The Minotaurs & also Horus (Updated August 18th)

Lorenzen

I'm just kidding buddy: he is looking fantastic - can't wait to see how the lion pelt look on him.

I should have a spare Moloc shield I can through your way as well.

I'm hoping to get a decent cast of the one ive got.. if it goes tits up ill take you up on that offer though need 5 of em in total for what im planning pinch.gif

im umming and ahhing about wether i should try and sculpt the lions head from scratch on this one, i think if i can pull it off it'll look better than the other plastic headed one and flow a bit better.. cloak is almost sanded enough now.. takes the piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss

537195_10151661057271406_530586704_n.jpg

outside of sanding i've made some pteruges, this dude is going to have the greek letter Psi on his right pad, the mintoaur symbol on his left, and the Lambda symbol carved into the top of his armour.. im considering doing something on his gorget aswell but im not sure what.

good call, was considering another lambda, but as he'll have one on his shield & one on his top/back, i think the omega is a better choice. smile.png

*ninja edit*

1098254_10151661311436406_1337250849_n.jpg

quick pic of the shoulderpad before i leave it to cure.

if its too hard mix more yellow in than blue, also id suggest cutting the middle bit out where the 2 strips meet.. its usually partly cured already and ends up making it lumpy.. (i dont use gw's greenstuff i use 2 separate tubes of yellow and blue) other than that try mixing in some miliput, it retards the curing time somewhat and when it does dry it goes pretty much rock solid.. i use it for cloaks etc (the icons etc are pure gs)

anyhoo its picture time!

1098524_10151662377116406_559486946_n.jp

i think im going to add small studs to the pteruges at the bottom.. they look a little plain atm.. but for the major stuff he's nearly done.. 1 more horn to go.

Quick group shot as they stand currently.. ajax's shield is going to be removed if my mould has worked properly.. but hes done as is Ω marine.. the helmeted guy is next on the cards.. his Λ leg is meant to be a bit dappled as per enkomi, moloc and aiaikos's armour, i need to add some swirly patterns to some of them before long..

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/220/e/5/0000000001_by_typhion-d6h8a31.jpg

the squad marking is going to be the letter Ψ, they will all have it on them somewhere (ajax will have it freehanded into the top of the vexilia) and then the majority will have a letter asigned to them as personal heraldry (bar helmet dude as he is the youngest member of the squad and hasn't earned his yet)

I'm just gonna leave this here.... I blame Lorenzen and his nagging. And the fact that the Minotaurs are cool. And maybe also that a new Codex Marines is on it's way. And that we plan to do a Doubles tourny with our 'taurs... Ok, there are many legitimate reasons but it's mainly Lorenzen and his nagging. whistlingW.gif

993347_10151849077364612_538154278_n.jpg

This is (the Daedelos) KRATA!

I'll get me cloak. Well, himation ;)

Lovely work. I am really enjoying the Minotaur threads that are knocking about. Everyone has a slightly different take on them but they are all clearly Minotaurs.

So my shield experimenting went well and i now have a method of reproducing molocs shield that im happy with.. so much so that Ajax has received a bit of paint.

993670_10151662814896406_1925230346_n.jpg

really pleased with how he's come out, the time and effort these guys are taking is definitley worth it as far as satisfaction is concerned.

Do you ever look at what you've done and just go 'You know what, I'm pretty damned good at this.' Your projects are always a joy to drop in one, such attention to detail and  truly mad skills which tend to make everything not just awesome but unique too.

These look awesome. You've managed to find a good balance with the verdigris, not like my own attempts at all. As said, the metals are very nice as well. Quite impressive. Your conversions are also very characterful and I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of them.

Cheers guys, I find that the more I sculpt the more I improve, my technique has improved drastically along with my patience for letting things cure properly.. thumb prints used to be my arch nemesis.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/221/0/4/1_by_typhion-d6hc8p1.jpg

how they stand atm.. the guy on the left (and Ajax) are done with Dargors method, it produces a slightly richer looking colour and is faster than my own method by a fair margin.. though i think i need to give the guy on the left another purple glaze to get the colour matched to ajax a bit better, though its not a big deal if theyre slightly off.

Dargors recipe is as such..

"Drybrush Brass Scorpion, Runelord Brass, Runefang Steel, wash Agrax Earthshade, tidy up with Runelord Brass, highlights with Runefang steel and a couple
of very thin glazes of biel tan green and then druchii violet."

the only alterations i made is i replaced runefang steel with VMA Steel and biel tan green with kabalite green for the verdigris :)

Archived