Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

Thanks!

The original idea was to Dremel out a part of his stomach to have room for the tentacle and also get rid of of the mouth, but I decided it might be cool to give him a horrific wound, like a lascannon had burned out half of his torso and the rotary cutter made surprisingly short work of it. The corruption around his collar was something I did when the figures first came out and I'm not liking it so much anymore, so I'll either remove it or give it another try. 

Watching the killteam take shape with interest -- the latest guy is really cool, what with the "cored" look he has. In spite of all the creepy crawly mutations we see on Nurgle Marines, that look is something rather original! Excellent work so far!

On a partially related note, I definitely see what you mean about the "faceless" Plague Champion from Dark Imperium -- the best way to actually make him look a bit better, however, is to carefully dig out the "non-face" and replace it:

plague-champion-wip.jpg

Anyway, fantastic work, as usual! :)

Looking great so far, BCK. I'd cut the Spewer down a bit though, it looks a bit too large even for a Plague Marine. Any idea how you'll do the Flail itself? I could see him using fleshy tendrils with bone shards or spikes, almost like Carnage. Edited by DuskRaider

Watching the killteam take shape with interest -- the latest guy is really cool, what with the "cored" look he has. In spite of all the creepy crawly mutations we see on Nurgle Marines, that look is something rather original! Excellent work so far!

On a partially related note, I definitely see what you mean about the "faceless" Plague Champion from Dark Imperium -- the best way to actually make him look a bit better, however, is to carefully dig out the "non-face" and replace it:

Anyway, fantastic work, as usual! :smile.:

Yeah, trying to do something original in a Plague Marine conversion these days isn't going to be easy! I spent some time in Google land and unsurprisingly, a number of your figures popped up, so I'd already seen your faceless champ. :)  I've unintentionally come up with a theme for their mutations which is overly gracious "gifts" from Nurgle. The plague spewer guy is going to end up even more extreme than the flail guy. I don't know if I'll do something like that with all the figures in the KT or just keep it to these three. 

Looking great so far, BCK. I'd cut the Spewer down a bit though, it looks a bit too large even for a Plague Marine. Any idea how you'll do the Flail itself? I could see him using fleshy tendrils with bone shards or spikes, almost like Carnage.

After sleeping and looking at it again, the plague spewer is definitely too big. For the flail I'm going with a look more like the original farming tool with a stick linked to a longer stick, but made to look very unpleasant. 

Plague champ gets a new sword and the leg is now pinned with a tiny adjustment, awaiting a little green stuff clean up. 

yVM3e5j.png

And the plague spewer gets... gifts... from Papa Nurgle. 

vKT9KDF.png

I'm not a fan of the corrupted mouths all over the plague marines and I had an idea for this guy's mutation to be something like a cross between morbid obesity and whatever it was that afflicted Joseph Merrick (the Elephant Man). I wanted it to affect only one side of him, and required that his armor be cut open to let it expand. For the chest, I used another of my defective Oyumaru DG chest casts that I cut in half. To save on GS, I packed the empty cavity in the torso with wadded up paper towel and then soaked it in superglue. For the leg, I tore up small pieces of paper towel, secured them in place with a small amount of superglue, and once I was happy, soaked the entire amount in it, then sculpted the mutated bits on top of it. 

sCTfP6K.png

Not bloated enough?! I can probably add some more on. 

Seriously though, as much as I like the idea of the Chaos mutations and the fun conversion possibilities, I've always had a difficult time trying to wrap my head around someone being OK with this stuff happening. I imagine some sort of mental adjustment takes place when you're taken in by one of the Chaos powers, but I have to believe some kind of conversation along these lines has to take place.

"Hey Mike, you think you oughta get that looked at?"

"Nah, it doesn't really hurt. It's fine."

"Your intestines are hanging out of a hole in your armor, man!"

"It's cool, bro. You know, it's whatever."

Ha!! Damn it, I'm trying to reply to this in some quick clever and insightful way, and yeah, I just can't sum it up and I can't help but agree. I get the whole existing in a living hell where thoughts can manifest in reality, and there's also the raw power aspect, but it's not like you get much say in the process.

"Great, an extra arm. This will be useful... once I get my armour altered to accommodate it."

Looking at the GS bloat and the pores, my god you even have pores modeled onto the sculpt, I can hear flies buzzing in the background!

Great work on that Plague Marine. The champ got a great update too. Looking at his left leg you know there must be a weird pop and crunch when he walks. That is such a simple conversion but I love that zombie gait.

I hadn't considered them as pores, but that could work. After doing the first part on his chest the texture just looked too smooth for the sort of tumor-ish Elephant Man look I was wanting, even after using various tools to make it a bit lumpy, so I added some texture to it. And now the left arm is done and I think that might be it for his "gifts". 

nFj7gVm.png

Yeah, for some reason I could just imagine his flesh bloated and now his pores stretched open and all manner of or pus and bile spew out. Maybe once in awhile a maggot or two wriggle their way out of them too. So HEY-OH, modeling idea.

and now I am going to try and put some soap in my eyes. Before I do that I must say I like the texture you have and that arm is massive and nasty!

He needs a short cloak. So he can be a fat man in a little coat. :laugh.:

In all seriousness, the conversion is looking ace :thumbsup:

Thanks! Though it took a while for him to learn to love his body, he's not going to cover it up for anybody. 

Yeah, for some reason I could just imagine his flesh bloated and now his pores stretched open and all manner of or pus and bile spew out. Maybe once in awhile a maggot or two wriggle their way out of them too. So HEY-OH, modeling idea.

and now I am going to try and put some soap in my eyes. Before I do that I must say I like the texture you have and that arm is massive and nasty!

I had some other ideas for maggots on a different marine, but tests at making some of the little rotters hasn't gone so well. If it helps, I had to do a battery of eye and mind bleaching after Googling for some inspiration for this guy. 

Jesus BCK that guy makes me want to barf. Nice job!

This kill team is sooooooo horrible to look at. Awesome work mate!!!

Great success! 

czKrWqZ.gif

Looks quite promising! I have an actual PM plague spewer spare. If you can wait for two weeks (I'm on holiday out of the country until next weekend) I'd be happy to send you it.

Sure! That would be great. :D

My Geometry teacher in high school was some of the inspiration; she was very short and a good bit overweight and I think she always wore sleeveless outfits because her arms were too big to fit into anything. I braved the Google image searches and discovered that there is a disease called lymphedema (look it up at your own risk) where a blockage of the lymphatic system leads to a lot of fluid retention and swelling on one side of the body, so I just combined that with a a very overweight person and super exaggerated that. A lot of the things we see with Plague Marines just look dirty and corroded and I really wanted to see what I could do to make them a bit more gross. 

Welp. I googled it and lets say I do not want greasy barbecue for a long, good while now.

When I first saw Necrosius I thought it was crazy how he outgrew segments of his armor. If I am not mistaken one foot is bare with toes wiggling free. One of the new plague marines has its armor cracked open as its leg mutated grotesquely and it looks like they tried to patch the armor with metal bands. Going back to your earlier post you have to wonder how these marines thought 'eh, that's ok' when this was happening.

Those two pale in comparison to biggun' you've put together. So your inspiration worked. Just do not tell her:wink: