Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

• 2 weeks later...

Two months to the day after placing an order with the Rus, this package arrived today. 

8vGQvJQ.png

These kommandos from Artel W are all gorgeous and look amazing right out of the packaging with hardly a mold line to be seen. Here's a sample. 

3mGgLkp.png

And a quick size comparison with the tired miner. 

CIgPGbp.png

I also order some space elf heads and enforcer heads with respirators that I will post pics of later. 

• 1 month later...

Since my last hobby update with the tired miner, I've had two job changes  - the first was only a moderate improvement over the existing one, and then a much better opportunity fell into my lap out of nowhere a month ago and I just finished my second week of work. Much better pay and benefits, much better company and people to work for and with, but it comes with a much longer commute which has been kicking my butt. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon, but most nights I'm too tired to do much of anything.

Today, I wanted to get some work done on something and looking over the options of in-progress stuff the phase 3 Tyfen character drew my attention. 

AWfu1Xw.png?1

The legs are now glued to the waist/pelvis piece, the right arm is glued on, the spine piece (that I forgot to get a rear shot of) is glued on, and there's new GS work to the right leg, right leg armor plate, right bicep, and I started a foundation for a loincloth with some GS and a brass pin. Since I don't know yet how much loincloth I want to do, I'm leaving the pin long for now. 

And a reminder of how big this guy is compared to a normal Goliath model. 

hNy9IIR.png?1

Looking good! You gunna thicken out the waist of that big boy?

Yeah, he's going to have a big belt like the normal Goliath models do. 

Damn been acouple of years since I went thru you thread . So much cool things and alot of inspiration . Just wish my hands could grip a hobby knife. Well done Sir can't wait to see more

Thanks, and that sucks that you can't hold a hobby knife. :( 

I can't find the original head I was going to use on this guy but I happened to have a suitable replacement laying around.

QP17GHL.png

It's nice to have him mostly together now because trying to get progress pics when the legs were only blue tacked on was a nightmare. Lots of musculature left to do next before I permanently attach the torso and do the belt. Also, that's 40mm base he's barely fitting on. 

Well... I hadn't planned on this guy turning into a giant Necromundan version of Bane, but that might be where we're headed. 

ZItQtiD.png

Sometimes you put down a little more putty than intended and instead of cutting some of the excess off, you just go with it. 

If there was anywhere Bane might live, it’s in Necromunda in a Goliath gang...

Or as a Dark Eldar Wrack, one of the two.

Oddly enough, I like the green colored musculature more than the black and white photo version. :lol: He looks great, keep it going, bud!

I get your meaning but I never prime when there's still GS work to do. 

Today, a package arrived that was a bit of a gift to myself. Splurge, as they say. One of my years-old table lamps has been acting up recently and I decided I'd try something new. 

m5Z5WV2.png

And the first pic taken with the new light. 

0YavVtz.png

There's a lot less color clean up to do in Photoshop and the auto-color function now barely makes a difference. All I did for this was to tweak the curves a little. 

I also want to mention how that even people with a lot of experience in something can still not get it right after several tries. In my case, sculpting the right forearm muscles. I had intended for it to be bare skin on the underside and after several attempts that didn't sit well with me, I made a right turn and tried something else (I'm trying not to be such a perfectionist to keep making forward progress). 

This goes with another one of my tips for good conversions - blend the new with the old. If you can tie something together of the original model and the new whatever, be it parts from another kit, sculpting, scratch building, etc, it lets your eye flow over it better and not get those visual speedbumps where the design styles of the differing pieces don't always line up. In this case, it was using the bandage wrap to give me the bulk I wanted in the forearm and tie in with the same thing on the back of the slaughterpriest's legs. 

ELa8wrB.png

Yes, I know there are mold lines on them and I save all that clean up for when the sculpting is done. 

I was looking for some bits on eBay last week and some Delaque popped in the suggestions or whatever, and I decided to snag a torso and legs. NO IDEA what I'm going to do with them, but I've thought the models looked great since they were introduced. The bits seller I got them from didn't have a single matching pair of legs/torso so I glued the legs together to do some dry fitting with the torso and somewhere in the back of my head it was decided that I needed to add a little texture to the coat. 

inQn5L0.png

Some thin plastic cement brushed on, and I wiped the brush mostly dry before doing this so it wouldn't flood all over the place, and after letting it sit for about 90 seconds, I pushed my fingertips into it and then smudged them around so it wouldn't obviously be fingerprints in the plastic instead of a texture. 

Thoughts? Too much texture? Not enough? Just right?

Also, any ideas for what to make with a Delaque body welcomed. :wink:

Texture is looking nice. The sculpting on the muscles on the Goliath champion is really lovely. 

Maybe some sort of Agent of the Emperor or Warmaster during the heresy? Perhaps some sort of futuristic cabbage vendor? 

I think gunslinger is the way I want to go with this Delaque thing. 

baR3dcv.png

I have a pretty wild idea for something else to do with the head and we'll know soon if I can pull it off.