Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

Lysander is looking great! As for your colour options, I'd suggest either option 1) or 2): 2) would basically be the classic Deathwatch veteran approach and probably serve as the most solid, bread and butter approach. 

I've only ever seen Deathwatch figures painted or depicted in art like 1, so I'm not sure what you mean classic DW vet for 2; it's always solid black for everything but the silver left arm and the right shoulder pad displaying the marine's chapter icon. 

DBEaouE.png

Thing is, even when painted very well, this paint scheme always looked a bit flat to me and I thought it should have a little more color from the originating chapter. 

That makes sense, but I've still never seen that before. I even checked the 2 40k wikis. 

I think it's one of those weird things that exists in the fluff somewhere (probably the Deathwatch RPG?), but was never put into artwork form.

I do agree though, the Imperial Fists Yellow with the silver Deathwatch arm would look cool.

Edited by Gederas

I believe it's in the original Deathwatch WD article. The line essentially says that some chapters allow their returning DW vets to maintain the entire left arm silver when they get back, with the chapter badge moving to the right.

The only "Official" models I think they ever showed was I thiiiiiink a squad of Howling Griffons. Or the red & blue quartered guys. I definitely remember seeing it on a quartered scheme.

1 is an active DW member, typically they revert to 2 once their tour is completed and they've returned to the Chapter.

That's exactly the little snippet of background I was referring to!

I believe it's in the original Deathwatch WD article. The line essentially says that some chapters allow their returning DW vets to maintain the entire left arm silver when they get back, with the chapter badge moving to the right.

The only "Official" models I think they ever showed was I thiiiiiink a squad of Howling Griffons. Or the red & blue quartered guys. I definitely remember seeing it on a quartered scheme.

Yeah, it was in the WD article, then later got reprinted in one of the Chapter Approved collection -- I still have the (German) issue knocking about somewhere. Cheers for clarifying that, guys -- I was beginning to think I had only imagined the whole thing ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Been a while because I've been busy and haven't had much time to work on anything, but I did make some progress on the Ogre in the last couple days, adding straps for the knee and elbow pads as requested. 

JiqAyUF.png

Judge Dredd and ogryns and whiskers on kitten are some of my favourite things. It's a fantastic and beautifully executed mash-up that would work equally well in either universe. 

Do you have plans to fill the bullet holes/damage on the torso armour, or add some matching damage to the other hard armour?

Judge Dredd and ogryns and whiskers on kitten are some of my favourite things. It's a fantastic and beautifully executed mash-up that would work equally well in either universe. 

Do you have plans to fill the bullet holes/damage on the torso armour, or add some matching damage to the other hard armour?

I'm doing exactly what the customer asked me to, and thanks. :)

Dude, hes honestly so cool. Like everytime you post an update with him I just have a big dumb grin on my face.

Great work!

Any inclinations to call him "Chief Wiggums"

I've been putting together some of my GSC Neophyte Hybrids with the ETL in mind, and since the box comes with 13 torsos and only 10 pairs of legs, I've been trying out some things to make use of those extra torsos. 

BCdvb1d.png

Two former chaos cultists and a weak minded Cadian shall soon be joining the ranks of the Brotherhood. I'm going to see about making some oyumaru press molds for knee pads to help blend them in to the neophyte aesthetic., 

Oh this is a great idea! I'm slowly starting my GSC (just the Aberrants so far) but I do have a load of spare cultists (I have 40 and I don't know if I can be bothered to do these other ones) so I think I might swell the ranks as much as I can with those. Thanks, looking forward to seeing your stuff. Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box

A little preview of something I started working on:

tmweIjB.png

The top gun is the original plastic one and the bottom two are oyumaru copies made from GS. The bottom one is the first one I did in a total brainfart moment, I didn't put any kind of support (like a piece of brass rod) in the center of the pistol and it's quite... floppy. The middle one is cast #2 with a brass rod in it. Maybe the first one will be holstered or something. 

Sketching out the kelermorph pose and I decided to go with a similar pose to the official model, but mirrored and with more guns being trained on a target. 

Mirrored shot of the real thing:

R5iWk0x.png

And mine:

sf09ILu.png

Needs some more tweaking, but I like it so far. :smile.: