Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Haha, you need to get your buddy to put some work in on his Gray Knights. They should be metallic gray, not plastic gray :P

I also love your contemptor, running around in his loud white paint scheme. I'm glad to see that World Eaters and Nightlords colors look good on the same battlefield with each other too. 

Anywho, thanks for continuing the mini-battle reports. They always look good and give me a great laugh. Looks like a "Talent for Murder" and a scorp Whirlwind or two would have come in mighty handy though. Feel free to jump ship to the cool kids boat anytime now ^_^

So having finally gotten over here and read through 49 bloody pages (hangover eye bleed much? all I see are white lines super imposed on everything!), I must say you turned my opinion of the Night Lords around. I've never really liked them, it's refreshing to see them done in such a way. This is how I see Chaos Marines, all the more better to reinforce that with your superb models. I'm eagerly awaiting seeing your Plague Marines fella. 

Best of luck with future additions. 

P.S I think you should keep Brutus as part of the force as he is, seems poetic that he abandoned his own warband in favour of the Night Lords blood-letting. 

Rule of cool baby :cool.:. But yeah nothing other than I wanted a fully painted force on the field and thats what I had. I'm thinking about swapping the Landraider for a pair of relic predators when I don't take anything to put inside the Landraider. You've got an Executioner Pred right? 

Cant think of a better reason. Yeah I have an executioner with a plasma destroyer. I've fielded it twice with vastly different results. But that same rule made me want to build another one. You should build one too!:thumbsup: I just ordered a magazine and muzzle of the Imperial Knight thermal cannon and a Leman Russ turret to build me an Infernus Predator with a Magna Melta. :B

I think I will, lol this army just won't end.

I soooooo want to play against this army........when you coming over to the UK? Lol

God I wish we could man, that'd be epic.

Dude what about me, some smashy smashy goodness from my power axe!

I actually haven't fielded the good old Atramentar for bit, they've just underperformed the crap out of most games I put them in, however I've decided to add a fifth Terminator and change up their gear a bit to possibly make them worth something on the battlefield.

Haha, you need to get your buddy to put some work in on his Gray Knights. They should be metallic gray, not plastic gray :tongue.:

I also love your contemptor, running around in his loud white paint scheme. I'm glad to see that World Eaters and Nightlords colors look good on the same battlefield with each other too. 

Anywho, thanks for continuing the mini-battle reports. They always look good and give me a great laugh. Looks like a "Talent for Murder" and a scorp Whirlwind or two would have come in mighty handy though. Feel free to jump ship to the cool kids boat anytime now :happy.:

Yeah I know I'm constantly telling him he should get cracking on them, I base-coated them silver and told him to wash them and paint the tabards..... still hasn't done it lol. Though he's got a more relaxed semester coming up so hopefully you guys will get to see some fully painted Grey Knights in the future. 

Happy you enjoy the bat-reps as well, I'll keep 'em coming.

So having finally gotten over here and read through 49 bloody pages (hangover eye bleed much? all I see are white lines super imposed on everything!), I must say you turned my opinion of the Night Lords around. I've never really liked them, it's refreshing to see them done in such a way. This is how I see Chaos Marines, all the more better to reinforce that with your superb models. I'm eagerly awaiting seeing your Plague Marines fella. 

Best of luck with future additions. 

P.S I think you should keep Brutus as part of the force as he is, seems poetic that he abandoned his own warband in favour of the Night Lords blood-letting. 

Happy to have changed your view on the VIIIth Legion man, as much as I'd love to keep fielding Brutus, I think you'll like what I've got planned for Gevaudas in the future.

I'm glad you knew what I meant :laugh.:  reading it back makes me sound like a right douche

No worries man :)

+++++++

So over Spring break I'm going to be stepping away from the 15th Company to work on my buddy's Word Bearers chapter, The Forsaken Truth. I won't be posting fluff for these guys as he's writing his own and has a particular vision for them locked up in him brain case. Suffice to say these are the same Word Bearers currently fighting alongside the 15th Company as part of the ongoing invasion of the Caedon sector. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this brief sojourn amongst the sons of Lorgar.

Terminators (No idea what he calls them lol

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1977366_10152702684803761_1077778513_n_zps073cfc26.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like the bottom left guy is giving people the finger?;)

Edit: I'll second what Forte said, they'd look even more awesome with some scribbles of text here and there or maybe some glyphs.

Edited by Koriel

^^^^ that there ^^^^

is why your one of my idols

Thanks man, but I am just a humble messenger spreading the glory of the Dark Gods :thumbsup:

Those WB look the part. Though I do feel they need a little more writing on the actual armour.

Is it just me, or does it look like the bottom left guy is giving people the finger?:wink:

Edit: I'll second what Forte said, they'd look even more awesome with some scribbles of text here and there or maybe some glyphs.

Thanks guys, yeah there is a lot of middle-fingery-ness among the chaos sculpts it seems lol. As far as the armor goes, I could definitely do writing however my friend wanted them to look more like the original Index Astartes scheme than the ones in Massacre.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120714060600/warhammer40k/images/thumb/5/50/WB_Termi.jpg/317px-WB_Termi.jpg

On the one hand I hate you for being so stupidly talented with both your modelling and painting. On the other I'm just grateful I've got such wonderful stuff to take inspiration from

Happy to inspire man, as always.

Great job, and I love the flames and the lighting around them.

Thanks man, it's my first time tackling flames and OSL fire glow, I'm pretty pleased with the result myself.

Oh, cool beans. They are very characterful!

It's neat to see how well those Dark Angels can be repurposed for a more worthwhile chapter :happy.:

Thanks, and yeah he does a good job kit-bashing and making use of nasty loyalist parts :thumbsup:

Wow... just... wow...

Thanks man :)

Those terminators look brilliant! Fantastic job on them. I'm really fond of the fire on their backs. Adds a nice focal point, and all that cool artsy stuff. Well done. What can we expect to see next?

-Tarvik

Very characterful and i really like your red. I used to paint WB but could never settle on a satisfying technique for painting red. So i switched to Night Lords. Hate me, but I think they are equal in level of cool and these models show why.

How did you do the red?

Those are some lovely Word bearers man!

Thanks man!

Can't argue with that.

Indeed, secretly I'm glad because it cuts down time on cranking these bad boys out lol.

Those terminators look brilliant! Fantastic job on them. I'm really fond of the fire on their backs. Adds a nice focal point, and all that cool artsy stuff. Well done. What can we expect to see next?

-Tarvik

Thanks man! Next up is gonna be either a Soul Grinder or some Screamers of Tzeentch.

Very characterful and i really like your red. I used to paint WB but could never settle on a satisfying technique for painting red. So i switched to Night Lords. Hate me, but I think they are equal in level of cool and these models show why.

How did you do the red?

I prime the model black and then airbrush Red Gore (VGC Gory Red) from a 45° downward angle, then I use Nuln Oil and spray at a 45° downward angle to tint the red darker and then finally go back with a Red Gore highlight. Bam done and done. I finish the model with a gloss varnish coat, let it sit for a few hours, then come back and hit it with a matte coat.

I would honestly like to come over to your country and play your army. If it wasn't too much money I defiantly would

I know right!? Damn this large-ass planet of ours.

What significance does the gloss varnish coat followed by a matte coat have?

I'm curious as I'm kinda an airbrush noob.

What Forte said, basically it just increases the durability of the protection, especially since these guys are gonna be table top warriors not display pieces.

Very clean Heinrich Trademarked paint on those Word Bearers, but before I read anything I could tell you didn't pose them -- that's not a slight on your friend's job: it's more a compliment to your kitbashing/posing skills. Sometimes that can get lost underneath a lovely paintjob. Either way, your friend is very lucky you're lending him your brush skills :)