• 3 weeks later...

When i posted the Watch Captain, I told you he was part of a tryptic using Medusean immortals as base. Well let me introduce you the two others !

First the Carcharodon Breach Captain, Tito Nerark :

gallery_73215_8685_73833.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_155465.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_96045.jpg

And a Minotaur devastator, sorry I only have one pic :/

gallery_73215_8685_227009.jpg

C and C appreciated !

No real update, just some group shot (sorry the photos are a bit dark).

The "Skrillex" Minotaur master of the Librarium and his sternguards retinue :

gallery_73215_8685_178198.jpg
gallery_73215_8685_144026.jpg

Devastators :

gallery_73215_8685_4454.jpg

And some tactical marines :

gallery_73215_8685_103774.jpg

Thanks for looking

I love seeing this thread get an update!

Everything is looking top notch and that Carcharodon is fantastic! I definitely want some of those axes. Is it a red butcher one?

Thanks a lot dude, very encouraging !

The axe is indeed a red butcher one, mixed with a terminator thunder hammer, because it wasn't violent enough hehehehehe smile.png

I'm currently working on a version of every blood angel special characters for a chapter of my own creation, the knights of Valachie. Blood Angels descendants with a huge vampiric inspiration, lots of vampire counts pieces. I"ve done Dante, Mephiston, Astorath, an assault captain and a venerable dreadnought. Pics coming very soon (well as soon as i take them ^^)

Thanks for looking !

I love seeing this thread get an update!

Everything is looking top notch and that Carcharodon is fantastic! I definitely want some of those axes. Is it a red butcher one?

Thanks a lot dude, very encouraging !

The axe is indeed a red butcher one, mixed with a terminator thunder hammer, because it wasn't violent enough hehehehehe smile.png

I'm currently working on a version of every blood angel special characters for a chapter of my own creation, the knights of Valachie. Blood Angels descendants with a huge vampiric inspiration, lots of vampire counts pieces. I"ve done Dante, Mephiston, Astorath, an assault captain and a venerable dreadnought. Pics coming very soon (well as soon as i take them ^^)

Thanks for looking !

Sounds tantalizing! Definitely looking forward to those pics!

And to wait a bit, Theseus, Sicarius for the Minotaur Army :

gallery_73215_8685_94049.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_59459.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_245333.jpg

And Castelan Radu "the sane" from the Third cohort of the Knight of Valachie WIP, cape lacking, he is one of the less "vampirised" character :

gallery_73215_8685_977841.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_281470.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_1044085.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_472772.jpg

Theseus looks awesome! I would not want to be the one he is pointing at. Radu also looks very cool. I really like the helmet and how it reminds me of the old GW Night Lords helms.

I must also point out that this thread has been throwing my little creative mind into madness. Awhile ago I finally purchased the Badab War books (I couldn't afford them when they first came out) and have been debating on what to build for my Space Marine army. One day Carcharodons, then Executioners (Thulsa Kane had been rocking my socks), now I am back to try Astral Claws for a third time. Just want to say thanks for this insanely inspirational thread.

I must also point out that this thread has been throwing my little creative mind into madness.

Just want to say thanks for this insanely inspirational thread.

I can't imagine better compliment, I've spent so much time lurking for inspiration in this forum, that if i can help with inspiration in my turn, i'm more than glad !!! biggrin.png

Fantastic work Drunes.

If I might ask, what body/legs/cape/sheathed sword arm did you use, Was it from a fantasy release?

Thanks Candleshoes !

For which character are you asking ?

Your Arkash Hakkon model.

Also... jaw dropping work on Radu.

Fantastic work Drunes.

If I might ask, what body/legs/cape/sheathed sword arm did you use, Was it from a fantasy release?

Thanks Candleshoes !

For which character are you asking ?

Your Arkash Hakkon model.

Also... jaw dropping work on Radu.

Thanks bro'

Arkash is basically this Warrior of Chaos Lord :

http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Chaos-Lord.jpg

The head is from the space wolf sprue, a crested one, the axe is from the Space Hulk Librarian, aaaaand that's all, the rest is green stuff ^^

And a little break from all those marines, a Squat ! as i had some fantasy dwarf pieces, i decided to give a try, so here's the result, i have to finish the legs, but still, i present you Galen ironbeard, last of his clan :

gallery_73215_8685_798088.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_1319913.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_1099531.jpggallery_73215_8685_716840.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_176711.jpg

C and C welcomed !

Back to the Knight of Valachie with the less vampirized character, the chapter master (count as dante), Lukhan Vladika, First Knight of the Valachian cohorts.

From all the Knights, he is the one whose genetic heritage as a son of Sanguniuis appairs the most. His features are nobles and calm, hidding the internal struggle needed to keep the black rage at bay.

It's only because he is the "facade" of the chapter, that it has not been declared Excomunicate traitoris. Indeed a large proportion of his brothers has a high tendancy to fall to the black rage, and are regularly responsable for some "collateral" damage, like many of their fellow blood angel successors (Who has said Flesh tearer ?).

Like the other sons of Sanguinius, they are subject to the blood thirst and the black rage, but unlike their brothers, once they succumbed, they are not necessarily destined to die.

Indeed few of them returns, changed...

Once returned, they cast themselves apart from their brothers, forming a distinct brotherhood of Knights, the Nosferan Knights.

Their mind, du to the trauma as changed. They retain their memory and loyalty, but their former personnality has died during the process. No longer they join their brother to laught and celebrate, everything has lost taste has they are haunted by the vision of their dying primarch, they only find joy in the slaughter of their ennemies.

Even their bodies and features change. Pales, their eyes turne red, they are thiner than ever, but instead of the lose of strenght suggested by their apparence, they become stronger than a space marine should be... True figures of death and despair....

(more fluff should come, and excuse my english i guess the text contains several mistakes)

So without further talking, Lukkan Vladika, First Knight of the Valachian Cohorts :

gallery_73215_8685_963735.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_274009.jpg
gallery_73215_8685_130371.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_218709.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_1046437.jpg

He is a very simple conversion (kitbach ?) with the new Blood angels apothecarie, with a sword and arm swap and a few greenstuff ! his backpack, as well as the one of Azzo, need a bit of sculpting to "vampirize" it

The next one is my count as Astorath, Azzo "Requiem", Castellan of the Nosferan Knights :

gallery_73215_8685_70371.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_720744.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_620112.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_165322.jpg

gallery_73215_8685_348858.jpg

Thanks for looking !

And sorry the photos might be a bit dark :/

Archived