Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Just like that, Heinrich creates the ultimate cult of personality in his company :biggrin.:.

WB_MadMax_Quotes_RiseAshes_02.png

;)

Hashec looks brilliant (-ly insane). Any chance of a scale shot with one of your Claws? Because he does look pretty massive.

Sure thing dude. He's easily the biggest Power Armored guy I've made, and it was totally unintentional as well haha. He's basically True-Scaled. Here he is next to one of my World Eater Sergeants and Vadrek, the next tallest member of 15th Company:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1907_zps3o4tljwe.jpg

And with some of his Night Raptors:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1891_zpsrb3mr43r.jpg

Also I'm debating what to do with his axe. As is it's way to Chaos-y for the Heresy, so I either need to find a new blade, mask the chaos symbol somehow or alter the weapon itself. One option I'm playing with is making it a kind of Blade-Stave/Naginata. Since it's representing his Paragon Blade my options are pretty much endless. Here's a mock-up I did, let me know what you guys think:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1909_zps1tmpmedo.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1912_zpskenkw6mi.jpg

I like the idea of it, since it makes him feel like he'd be this fast, deadly whirl of chainsaw teeth and long-reaching thrusts at critical points, but I wanna feel solid before I go cutting that axe up. Anyways, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

I like the Pole-Axe deal. Maybe add another Sword blade on the other side to make it a Trident-type deal, Keeping the Axe Blade (just fill in the chaos star)

I actually have a question myself. That chainsword he's carrying... Where is it from? It looks different, almost like a scimitar in a slight curvature. Is it possible to get a better picture of it, please? Maybe its just the angle.

Filling in the Chaos star with greenstuff and having the 'jewel' in the centre remain as just that would be the easiest solution. The risk of the naginata-like weapon is that the model loses some of the stature and menace that a big f***-off axe imbues upon the wearer. But it's a lot more individual (and dare I say it, Night Lord-y) than the massive butcher axe. So you gain some/lose some either way in my view. Of course, individuality carries its own stature so the more individual he looks, the more he'll stand out, so perhaps the naginata is the best option after all. Just my two (loyalist) credits :)

"I've heard other soldiers and warriors describe Astartes fighting 'faster than the eye can follow' or 'like a wind of death'. Praetorian Hashec Tor was nothing like that. He was a roaring force of nature, howling at the foe as he dismembered them like a maniac. There was art to the way he fought sure, their had to be given his bizarre choice in weapons. An axe meant for two hands and a chainsword? Who fights like that? I couldn't tell you how he did it, only that it was effective in the most gruesome way imaginable. Given what I've seen I know why we need the Astartes, but Throne, do we need the Night Lords?" 

- Idris Varen, Legate Commander, 667th Solar Auxilia Cohort 

Hashec Tor, Praetorian, 15th Company, VIII Legion Astartes

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1917_zpskn5pmivi.jpg

++++++++

3rd time is the charm right? I swear I'm done now. Just waiting on those damn legion pads to arrive so I can stop fussing over stuff that I should just leave alone. Thanks everyone for your input, I'm gonna keep the axe since it's such a part of Hashec's persona anyways. I also like the Eye idea since I want to start weaving nods to the Warmaster's favor in amongst the 15th Company anyways.

I envision the 15th as kind of black sheep amongst the VIII. They engage in direct orbital strikes and terror tactics like their peers, however they often attack hard points and engage in asymmetric warfare where their peers go for soft targets with less inherent risk. This means they suffer higher casualties of course, but it has caught the eye of the Warmaster and earned the respect of the Sons of Horus, who hold tenacity and ferocious cunning in high esteem. (Starting to see where 'The Hammer of Nostramo' comes from?)

++++++++

I actually have a question myself. That chainsword he's carrying... Where is it from? It looks different, almost like a scimitar in a slight curvature. Is it possible to get a better picture of it, please? Maybe its just the angle.

It's actually a Khorne Berzerker chainsword shaved down and slightly modified:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1921_zps4jondjmm.jpg

Comments and criticism much appreciated as always. Until next time...

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Absolutely love the curved blade of the chainsword. Might have to swipe that if it's alright with you. As for the axe, I think it in and of itself is fine, but the little bit of chaos iconography definitely has to go. You could always go with a wing pattern to cover it up! I also wonder if the posing would look cooler if he was holding the axe up more in a triumphant leader-like pose. I think both arms in the down or at-rest position clashes a little bit with the leg pose, which seems like he's summiting a hill and is overseeing a battlefield, leading his men from the front.

Just an observation, though, keep up the good work! 

Thank you for the scale shot, much appreciated. Was not disappointed at all, in fact I was even more impressed.

He truly does look brutal. If my allegiance wasn't (mostly) to the XVth, I'd follow Hashec into Valhalla anytime.

If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic with Hashec Tor on the walls of Terra!

- Legionary Nux, 15. Company, VIII Legio Astartes.

He looks absolutely badass, Heinrich. A proper Praetor for the forces of the Fifteenth Company.

Edited by The Psycho

Great to see Hashec back in action, brother!

I clocked your Orks on another site, btw. Did that project crash and burn?

Thanks MagicMan, as far as Urmag To-Kuttah and his mob goes, they are on indefinite hiatus until Orks get some decent :cussing rules. 

Lol i feel that, brother. :laugh.:

"If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic with Hashec Tor on the walls of Terra!"

- Legionary Nux, 15. Company, VIII Legio Astartes.

I think I'm gonna Sig this haha

He is absolutely brilliant; paint him. Paint him now!!

Thanks dude, He's next after I get the Raptors and Gevaudas knocked out. Gotta make sure my skills are proper warmed back up before I do him.

Awesome!  Those skulls dangling at his waist...  Where did you get those?!

Thanks man, Ork Nob kit.

++++++++

So finally got some time to sit down and basecoat/block in the metallics on Gevaudas. 

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2005_zpsyxxqfobl.jpg

Also painstakingly ripped the bolters from some of the faithful 15th Company vets so that they may be inducted into the sacred Cult of Choom.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2004_zpssaatxmjp.jpg

Also finally got some added firepower and some proper Legion heraldry.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2009_zpsyhfjkpmg.jpg

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Edited by Brother Heinrich

So as I was sitting there ripping bolters from the hands that had wielded them through countless battlefields, I decided to go back and look through my log at the moments I had first introduced characters such as Vadrek, Shaara Vayne, Einar Black-Knife, Cel Herak, and all the rest... Suffice to say after reading and looking at all the love and time I put into them, I just couldn't bring myself to change them. These are little pieces of not only fictional future-history, but my own as well. Each brutal, psychopathic member of 1st and 2nd Claw was a cathartic release for my real world frustration, anger, and pain in the wake of my time in the Marine Corps. 

Thus I quickly glued the bolters back where they belonged and took a shot of all those first members of 15th Company that I cherish so much. These are not the 15th Company of M.31, though some stood on the walls of Terra that fateful day, these are the face of 15th Company in the twilight of the 41st millennium. These are hardened veterans of thousands of years of conflict and strife. They have watched brothers die in the mud and rain, talons clawing at the skin of the Imperium with their last breath. This is the face of 15th company at the end of days, and so it shall remain...

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2019_zpslvzojgtg.jpg

With that, I put the 15th Company Warband in a drawer where they'll be nice and safe until I have the space and funds for a display case.

++++++++

What does this mean for 15th Company circa M.31?

IT MEANS WE'RE RIDING THE HERESY TRAIN STRAIGHT TO HELL!

We're building this mother-fether from the ground up. Got tweaks I want to do with the paint scheme, new green stuff tricks, and a whole bucket-full of motivation. Gonna be ordering some Mk.4 and Mk.3 Legion armor and really doing the 15th Company the justice a Legion force deserves. I wanna get back to the roots. I want to tell the stories, the triumphs, and the shames of the Marines of 15th Company during the truly dark days of the Heresy.

Thus I give you the first of 18 Executioners to come:

[REDACTED], Designatus: Terror Marine, XV Company, VIII Legion Astartes

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2026_zps8os5xpyv.jpg

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

I was sad when I saw you were ripping apart (part of) your Night Lords. The decision to 'start fresh' so to speak, is a fantastic idea.

I, for one, am happy to see you keeping 1st and 2nd Claw together, untouched and safe.

Best of luck with the new endeavor, looking forwards to seeing your plan come together.

Does this mean you might end up making a "15th Company across the millennium"?

Hah I wish I had the money, patience, and time for that man. No there's pretty much just going to be two incarnations, them at the height of their power in the Heresy, and the version that exists now, the tattered remnants still doggedly clinging to existence and vengeance.