Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Brilliant. Love the muscle fibres youve managed to achieve too.

Also where is that skull from?

Thanks man, the skull is from one of the Vampire Counts sprues, can't remember which, I think the Crypt Ghouls or whatever the hell they're called.

That. Right there. Is a sexy looking Dreadnaught. 

Nice work on the sculpting so far, and gratz, the hand looks great! My 2 cents would be that the little finger is a bit short/thin, you can barely see that its there. Not sure if its the photo or not.

Thanks, yeah it looks a little off, but honestly after it's covered in gore and had a nail through it, I think it'll be hard to notice.

Great job on the sculpting (if i have to be nitpicky the biceps are usually bigger than the triceps and the tricips consists of 3 bundles)

Thanks! Also yeah I know it's a rough approximation of human biology, but I don't think my sculpting is to a level where I can do individual muscle groups within a muscle lol.

+++++++

Another quick update tonight seeing as I'll be out of town all weekend getting some much needed winter climbing in :) I sat back down and knocked out the OSL and lenses on the raiders weapons and hull. Let me know what you think.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/e6358bf5-5327-41a5-a4bd-eae0dc02eec8_zps4b8073ea.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/a0dcb4a1-6354-4e1c-9105-46cb27f5f1b1_zpsa1398358.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/5acafc1f-3f42-4ed5-85fb-016f82ff2656_zpsc6882e70.jpg

AVE DOMINUS NOX

Wow man, those muscles really look ace. I knew you were good, but you're quickly taking it to the next level. The hand looks great even with the little pinky, but i agree that with gore no-one will notice.

Also, that use of light on the ribbed part of the lascannons that you use really looks cool. I saw that somewhere else and I must say Im tempted... ;)

That corpse is looking crazy good! Anatomically speaking, it's pretty darn close for something so tiny.

Also loving the OSL on the lascannons. That glowy pale green is perfect to offset that dark, wine red.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Wow man, those muscles really look ace. I knew you were good, but you're quickly taking it to the next level. The hand looks great even with the little pinky, but i agree that with gore no-one will notice.

Also, that use of light on the ribbed part of the lascannons that you use really looks cool. I saw that somewhere else and I must say Im tempted... :wink:

Thanks man, I always try to challenge myself in this hobby and attempt things I've never done before, glad the first try came out so well.

Heinrich hits another 6!!!

The flayed body's just keep getting better.

Thanks man! 

That corpse is looking crazy good! Anatomically speaking, it's pretty darn close for something so tiny.

Also loving the OSL on the lascannons. That glowy pale green is perfect to offset that dark, wine red.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Thanks sister, pretty happy with how the raider is coming along :)

Raider coming along great guns (see what I did there?) and the contempor; wow, just wow.

Also looking forward to seeing rejuvenated Hashek completed :smile.:

Thanks man, yeah Hashec should hopefully be getting some love next week sometime, I'm saving him for when I finish the contemptor so I can basecoat their parts together.

love the osl .....is it me or do the lascannon guards look a bit off balance?

Thanks, also yeah they are all jacked up lol. That's the one regret I have about this commission, the fact that I've built none of it so I'm putting a good paintjob on someone else's models. My friend is a good dude, but he's lazy about cleaning mold lines and doesn't have the patience to really make sure a conversion is properly cleaned up. It's all good though, I make him pay for it on the tabletop whenever the 15th Company frog-stomps his Word Bearers lol.

Wow, some really epic stuff here. I really enjoy seeing the conversion work and the thought processes behind the way you do the models, such as the cracked helm for Hashec Tor, the diversity of bits used. I also like the way you have come up with alternatives, such as heavy weapons teams instead of obliterators.... Some really cool stuff. Oh and the sories? Who could forget those?

For the plague marines. Have you considered maybe hitting certain areas with a metal colour, then a bit fo salton it, then a rust colour over the top, a bit more salt and then Night lords blue? when you wash the salt away(and the paint attached, it might give you a really nice corroded effect, like the armour is all chewed and pitted and you keep the Night Lordy look. I have seen it done on vehicles, not sure how well it would translate onto infantry. Maybe also a little sand in clumps on the armour to make it look scabby, or as if the rust is bubbling up under the surface.

The contemptor looks sweet, loving the Plasma cannon and lascannon coneversions. They give the arms some much needed weight.

I am looking forward to seeing the Raptors done too.

• 2 weeks later...

Call of Chaos Update

Well people, it's finally done. The Land Raider for my friend's Word Bearers army in all it's glory. For the record this is the second one I've ever painted and I still hate doing it lol. Waaaaaay too many edges to highlight. In the end though I'm pleased with the result and I know he is as well. Look for this bad boy to feature in some future batreps as well. Let me know what you think, comments and criticisms are always much appreciated. Cheers!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/05e6cc71-2881-478b-9d59-fa9611bcfe6d_zps7d479828.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/bc470c08-b688-4425-9b6f-5fdef2ff06a4_zps2de42896.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/aa75b513-5e28-4d84-9ffa-bb682c46b72b_zps22b4d985.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/4079fda0-833a-4e6a-ad8e-0331512a6262_zps8327daed.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/05bbd213-6933-4ea4-a901-ba57d712794d_zps4a298f50.jpg

+++++++

Stay tuned for more updates brothers and sisters. I've got cultists and daemonettes in the pipeline as well as Gevaudas the Warmonger, my Night Lords Contemptor Dreadnought. 

AVE DOMINUS NOX

That looks great. When did you buy the Chaos Land Raider? Can you confirm that the box still contains all the parts of a loyalist land raider and an extra sprue of "spiky bits"? I'm thinking of buying that kit to get a loyalist land raider with the dragon head weapon covers out of it.

Wwo man, that is an awesome tank right there. As a former WB collector I sympathize with you about the trouble it is to paint large surfaces in a convincing red. You've pulled it off neatly though. :tu: I see many broken off points on the trophies - pity!! But your friend is justly pleased with this awesome tank. Looking forward to the batrep!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey chap,

I love ther really deep blue you have for your Night Lords armour. How did you do it, may I ask? I've scourted through most of the pages but can't see if you have posted the process.  I'm about to start Night Lords now I've finished my Salamanders and have struggled till now to find a scheme that I liked for them

Edited by grand_master85

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

WE HAVE COME FOR YOU!

++++++++

The faint light in the arming hall shone dully from the suit of midnight war-plate. A barely visible impression of curved plates and savage angles, it seethed with an aura of malice and cruelty. Despite its malevolent aspect, the armor was an expertly crafted piece made by the hand of a truly skilled, albeit demented, artificer. 

Hashec traced a finger along the edge of the right pauldron, the chiropteran-winged skull icon his legion emblazoned upon it. He seldom wore it anymore, times had changed, and the 15th company was not what it once was. 

“Waxing nostalgic again brother?”

The vox-distorted voice rumbled through the hall, low but thunderous and deadly. Hashec glanced over his shoulder toward the towering form of Gevaudas, or rather the baroque Dreadnought chassis that sustained what remained of him. But for a quirk of fate, Gevaudas could have been the one leading the company, while Hashec rotted away inside a walking tomb.

“Do you ever miss the old days?”

A deep chuckle reverberated from the Dreadnoughts vox caster

“You speak of them as if things were better then.” 

“Not better necessarily, just more clear, more simplistic. ”

“Things are still clear, still simple. The sons of Nostramo have been stealing, scheming, and murdering their brothers since the day the crawled from their mother’s wombs. Things are no different now than the from the days when Horus and our Father still drew breath.”

“Well at least back then we were winning.”

Gevaudas laughed again, creating echoes that chased one another through the shadows of the arming hall. 

“Can’t argue with that brother. I don’t even recall the last time we had working drop pods, let alone a working volkite weapon.”

A half-grin split Hashec’s scarred visage and he shook his head ruefully.

“True enough, what I wouldn’t give for a charger. Bolters have their merits, but nothing beats a volkite. Do you remember 48-17?”

The eye lenses of Gevaudas’ helm glowed red in the darkness.

“Like it was yesterday…” 

++++++++

Gevaudas, called "War-monger", Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought, 15th Company, VIII Legion Astartes

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%203/12016650_10154218846168761_984746367_n_zpseo0lx8r2.jpg

++++++++

You all thought it was safe to turn out the light didn't you? Thought I'd gone soft and traded in my midnight wings for ivory feathers? Well you all forgot rule number one, never trust a son of Nostramo. I'm going back, back to the days when the 15th Company was mighty. Back to the days of blood and thunder, the days when the galaxy trembled under the might of the legions, and I'm dragging you all with me...

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Edited by Brother Heinrich

I'm at a complete and utter loss for words... Heinrich's brought his Night Lords back into the swirling madness of the Heresy? Bravo, my friend, bravo. You know, one of these days I'm going to have to come down to Portland and we can play a game together, just so I can see these gorgeous models in person. Don't know when I'll ever have the time, though.

Right on...

So glad to see my favorite Night Lords are back.

Glad to be back, feels like home...

welcome back brother :smile.:

Thanks man, glad to be back.

Bloody right on about time you went full swing again.

So volkites and drop pods and Dreadnought

Ohh my

Perhaps.... ;)

I'm at a complete and utter loss for words... Heinrich's brought his Night Lords back into the swirling madness of the Heresy? Bravo, my friend, bravo. You know, one of these days I'm going to have to come down to Portland and we can play a game together, just so I can see these gorgeous models in person. Don't know when I'll ever have the time, though.

Thanks man, where do you live?