Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BCK's Thread of Stuff: Ogre Arbites is the law!

Conversions Inquisitor Horus Heresy VIII Legion Vostroyans Astral Claws XIV Legion Dusk Raiders

• Please log in to reply
3880 replies to this topic

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Lysander is looking great! As for your colour options, I'd suggest either option 1) or 2): 2) would basically be the classic Deathwatch veteran approach and probably serve as the most solid, bread and butter approach. 

I've only ever seen Deathwatch figures painted or depicted in art like 1, so I'm not sure what you mean classic DW vet for 2; it's always solid black for everything but the silver left arm and the right shoulder pad displaying the marine's chapter icon. 

DBEaouE.png

Thing is, even when painted very well, this paint scheme always looked a bit flat to me and I thought it should have a little more color from the originating chapter. 

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,020 posts
1 is an active DW member, typically they revert to 2 once their tour is completed and they've returned to the Chapter.

gallery_48988_6285_23120.png gallery_48988_10069_37975.png gallery_48988_15151_1205.pnggallery_48988_15094_2398.pnggallery_48988_15094_5561.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE  Heralds of Devastation

Help fund the B&C : Buy a model painted by me

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

That makes sense, but I've still never seen that before. I even checked the 2 40k wikis. 

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,502 posts

That makes sense, but I've still never seen that before. I even checked the 2 40k wikis. 

I think it's one of those weird things that exists in the fluff somewhere (probably the Deathwatch RPG?), but was never put into artwork form.

I do agree though, the Imperial Fists Yellow with the silver Deathwatch arm would look cool.

Edited by Gederas, 16 January 2019 - 03:21 PM.

CaptainStabby

CaptainStabby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
  • Faction: The Rout

I believe it's in the original Deathwatch WD article. The line essentially says that some chapters allow their returning DW vets to maintain the entire left arm silver when they get back, with the chapter badge moving to the right.

The only "Official" models I think they ever showed was I thiiiiiink a squad of Howling Griffons. Or the red & blue quartered guys. I definitely remember seeing it on a quartered scheme.

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,505 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

1 is an active DW member, typically they revert to 2 once their tour is completed and they've returned to the Chapter.

That's exactly the little snippet of background I was referring to!

I believe it's in the original Deathwatch WD article. The line essentially says that some chapters allow their returning DW vets to maintain the entire left arm silver when they get back, with the chapter badge moving to the right.

The only "Official" models I think they ever showed was I thiiiiiink a squad of Howling Griffons. Or the red & blue quartered guys. I definitely remember seeing it on a quartered scheme.

Yeah, it was in the WD article, then later got reprinted in one of the Chapter Approved collection -- I still have the (German) issue knocking about somewhere. Cheers for clarifying that, guys -- I was beginning to think I had only imagined the whole thing ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Conversions, Inquisitor, Horus Heresy, VIII Legion, Vostroyans, Astral Claws, XIV Legion, Dusk Raiders

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Bing (4)