Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

While I still grieve for "old Hashec", the fluff was so finger-licking good that I think you'll be able to pull off this redesign in style: What's more, the story plays to your greatest strengths, that is to imbue your models with character and make them into much more than just a tabletop army -- I could never get enough of this. On a related-note, aren't tense conversations between the warband leader and his men the best? I wrote such a piece for my own army as well, and I thought situations like that are great fun to write - even moreso tha battle scenes.

And the model is simply amazing, of course! Full of malice and sinister majesty. Fantastic job! My one nitpick is that the dirt on the cape maybe seems a bit much, but that's obviously spitballing an otherwise flawless model ;)

Carry on, mate! :)

Absolutely love the story and the new model is fantastic! :thumbsup:  I really like how you "justify" the new look on the captain fluff wise, instead of him mysteriously replacing terminator armour with power armour and bike for no reason.

Keep it up, brother. Keep it up.

Really great Night Lords - 15th Company army & really great background though out your army log on the units, character & campaign that they are battle in :D  Also your recent update is making me want to add a unit of Biker to my own Iron Warriors 5th Grand Company force.

IP

He's awesome, dude. 'Nuff said.

And, I was in one of your stories. That makes it twice as cool.  :tongue.:

Thanks man, Vol Sahid is going to feature in a future story as well ;)

Can...... Can I....... Can I be a night lord pwetty pwease :sad.:

Yep, just mail a flayed face in and we'll see if you've got what it takes to be part of the family :)

My God, man. This is the kind of guy that makes fellow Astartes soil themselves. So brutally awesome.

Thanks Darth!

*Apone voice*

Absolute baddass!

Haha thanks sheep!

That helmet works beautifully for that chap! Really loving the bikes,they look really nice together. I also like that all the other Marines have both tires on the ground, giving him a height difference to make him stand out even more. Well done.

-Tarvik

Thanks Tarvik, I'll try to get some army shots up in the future, he looks so beast next to the other bikers, I'm really pleased with how he came out.

The models great, but man did I ever love your fluff story! Great work :smile.:

Thanks KBA glad you enjoyed it!

Finally. So good to see those in colour. And they look so good too.

Thanks man.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you get seduced by Nurgle. :thumbsup: 

Great story Heinrich, you have a good pen. Love to read moar!

Thanks Augustus, I don't think I'll write anything as long in the future, but we'll see. I still have a few tales left to tell about the 15th Company...

While I still grieve for "old Hashec", the fluff was so finger-licking good that I think you'll be able to pull off this redesign in style: What's more, the story plays to your greatest strengths, that is to imbue your models with character and make them into much more than just a tabletop army -- I could never get enough of this. On a related-note, aren't tense conversations between the warband leader and his men the best? I wrote such a piece for my own army as well, and I thought situations like that are great fun to write - even moreso tha battle scenes.

And the model is simply amazing, of course! Full of malice and sinister majesty. Fantastic job! My one nitpick is that the dirt on the cape maybe seems a bit much, but that's obviously spitballing an otherwise flawless model :wink:

Carry on, mate! :smile.:

Thanks KS, you were honestly one of the ones I was most concerned about winning over haha, I value your opinion as a writer and fellow hobbyist greatly so I'm glad he gets a thumbs up from you. I agree about the cape as well, I think I went just a little too heavy on the dirt and what not, but it doesn't bug me enough to re-do.

Absolutely love the story and the new model is fantastic! :thumbsup:  I really like how you "justify" the new look on the captain fluff wise, instead of him mysteriously replacing terminator armour with power armour and bike for no reason.

Keep it up, brother. Keep it up.

Thanks Barabbas, I'm all about continuity and story flow ;)

Really great Night Lords - 15th Company army & really great background though out your army log on the units, character & campaign that they are battle in :biggrin.:  Also your recent update is making me want to add a unit of Biker to my own Iron Warriors 5th Grand Company force.

IP

Thanks IP, that means a lot coming from you, also you should do it! Bikes are awesome :)

I'll just pile on the praise. Everything looks great.

My favorite is the tiny slice of his jacked up face that you can *just* barely see through his helm. 

Freakin' sweet.

And Hashec Tor returns. Beautiful fluff, as usual Heinrich, and the model makes it even better!

And am I the only one who wants to see Elias in model form in the future? No? Anybody?

Looking forward to more tales of the 15th, Brother!

And Hashec Tor returns. Beautiful fluff, as usual Heinrich, and the model makes it even better!

And am I the only one who wants to see Elias in model form in the future? No? Anybody?

You're not the only one. A Night Lords style Apothecary would be great.

Sod the Contemptor and the Apothecary, I want to see the Storm Eagle. You put it in the fluff, now you've gotta build it.

Also, that full biker squad just brought this to mind:

The sirens are screaming and the fires are howling 
Way down in the valley tonight 
There's a man in the shadows with a gun in his eye 
And a blade shining oh so bright 
There's evil in the air and there's thunder in the sky 
And a killer's on the bloodshot streets

Minus the minute and a half of intro, obviously.

Dragonlover

The new Hashec looks superb, but I can't help thinking he looks a little unfinished next to the rest of the bikers. Can't quite place exactly what it is but for some reason im thinking contrast.

Sod the Contemptor and the Apothecary, I want to see the Storm Eagle. You put it in the fluff, now you've gotta build it.

SECOND!

The new Hashec looks superb, but I can't help thinking he looks a little unfinished next to the rest of the bikers. Can't quite place exactly what it is but for some reason im thinking contrast.

Now that you mention it, I see what you mean and I think I know why that is: all the other bikers have 'crests' on their helmets, while Hashec does not. This leaves his helmet very 'dark', without the lighter blue highlighting on a 'crest'. Might that be it?

You're on a roll, don't stop now. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next.

Well I'm about to enter into a pretty labor-intensive semester and the weather is finally getting nice enough for me to start camping and climbing outside again so I gotta take advantage of that while I can so my hobbying is probably gonna slow down for a bit, though I do plan on finishing Gevaudas before I stop.

Great story, awesome model and a kickass paint job, I believe that's what we call a trifecta

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks man will do.

So awesome and wicked!! So full of win!! :devil: 

Love the fluff and truly yours and Heathens stories are so frakking awesome! Love to read them!

Big cher for the lord of dread! And you too mate :wink:

Haha thanks man, glad you enjoy the fluff :)

I'll just pile on the praise. Everything looks great.

My favorite is the tiny slice of his jacked up face that you can *just* barely see through his helm. 

Freakin' sweet.

Thanks, the helmet was perfect and I kind of wove the narrative around that feature on purpose.

Thanks man, I probably will make Elias at some point as Apothecaries are my favorite kind of Space Marine.

See Elias? I would like to see Gevaudas!!!

Soon... :ph34r.:

See Elias? I would like to see Gevaudas!!!

Ah, but that's going to be a given, Brother - we know that Heinrich can't resist 'Night Lord-ing up' a Contemptor :wink:

You know me too well lol.

You never cease to disappoint Heinrich. Outstanding work as always

I take it you mean I never disappoint? Lol regardless thank you and I get what you're saying :)

You're not the only one. A Night Lords style Apothecary would be great.

I'll see what I can cobble together i the days ahead, gotta figure out what he would count as though.

Also, that full biker squad just brought this to mind:

The sirens are screaming and the fires are howling 
Way down in the valley tonight 
There's a man in the shadows with a gun in his eye 
And a blade shining oh so bright 
There's evil in the air and there's thunder in the sky 
And a killer's on the bloodshot streets

Minus the minute and a half of intro, obviously.

Dragonlover

Lol nice, and yeah don't hold your breath on a storm eagle, I'm not made of money lol.

Hmmm, I'll see if I can get some other shots with the bikers, the skin on the dragon skull is flesh-toned as well but my lighting kept washing it out and giving it the illusion of being bone-colored. The skin tone on the front helps balance the skin banner as well in my opinion so it's a shame it doesn't come across well. 

SECOND!

>The new Hashec looks superb, but I can't help thinking he looks a little unfinished next to the rest of the bikers. Can't quite place exactly what it is but for some reason im thinking contrast.

Now that you mention it, I see what you mean and I think I know why that is: all the other bikers have 'crests' on their helmets, while Hashec does not. This leaves his helmet very 'dark', without the lighter blue highlighting on a 'crest'. Might that be it?

Could be now that you say it, Idk I'll try to get some other shots and see if we can pin down what it is.

Great model and wonderful backstory. Been lurking in this thread for months and it's a great inspiration.

Thanks man, always happy to inspire.

+++++++

Well thanks for all the positive comments guys, they really do keep me going on what has been the longest and most complete army project I've ever undertaken, so cheers to all of you! In other news I recently had a rematch with my buddy's bastard Grey Knights and this time evil triumphed, mainly because good is dumb :tongue.:.

The scenario was Crusade (or something like that) and we rolled 3 objectives, each worth 3 points. Deployment was hammer and anvil. For warlord traits I got the one that lets me choose whether night fight happens or not and my friend got the one that lets him re-roll reserve rolls or something like that. Our lists were both the same 1500 point lists as last time.

15th Company

• Chaos Lord - Black Mace, Sigil of Corruption, Melta Bombs, MoN, Bike, VotLW

• Chaos Contemptor - Butcher Cannon

• 10x Chaos Space Marines - 2x Plasma, VotLW, Melta Bombs, Chainaxe, Rhino

• 10x Chaos Space Marines - 2x Plasma, VotLW, Melta Bombs, Chainaxe, Rhino

• 6x Chaos Bikers - MoN, 2x Melta Guns

• Chaos Landraider

• 3x Obliterators - MoN

Grey Knights

• Grand Master

• Brotherhood Champion

• 5x Grey Knight Terminators

• 10x Grey Knight Squad

• 10x Interceptors

• Dread Knight

• Vindicare Assassin

• Psycannons and Psybolt Ammo all over everything.

Initial Deployment

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1966721_10152687295728761_595917174_n_zpsc4c66874.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1958341_10152687295768761_2132542601_n_zpsa5431fe8.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/10001314_10152687295648761_1597107179_n_zps83eec4cd.jpg

I won't bore you guys with the full breakdown, suffice to say though, this game went much better. Some of the highlights included the Contemptor blasting that damned Vindicare into the next life on turn 1 despite him having a 2+ cover save from night fighting. That feel when someone doesn't get FnP because you're using a str 8, 4-shot autocannon lol. Hashec and the bikers ended up giving my friend 'Slay the Warlord' but I got '1st Blood' from killing his assassin. The Oblits wreaked a bloody tally and killed the 5 man Knight squad you can see forward deployed in the picture (silly Space Marines, your farm house can't save you from plasma death), they also put a couple wounds on the wraith knight, unfortunately it wasn't in time to save the landraider who got smashed by a bunch of str 10 attacks from the baby carriage.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1613972_10152687295443761_1187905564_n_zps48e372e4.jpg

Hashec and the bikers had a good run at my buddies home objective, unfortunately a bunch of terminators and the interceptors showed up next turn and promptly blasted them to pieces before a thunder hammer finally put paid to Hashec. (Good thing he's immortal eh?)

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1939848_10152687295548761_1396381388_n_zps029c315c.jpg

The interceptors managed to make it into assault on the last turn, luckily it was only one guy and 1st Claw dealt with him accordingly (Man I wish I had talent for murder, freaking 40k chaos rules). The whole game basically hinged upon the two remaining Grey Knight Terminators and the brotherhood champion who you can see threatening the middle objective, however 1000heathens, Dan the Deamon, Vazzy, Darth Potato, Kraut Scientist, and Dragonkin Arenas pulled through and blasted them off the face of the planet with plasma death from above, thus winning me the game. Thanks guys :D

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1236796_10152687295383761_439743004_n_zpsb168eafe.jpg

All in all it was a really fun game and a good rematch, I am reminded again how lucky I am to have a gaming group that balances fluff with competitive list-building as every single one of our games comes down to one dice roll or a simple mistake, which is how this game should be. Final score was Grey Knights: 4 vs Night Lords: 7, thanks everyone for reading and stay tuned for more adventures with the 15th Company.

+AVE DOMINUS NOX+

Great report Heinrich! You've inspired me to try one myself!

Question: What was your thought behind taking a Land Raider sans transporting assault unit and taking the chainaxes against SM?

Rule of cool baby :cool.:. But yeah nothing other than I wanted a fully painted force on the field and thats what I had. I'm thinking about swapping the Landraider for a pair of relic predators when I don't take anything to put inside the Landraider. You've got an Executioner Pred right? 

Rule of cool baby B). But yeah nothing other than I wanted a fully painted force on the field and thats what I had. I'm thinking about swapping the Landraider for a pair of relic predators when I don't take anything to put inside the Landraider. You've got an Executioner Pred right? 

Cant think of a better reason. Yeah I have an executioner with a plasma destroyer. I've fielded it twice with vastly different results. But that same rule made me want to build another one. You should build one too!:thumbsup: I just ordered a magazine and muzzle of the Imperial Knight thermal cannon and a Leman Russ turret to build me an Infernus Predator with a Magna Melta. :B