Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

For the TO&E's I used photoshop to create the black profile outlines of all the vehicles and infantry from existing Forge World pictures and then I used powerpoint to arrange all the pictures and create the lines and whatnot. Pretty straightforward though it took a little figuring out how to make a black mask layer and use the smart selector tool in photoshop. 

Thank you for that explanation. We are just about to get a campaign going with a few buddys of mine as well, and since I happen to be the resident GM for it, I was gonna as how you did the organization charts. Now I just need to get my hands on photoshop =) 

Also - this is gonna be great. I'll follow this campaign for sure. 

Nice TO&E for the forces of you and your friends. Yet another thing I'll shamelessly be stealing from recent posters once I get a decent amount of my Crimson Sons under way.

Let me know if you need any of the silhouettes I created man, happy to share.

Edited by Brother Heinrich

I must jump on the wagon and give +1 for org chart :D Really nice idea and helpful for drawing our forces org. Might try and do something similar for my army.

Those few Night Lords blogs which I follow are great inspiration for everyone not just for us midnight clad, come on people join us you know you want it :D .

So I've gotten a couple requests regarding the actual rules and layout of the campaign, me being the generous fellow I am I decided I should post them up for those of you looking to build your own narrative campaigns. For ours we used the model of Imperial Armour 12: The Fall of Orpheus. We elected to make it a linear story-driven campaign for ease of play, but in the future we may do a more strategic campaign with players attacking and defending territory.

The Caedon Incursion:

Game Rules

Objective:

Have fun, drink beer, eat pretzels, play 40k. The way the hobby was meant to be.

The Setting:

The Caedon Incursion Campaign spans 6 warzones in total. The players will compete for dominance in each warzone by fighting battles according to the 6th edition Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. The warzones are fought in the following order:

- Volusia: A jungle-covered death world from which the Marines Exemplar draw new recruits. 

- Gratican IX: A primus-class mining world known for its large deposits of Adamantium and other war-critical materials. Planetary topography consists of large desert areas and mountainous terrain.

Mordax Prime: A tertiary-class mining world covered in ice and snow, Mordax Prime provides large amounts of volatile promethium from the many ice-locked lakes across its surface.

Bergos IV: The central hub of trade and manufacturing in the Caedon Nebula, Bergos IV is also home to the 56th, 93rd, and 122nd Bergosian Imperial Guard regiments.

The Void War: An epic clash above the shrine world of Lorian Secundus, the void war was to be the first, bloody stage of the deadly battle for Lorian Secundus.

Lorian Secundus: An Imperial shrine world dedicated to Saint Logis, it is home to the Basilica of Enlightenment. It is within this sacred edifice, that the bones and relics of Saint Logis himself are contained.

There will be two factions fighting for control of each warzone. These are the forces of Order and the forces of Chaos. The forces of Order are composed of the Marines Exemplar and Doom Eagles chapters of the Adeptus Astartes, as well as Eldar forces from the Craftworld Tri-Authren. The forces of Chaos are composed of detachments from the Night Lords, Word Bearers, and Emperor’s Children traitor legions.

Fighting the War:

Each warzone will be contested for one week (Monday to Sunday). During this time period, any number of battles may be fought between the forces of Order and Chaos. Each player must participate in at least one game, per warzone, during the week in which it is active. The winner of each warzone is decided by Victory Points. Each battle within a warzone grants Victory Points. At the end of each week, the Victory Points accrued for each faction will be tallied and the victor decided. Both factions will receive a number of “Strategic Points,” for their efforts, dictated by the table below.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/ScreenShot2014-01-06at110720AM_zps537ba285.png

At the end of the campaign strategic points will be tallied for both factions; the side with the most strategic points will claim overall victory.

Hidden Objectives:

During the campaign, each faction has the option to choose one of two hidden objectives. These objectives will be kept secret from the opposing side until they have been achieved. The two optional hidden objectives are as follows:

-  By the Last Drop of Blood: Select a single warzone for this objective. If victory is claimed in the warzone of choice, double the strategic points you receive.

- The Ashes of Martyrdom: Select a single warzone for this objective. If defeated in this warzone, the enemy faction halves the strategic points they receive.

Mission Setup:

All missions will be setup and played according to the 6th Edition Warhammer 40,000 core rulebook. All missions with more than 2,000 points per side may make use of super heavies and rules from the Imperial Armour: Apocalypse (2013) supplement.

The minimum force size for the campaign will be 1,000 points per side with armies chosen from the Warhammer 40,000 core rulebook. Both sides must mutually agree upon the point level for any larger sized games. 

Point Tally Tables:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/ScreenShot2014-01-06at110738AM_zpsb5137530.png

* Additionally we are in the process of writing up warzone specific rules that reflect the hostile environments and unique battlefields of the Caedon Belt (Sand storms, Ice storms, angry reptiles etc.) But we still have to work out the kinks so they don't interfere with play too much.

Hope this helps, happy gaming gents.

** Edit: don't know how to make tables work so I just took screencaps of them from word.

Edited by Brother Heinrich

One suggestion: PIZZA!

Suggestion: On Volusia, you can limit the line of sight due to the foliage while also doing something to represent that the ground can go anywhere from solid to water to mud. Maybe like, "At the beginning of your Movement Phase, roll a D3. On a roll of 1, Move normally. On a roll of two, half your movement distance. On a roll of three, quarter it."

First off, Amazing models! The fluff is glorious as well!

Is the campaign based off the one in Fall of Orpheus? I've been tempted to use that one for a local group.

Suggestions for the areas:

- Volusia: Have permanent all-game night fight from the thick canopy and sight blocking bushes, then add terrain from the random forest table from the rule book.

- Gratican IX: lots of hills and line-of-sight blocking features

Mordax Prime: Use the Winter Rules GW released a couple of years ago: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=4600002a
Bergos IV: no Idea, maybe just use standard rules for a "civilized " planet?

The Void War: I hope your planning on using FW's void warfare rules!

Lorian Secundus: cityfight? I think it is still legal.

Edit: forgot to list Bergos

Edited by TJWyrm

Landraider: Update II

Hey gents just a quick update on the Landraider. Got the base coat all done and I'm working on the metallic bits. I should have a good chunk of time tomorrow evening to get some painting done so hopefully I can make a good amount of headway on this monster. I know the pictures aren't the best but I figured I'd get an update out there to slake you appetites. Cheers!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/c6c22f39-1428-4331-aa7e-38ed6d5f450e_zpsb36cf059.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/036b9d44-5a8f-4cec-b30c-71a7a0f329aa_zps3f6d81cc.jpg

AVE DOMINUS NOX 

Looks great to start! Just enough extra gross bits to look awesome without delving into overdone or cheesy.

Those are the "dominator" tracks from Blood n' Skulls industry, correct? How do you find them to work with

That's a sweet looking tank Heinrich!  Oddball question for you: is the height of the columns in the side sponsons roughly the same height as those on a traditional land raider?  I'm curious if one could theoretically fit some old metal crusader hurricane bolters in that beast. 

I had been searching the internet for inspiration to use toward the Night Lords warband I am beginning to plan out to fight alongside the Word Bearers I have on my bench when I came across pictures of Hashec Tor and the Atramentar you had beautifully built!! I looked all over the place for any further info, only to find you here on B & C where until recently I never ventured outside of the Fang...

Your army is incredible!! The characterization of each model shows the devotion and dedication you have to the army, bravo.

Now some day our paths may cross so do not be alarmed if you see some ideas mirrored back at you!! My thanks to you (and Dan) in advance!!

Good luck in Badab brother!!

End of Line