Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

@Hushrong: Dude I'd still go for some greasy BBQ. @HNL: Thanks!

Plague Marine #4 makes his entrance. I call this particular piece "Melta to the Face". 

o64L0hI.png

More like melta to the torso and head area, but it doesn't flow as well. His wide stance made the image really wide as well and you might need to click on it to get the full size. I'm not sure if he looks horrifying or comical since I've been staring at it the past couple days. Thoughts? 

Yeah. You can have mine and I’ll subsist on the white bread, chopped onions, and pickles for the time being. :)

Melta face is awesome. That’s definitely a sweet idea and sculpt to match. He looks like he opened the ark of the covenant!

I love it! I may (most likely will) steal that idea, because I've got EIGHT copies of the Death Guard half of Dark Imperium, and I don't want to have so many repetitions.

Eight? Good god-emperor, man! Steal away. Do whatever you can to individualize them. 

Melta face is awesome. That’s definitely a sweet idea and sculpt to match. He looks like he opened the ark of the covenant!

Oooh, Melta Face. I like that. Sounds scary, right? RIGHT?

I love it! I may (most likely will) steal that idea, because I've got EIGHT copies of the Death Guard half of Dark Imperium, and I don't want to have so many repetitions.

Eight? Good god-emperor, man! Steal away. Do whatever you can to individualize them.

Yeah.... A lot of people at my FLGS got Dark Imperium.... Despite a lot of them not playing either army? :laugh.:

So I ended up getting everyone's Death Guard for Cheap. And then I got 60 Poxwalkers from someone else. So that's a total of 220 Poxwalkers.

Yeaaah :laugh.:

I'm not too sure how I feel about Thyroid Issue guy, but I love Pulled Pork Face. T.I. is a bit too bloated IMO, it creates an odd gap between his arm flubber and his body. I'm sure you have it handled though, you're the master of the green stuff.

These guys have so much personality, and ‘Melta Face’ rocks!! I can imagine him disgustingly painted already. Grandfather N has been particularly kind to this fellow.

As an aside, I don’t normally like chain fed Bolters, but it looks great on this model.

Edited by Midnight Runner

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, your name is, it's Meltaface?"

"That's right."

"Do you shoot Meltas out of your face?"

"It's metaphorical!"

"For what?"

"For...It is a name what strikes fear into the hearts of anyone who hears it!"

"Yeah...Ok, whatever you say."

EDIT: To be clear, it's a fantastic model, I just couldn't not say that.

Edited by CardinalVirtue

@Hushrong: Dude I'd still go for some greasy BBQ. @HNL: Thanks!

Plague Marine #4 makes his entrance. I call this particular piece "Melta to the Face". 

o64L0hI.png

More like melta to the torso and head area, but it doesn't flow as well. His wide stance made the image really wide as well and you might need to click on it to get the full size. I'm not sure if he looks horrifying or comical since I've been staring at the past couple days. Thoughts? 

Now I want to see what you'd do with a Huron Blackheart conversion

Thanks, guys. Not sure how I'm going to paint any of these guys yet, but Taserface/Pulled Pork Face will get the most disgusting paint job I can manage. 

Augs, this was attempt #2 on the head and there's 2 layers of GS which accounts for the time I was sitting on it. 

And to have some content in this post, here's a teaser of some practice attempts for one of the next plague marines. 

ZgQejzi.png

That's a 40mm base, so they're not exactly tiny. 

I thought those were real maggots or meal worms for a moment, very convincing.

That's great to hear after trying several things to get convincing maggots. The only problem with the method that made these results is that it's leaving fingerprints in the GS, but with the segmented body it doesn't seem to be so obvious. 

that latest plague marine is absolutely amazing, really hitting it out of the park BCK!

Thanks! I consider this Kill Team my penance for failing my ETL vow so badly. 

Oh man, you don't have a plague marine made of maggots and larvae planned, do you? If finger prints are an issue could you wear latex gloves, or this little finger ones? Of would that end up sticking to the GS?

As for pulled pork face, I am interested in seeing what you come up with. 

I know his face is melty, but he'd be a great plasma gunner too. Great stuff! (as usual)

That means a lot coming from a chaos master. There's some really good chaos modelers on the board (You, Dusk, and Augustus being a few) that cast a mighty big shadow.

That green stuff work is inspiring. It also leaves me a little envious, because I'm too cowardly to pick up my own green stuff. 

I really need to get back to finishing up that video and making more so maybe people would be willing to give it a try.

Oh man, you don't have a plague marine made of maggots and larvae planned, do you? If finger prints are an issue could you wear latex gloves, or this little finger ones? Of would that end up sticking to the GS?

As for pulled pork face, I am interested in seeing what you come up with. 

Made of? Very friendly with, certainly. I've tried using gloves with GS before and it sticks to the gloves worse than your skin, and even if you try to use lubricant to stop that from happening, the wrinkles in the gloves still leave impressions.