Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

• 2 weeks later...

Revisiting my favorite aberrant, Mung. 

dJnDbaR.png

My first attempt at patching the area around his waist where I cut him in half wasn't working for me so I tore that off as well as the stuff I previously had on his back to either side of the new spine implant and got to sculpting some new stuff. 

And another desaturation test to see how it looks without the distraction of the the green. 

jCLqgcY.png

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled across a conversion competition on Instragram that I probably got going on too late to finish my ideas for, but it's three different stages of the same character as they grow older, get promoted, etc, along with a brief back story for them. Given the mechanic of campaign play in Necromunda where your gangers can grow in stats, skills, and equipment, it seemed natural to me do three stages of a character and Goliath was the faction I chose for this. 

First stage is a newly minted ganger who's so arrogant about his own capabilities that he decides he doesn't need to wear armor in his first serious engagement. 

l0m9FAl.png

The inspiration for how I posed this guy is a douche bag I knew in high school, a wannabe bully really, and the kind of guy I'm sure a lot of you have known where he'll get all puffed up, bow his arms, and get in your face at the tiniest perceived slight. The model is an almost exact copy of how he'd do this and his goofy "intimidating" macho man strut. 

The next stage of the character is after his disastrous idea of going into a serious fight with no armor nearly leads to his death and his hubris is taken down several notches. Years pass and he's grown larger and stronger on the Goliath chemical diet, and is now a champion of his gang with a much greater appreciation of tactics and the capabilities of his foes.

XhILwiO.png

I have seen some of the comparison pics to show how big the Stimmer models are, and while this conversion isn't quite that big, he's definitely bigger than the normal Goliath mini. 

rhJMWKT.png

Really awesome sculpting work. I dream of being able to make green stuff that smooth.

EDIT: And I see you have tutorials on the first page! I will have to check those out!

I was going to link you to my GS smoothing vid, but looks like you already found it. :)

If you ever have any questions about using that horrible green putty, I'm happy to help. 

Great work BCK, always impressed at how well you sculpt, bud! You've got that swagger down for that first stage of the Goliath.

theNublet, I think it's more like he's running and sees a target to the side, prepares to fire and likely start running a little to the side of the path he was on. The rest of the execution will be really good knowing BCK's work.

Is stage 3 going to be the character as a Stimmer?

I'm really digging the big dude overall, but the way he leans away from the shot while running looks very strange to me. Though I guess the other arm might alter the overall balance, so maybe I'm a bit premature on that.

Great work BCK, always impressed at how well you sculpt, bud! You've got that swagger down for that first stage of the Goliath.

theNublet, I think it's more like he's running and sees a target to the side, prepares to fire and likely start running a little to the side of the path he was on. The rest of the execution will be really good knowing BCK's work.

Is stage 3 going to be the character as a Stimmer?

It may not be the best angle, but he's shooting at something ahead and a little to his right. I started working on bulking him up and in this pic, which was taken the morning after I did the sculpting, I realized I went WAY overboard and have since scaled it back, but I wanted to give a better comparison to his size with normal Goliath. 

L6eSxHa.png

That's nice.

Really though - I really like the teenage version - especially his haircut!

What about stage three? :biggrin.:

Thanks! I really like how he's turning out as well and wanted a bit of a throwback to the OG look of the Goliaths. I'm almost finished with him now and just have a few more details to knock out. And a mold line on the underside of the hammer I apparently missed. Here he is with a desaturated comparison to check my work. 

Ia4z3z1.png

I'm liking Goliath Fabio. Very good Greenstuff work :thumbsup:

His first Underhive romance novel is coming out soon so keep an eye out!

Great to see you sculpting again!

Swagger pose on the youth is excellent. 

However with such a bit leap from stage 1 to 2, I'm starting to be afraid stage 3 will be something along these lines...

19114edda4726a451a410d6489e11cf9.jpg

That's nice.

Really though - I really like the teenage version - especially his haircut!

What about stage three? :biggrin.:

Thanks, Maj! Roping you back in here, Augs, 'cause I forgot to answer your last question, which is stage three is going to be a complete surprise. For you and me both... 'cause I got nothing right now. 

hzFKpfa.gif

I think I've decided on a path for the look of phase 2 and 3, and they will be heavily inspired by the wasteland warrior aesthetic of the Mad Max films. Here's p2 with a heaping helping of GS work over the last couple days, and a lot more work to come. 

LsQxX6u.png

*Edit* Forgot to mention, I ditched the bolter and he'll have the plasma combi-stub cannon pistol from the kit in his right hand. I have been planning on a power first for a melee weapon in the left hand, but I'm having my doubts about it since it doesn't seem to balance with the rest of the figure. Maybe a big knife or short sword? I'm open to suggestions. 

• 2 weeks later...