Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

The Escher heavy ganger looks amazing so far - you're almosst inspiring me to do something similar on the one I'm working on currently!

Bobby looks wicked - love the combo of double autopistol and pot belly. 

Bobby looks wicked - love the combo of double autopistol and pot belly. 

I think that's one of the most hilarious compliments I've ever gotten on a mini. :)

As Bobby is an Elvis fan, will you give him a pompadour, or the free-flowing hair he usually wears?

Nah, not doing a pompadour and I'm going for pretty much what he looks like in the B&W pic I posted. 

Changed my mind on the dual pistols for Bobby because it was going to be more conversion work than I wanted to do since I'm trying to get these done in a reasonable amount of time (reasonable for me, that is). I considered a plasma gun but it's 100 points and that seems a bit steep for a starting champ. I like the stats of the grenade launcher but didn't want to use one of the Cadian ones I have and it occurred to me I could chop down (saw down?) the sawed-off shotgun and drop a length of brass tube on it and voila!

YpoHnjc.png

Not 100% on the stub gun in his left hand but the arm balances well with the figure. 

I wanted something like the M79 grenade launcher and I found one from the GSC Atalan Jackals on eBay, but it's so big compared to the arm holding that it just looks ridiculous and I decided to make my own. It needs a bit of clean up which I will do tomorrow. 

Maybe put a bit of GS or a plasticard cylinder between the brass tube and the plastic weapon to make a hinge for the breech loading mechanism.

Otherwise Bobby "Elvis" Munson looks great already.

I’m definitely digging it and I’m looking forward to seeing the final result. I’ll have to look at the GSC one but I do k ow that the guard one would def look too big.

The grenade launcher has that FLOOMP!-like character that really makes it a believable weapon. Well done. Gonna steal that for my own Orlock gang, once I get to them finally.

Steal away. I like simple solutions for making weapons and hope others make use of the idea. 

Maybe put a bit of GS or a plasticard cylinder between the brass tube and the plastic weapon to make a hinge for the breech loading mechanism.

Yeah, going to do something like that with the clean up of area between the plastic and brass. 

I’m definitely digging it and I’m looking forward to seeing the final result. I’ll have to look at the GSC one but I do know that the guard one would def look too big.

I was wanting to get the GSC launcher from eBay but when I saw how ridiculously oversized it was, I decided to make my own. 

GDA2hYz.png?1

That's just stupid. 

It's definitely a grenade launcher. I cropped the ammo out of the auction picture previously and note the hinge on the bottom rail where it opens up to allow the grenade to be loaded. 

GDA2hYz.png?1

It's a 40k version of the US military M79 grenade launcher. 

G49sqFg.png

Famous for being one of the T-800's weapons of choice in Terminator 2. 

h9Zk59E.png

Haha, my bad. I meant it as a joke due to barrels size. Your variant definitely looks more proportional.

I also cannot believe I forgot about that scene in terminator. That movie needs a rewatch from me soon.

Here's my next Orlock mockup, robbing the GSC sprues again for a classic side-by-side break open shotgun. It's going to take a little work for the left wrist stump to meet the left hand, but I like the way it looks. 

K6ARfCf.png

Not crazy about the head though. In fact, there's not many of them I like at all and will start looking elsewhere. 

I've been trying to come up with a paint scheme for my gang and whilst having a look around the web for what other people have been doing with their Orlocks, I happened across a well painted group in red from here. I liked it, but I wanted a darker shade of red, almost a maroon color. Here's the original and me tinkering with it in PhotoShop. 

2DsTxi7.png

I desaturated the yellow and brightened it as much as I could to see how the contrast looked, and I thought it looked pretty good. There was something familiar about it, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Next was to put some paint to plastic. 

Gvv0UcC.png

Since I now use P3 paints almost exclusively, the Sanguine Base color was perfect for the jacket and pants, and the shade color I made for it by mixing in some Coal Black looked so good I decided to do the boots and gloves in that color instead of black. The whole time the feeling of familiarity of this paint scheme kept nagging at me... Dark red jacket and pants, grey shirt, and darker boots. Where the hell have I seen that before?

Ohhhhhh yeah. I remember now. 

fLZrhd3.png

Starting a little side conversion project that I wanted a Goliath model for, but I couldn't find a single figure for sale at a reasonable price and I just happened to have one here from my friend's side of the Necromunda box that I'm doing a heavy stubber conversion for. It's Oyumaru time!

GG2GAzi.png

It looked awesome fresh out of the mold, but all was not as well as it first seemed. 

cnGCztn.png

The was some mold slippage on the right leg that needed a good bit of material to be cut away; there's a little bit on the left leg and foot but it wasn't as bad. And then the right heel is messed up. The chest cavity was filled in with some paper towel and superglue and I've already started to remove the straps and gubbins on the back.