Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Very clean Heinrich Trademarked paint on those Word Bearers, but before I read anything I could tell you didn't pose them -- that's not a slight on your friend's job: it's more a compliment to your kitbashing/posing skills. Sometimes that can get lost underneath a lovely paintjob. Either way, your friend is very lucky you're lending him your brush skills :smile.:

Thanks man, it is interesting how a lot of the prominent hobbyists on this site have very subtle, but telling, differences in the way they model, sculpt, and pose minis. For instance I know instantly when I'm looking at a mini from Lorenzen vs one that 1000heathens has done, there's just a particular flair that each person brings to their miniatures that I agree can sometimes be lost under a snazzy paint job, so I'm glad my style stands out and thanks for noticing :)

Been browsing through this thread again just now for inspiration for...something, and just wanted to say again you've got a force to be very proud of here. I really like the biker version of Hashec, makes me slightly sad I won't be able to duel him with Arkhan at some point.

Now that would be a photo shoot

Soo...if you won't be writing lore for them, any chance we could convince your friend to post his own instead? :happy.:

I would but he's down in Death Valley right now doing a research project on scorpions or some other crazy-ass desert animal. Perhaps when he returns.

Been browsing through this thread again just now for inspiration for...something, and just wanted to say again you've got a force to be very proud of here. I really like the biker version of Hashec, makes me slightly sad I won't be able to duel him with Arkhan at some point.

Thanks man, and God I wish we could go head to head, that would truly be an epic battle. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, here's the latest update from the XVII Legion; my buddy's Soul Grinder. This was simple stock assembly job on his part and was semi-fun to paint (Highlighting the flesh took fooooooooreeeeevvver). We promptly turned around and used it in a game (unfortunately I didn't take pics this time) where it did pretty damn well and refused to freaking die, even after taking about 10 lascannon shots and 6 multi-melta shots throughout the game, freaking tough! Despite the Soul Grinder's resilience, I still beat my friend 5:3. It was one of our closest games yet with some really awesome moments, however the 15th Company remains undefeated by their cousins in the XVII. Eat your heart out Lorgar :tongue.:

+++++++

Soul Grinder, XVII Legion Affiliation

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/32c33699-88b5-4b2e-92ee-7b1d36e233f4_zps070a1dc0.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/688e431e-7d09-4d43-a2b9-11a0efca10db_zpsc0b4fc69.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/db42b545-04b2-4106-9e70-3caa6758e208_zps8b5a08d1.jpg

He looks great, Heinrcih. That pale flesh with the black lining in the creases looks absolutely stunning. Exceptional work. The only thing I would have really recommended would have been to maybe paint the limbs themselves a different color from the crimson. Is it currently stands, they seem a bit one note. I would say a simple metallic color would be best, but that's just my opinion so take what you will from it, brother. Keep up the excellent work as always.

This may be a silly question, but do you use an airbrush?

Would love to see pics of a Word Bearers/Night Lords conflict at some point. I noticed from some earlier pics in here that your gaming group is blessed with really nice terrain - really inspires me as my gaming circle is tentatively moving towards making a 6x4' or two for our Horus Heresy games at the minute.

The Flesh looks fantastic. How long did it take?

Thanks man, took me about a week to finish, though I don't paint constantly and school has clinched some of my time so all told probably somewhere in the neighborhood of about 8 hours (really rough estimate given the amount of procrastination I engage in).

really nicely done brother, like the tones it has a nice contrast to it, on a side note, when are you doing some black legion?

Haha thanks man, no Black Legion on the horizon for now, though I've always wanted to tackle them...

The fleshy parts are stunning.

Thanks Barabbas

He looks great, Heinrcih. That pale flesh with the black lining in the creases looks absolutely stunning. Exceptional work. The only thing I would have really recommended would have been to maybe paint the limbs themselves a different color from the crimson. Is it currently stands, they seem a bit one note. I would say a simple metallic color would be best, but that's just my opinion so take what you will from it, brother. Keep up the excellent work as always.

Thanks, yeah I probably could have done a boltgun color on the leg insets as well as several other details and additions, however this army is a commission and my friend is getting the family discount for the level of painting I normally do, thus I'm not terribly motivated to go over the top on a model that he didn't even bother cleaning the mold lines on. I've still got 20 daemonettes, 15 cultists, 6 Screamers, and Landraider to paint as well.... *le sigh*

This may be a silly question, but do you use an airbrush?

Would love to see pics of a Word Bearers/Night Lords conflict at some point. I noticed from some earlier pics in here that your gaming group is blessed with really nice terrain - really inspires me as my gaming circle is tentatively moving towards making a 6x4' or two for our Horus Heresy games at the minute.

Yep, frankly I don't know how I used to paint without it. I usually just use it to base-coat the model though, I firmly believe in hand-painting any OSL effects and whatnot, when they're sprayed on it just looks tacky and often unrealistic.

I'll try to get some pictures up from the next game we play, and future ones as our armies move further towards completion, one of the most motivating things in this hobby is seeing two, fully-painted armies duking it out on an awesomely painted battlefield. Hopefully our second gaming mat will be arriving soon so we can start work on our Ice World, which will be an amazing backdrop for some brutal Night Lords on Word Bearers carnage ;)

Thanks, yeah I probably could have done a boltgun color on the leg insets as well as several other details and additions, however this army is a commission and my friend is getting the family discount for the level of painting I normally do, thus I'm not terribly motivated to go over the top on a model that he didn't even bother cleaning the mold lines on. I've still got 20 daemonettes, 15 cultists, 6 Screamers, and Landraider to paint as well.... *le sigh*

Haha I know the feeling brother. I painted an entire 2000 point Nurgle army for a friend for less than $150..... Never again.

Haha I know the feeling brother. I painted an entire 2000 point Nurgle army for a friend for less than $150..... Never again.

lol I say that every freaking day. I'm getting $300 bucks for this hellish experience, my friend is lucky we served together lol.

That's a very good price for what is turning out to be an wickedly painted army, Brother Heinrich. It looks stunning. Tell your friend he needs to remove mouldlines or the price goes up :wink.:  I know how you feel about painting for cheaps. I once built and painted two warhounds and a reaver for a friend in exchange for a fresh warhound sans weapons - only to have the friend sell the warhounds a year later for 1400 euros. Gruelling.

• 4 weeks later...

Well everyone, it's that time again. Here begins the chronicle of my vow for ETL III:

I Brother Heinrich, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines - 1x Chaos Landraider, 15x Cultists, and 1x Chaos Contemptor, and from Codex: Chaos Daemons - 1x Herald of Slaanesh, 6x Screamers of Tzeentch, and 20x Daemonettes of Slaanesh for a total value of 997 Points on or before August 1st, 2014. Success shall bring eternal glory to the Holy Pantheon of Chaos, while failure shall doom me to wear the Badge of Shame until year's end.

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

Chaos Landraider
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/ETL%20III/10178336_10152784565288761_1982349576_n_zps13abb090.jpg

Cultists (15)
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/ETL%20III/10253228_10152784565293761_2043337591_n_zps5937a58c.jpg

Screamers of Tzeentch (6)
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/ETL%20III/10261671_10152784565298761_1644866703_n-1_zpsd1826445.jpg

The fist 10 Daemonettes
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/ETL%20III/10264745_10152784570023761_1524274220_n_zps631b9cb6.jpg

+++++++

I still have to put the finishing touches on the Contemptor (He's part of my personal army, thus he gets the royal treatment) and my buddy has to assemble the last 10 daemonettes and the Herald. I should have pictures of them up by next week. I should have the first Daemonettes finished here in short order, so expect and update here soon. 

AVE DOMINUS NOX

All was impressive till I spotted your Daemonettes...

Now I need a cold shower and elephant tranquilizers to calm down!!!

Came for the Contemptor, but was sidetracked by the Daemonettes, solves the issues I have with the current batch nicely! (While inflating the cost...but we cant have it all...)