'm really quite proud of the finished result (not to sound like a smug bastard) as its the first thing bigger than a Rhino I've tackled. There was a lot of new things to learn on this project and I came out the other side as hopefully a better painter. My biggest fear was the amount of freehand that was going to be on the model as there is a lot of scrollwork and places like the kneepads where it would look plain stupid without some nice details. I have to say that my savior came in the form of the book Model masterclass volume two from Forge World where there is 14 pages of different techniques and tips used by Forge World themselves, it was a real life saver at some points.

All in all i'm really pleased with the way this thing turned out and now let me introduce you to Reaver titan nr. 1003 or Dominus Virtuem as he the priesthood on Ryza named him:

gallery_58716_8670_138067.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_108997.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_148035.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_149716.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_151307.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_72773.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_134490.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_15489.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_42873.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_225956.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_170045.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_87820.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_69890.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_136705.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_124199.jpg

gallery_58716_8670_82242.jpg

That was all there was, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did when building it and feel free to comment or post your thoughts thanks.gif

Great to see it all done.

I particularly love the scrollwork on the carapace, the internal detail and the copper tone of the metalwork.

Beautiful!

...and a big boost for the AdMec in ETL2!

I am very jealous. I'd probably have to win the lottery before my wife would let me buy one of those.

The painting is very clean. Great job on that knee pad!

My only criticism would be that the armor plates look a little flat. Other than that, great job!

VERY impressive work Brother Callius! Good thing you saw it through! Your attention to datail and your ability with the large surfaces both is breathtaking!

+++ Now remember to declare your completion to the Mechanicum Strategium+++

Thanks to you all for your kind words!

@ Kierdale: Thanks alot mate, and thanks for the support during the build!

@ Malach Adonai: Big thanks. The black is really quite simple as I wouldn't risk anything with this. It's just a Vallejo grey primer and then two or three layers of Abaddon black from GW and thats just it. (I have no idea how to highlight curved surfaces without sharp edges)

@ Sicksix: It took some time saving for this bad boy so I feel you. I agree with you there but I kind of like the plates a little matte but I think my lighting was a bit off in the pics as the black is more matte in the photos than in real life.

@ Captain Semper: Cheers man! I am very grateful for you're enthusiasm and support during the WIP and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have joined the ETL II! By the way it's now declared and official!

@ ChaptermasterDemon7: I'm blushing at this point after reading all this positive feedback and thanks for participating in my build progress thumbsup.gif

@ Tessio Niri: Thanks a lot! I have plans of a Warhound to go alongside it but it is way out in the future, as they cost a little bit of money...

I hope you're proud of that Titan - it's had a lot of hard work given to it and it shows. Awesome stuff! happy.png

Thanks to you all for your positive feedback and a special thanks to those of you who followed and supported me during the build!

It was an honour to make a such a special model and to share it with people of equal minds smile.png

Hopefully there will be a Warhound in the pipelines somwhere in the future...

ive seen so many of these done with air brushes and they always come off looking err i hate too say "unrealistic in this game but yeh.

kudos really great job on the freehand writing it flows so well thumbsup.gif

Well done Brother! The Templars of the Albigensian Crusade would be honored to fight at your side, ridding the galaxy of the Emperor's foes.

Bravo!

Oh censored.gif you've got to be kidding me. My 710pt vow felt piddling enough before I saw this... Amazing work Brother, well done! I don't think anyone can top this god of war...

In unrelated news I'm going to throw a few sickie days from work... :lol:

Archived