The Minotaurs & also Horus (Updated August 18th)

Lorenzen

Thanks dude, im really happy with how he came out (the cloak especially) enjoyed painting him, which is why the rest of the termies took a major back seat and once theyre done i have this bad boy to get on with!

1208892_10151703314936406_1682125369_n.jpg

i do wish the plasma cannon was a little bigger though.. its the most weeny gun for a contemptor :(

Great work as usual. Moloc looks superb. You're probably gonna hate me saying this after all the time you've spent doing the bronze but my favourite part of Moloc is the marble effect on the spear shaft. Is that effect modeled onto it? The little details like that really take it up a notch. I love the background of the weapon in the Badab War Imperial Armour. Rumoured to have been once used by the Adeptus Custodes. I'd like to think that influenced your decision on the marble. 

The latest version of the bronze looks the best in my opinion. The two tactical guys look spot on.

Of course he does, all the cool kids do it.. loth, moloc, angron (running over a body counts!) fulgrims alternate model, kael, brom.. :p

been working on another tactical marine.. so far these are the guys im happy with paint wise (though theres minor variances and the test dude needs a proper base and matte varnish, transfers etc.)

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/249/1/1/tactical_squad_by_typhion-d6l8815.jpg

im trying to make each model slightly unique at this point, each will have something "cool" on them if i can manage it.

Splendid stuff.

It is a shame the FW transfer sheet doesn't have the greek key stone in white as I reckoned that would look great as a trim on Moloc's cloak. I have tried finding transfers elsewhere on the web that are white but no luck.

Inspiring me to get back to mine but the new codex is just causing a torrent of ideas.

a torrent of minotaur ideas i hope! i did consider the key border for his cloak, but running a transfer along it would be next to impossible due to the shape of the curves (imho) and although i could have free handed it (in black, because i think white would have drawn the eye too low on the model) i feel that the plainer cloak acts as a mice contrast to what is a very detail heavy model.

built 8 sternguard and a mortis contemptor recently.. they are interlinked as Eudamidas Lycon was the original sergeant of Squad Lycon, but sustained heavy injuries during the late stages of the Badab war. In his last human words he asked to be interred so he would see the end of the war, the squad is now lead by his successor Dargor Tampakoudis though he has broken from tradition and kept his predecessors name for the squad in honour of Eudamidas or as he is now known Hecaton Lycos

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/250/2/0/squad_tampakoudis_by_typhion-d6le3hg.jpg

Looking good. Especially what looks like a Severin Loth bodyguard resin helm with the plastic sternguard crest on it.

Alas my ideas are all sorts, but I'll get my Minotaurs done before moving own to other Chapters.

As an aside, the Hecatons are the dreadnoughts they don't care about at all, like Aiakos (I personally reckon they are original Minotaurs and a bit doolally), whereas the ones they do respect are called Ancients (like Ancient Ephesios in Badab pt 2 or Ancient Geryon in Fall of Orpheus). As Eudamidas is honoured and respected he'd be an Ancient, not a Hecaton.

The reason i went with Hecaton is that in his own mind Eudamidas Lycon is no more, he died at the end of the badab conflict and all that is left is Lycos (hence the change to the name unlike Ancient Geryon) Sergeant Tampakoudis wants the name Lycon to live on, to be remembered and respected which is why he has kept it for the squad..

the way i have him pictured in my mind is broken, struggling to tell his brother marines apart and rarely speaking more than a few words at a time and as such neglected by the majority with only the few original members of squad Lycon giving him any real time or honour.. its only during moments of relative lucidity that they arm him and turn him lose.

had a bit of a dabble with a kit that divides opinions.. im still undecided personally, i think more work may be needed to get them to look right (though the walking one looks a lot better than the other 2 imho)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/251/3/d/centurion_by_typhion-d6liooe.jpg

current changes are extra height in the waist, reduction in size of crotch armour, removal of thigh plates completley, removal of the retarded heads in favour of power armour and im slowly cutting fingers into the mittens.

They look a lot better, good work for a lapdog of the corrupt high lords 

How did you manage to raise their torsos? The rest I can see for myself and seems easy enough (apart from turing the mittens into gauntlets). 

They look a lot better, good work for a true servant of the honourable high lords 

How did you manage to raise their torsos? The rest I can see for myself and seems easy enough (apart from turing the mittens into gauntlets). 

few bits of plasticard to get the height i wanted, then greenstuff round it to disguise the old marine waist. the fingers will be carved in, draw a few lines, sharp knife, then make them more defined.

the heads were the 1st obvious change for me.. the stock ones are just stupid especially considering the suits are "stepped into" by regular marines in power armour..

Love how you thought Lycon's background through :) As he is losing the plot he'd definitely be a Hecaton.

As Dohgouse says putting normal marine helmets on them really works (great idea). I particularly like the stance on the one of the far right. Would look great on an assault one swinging his drills about.

Really like your Minotaurs here, Makes me want to re-look at mine!

Also like what you've done with your Centurions, the different helmets definitely make a huge difference. Any chance of a back shot of the model to show what you've done with the waist? It doesn't look like it's been raised a huge amount but I could be wrong.

Cheers!

Very beautiful works here my friend...By the way I happen to be greek and this chapter is the one I like the most,because its inspiration is Ancient Greek blended with Roman...I guess you have a follower then...

P.S. Some guys paint so beautifully that actually put me to shame for even touching a brush...laugh.png

Archived