Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Ah well, better off that way. Would be weird to field an army of themselves :tongue.:

"GO! TEAM PARADOX NIGHT LORDS!" *anime intro*

lol exactly.

Never a bad thing to see more murderers from you, dude. This should be special.

Thanks man, and yeah you will see a couple characters return in their "younger" forms, however expect there to be some new vacancies for folks who want to be a little part of the 15th Company's saga.

Ah well, better off that way. Would be weird to field an army of themselves :tongue.:

lol exactly.

Thanks man, and yeah you will see a couple characters return in their "younger" forms, however expect there to be some new vacancies for folks who want to be a little part of the 15th Company's saga.

That is one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard. Not sure if that sort of thing has been done before, but I really like the sound of that.

lol exactly.

That is one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard. Not sure if that sort of thing has been done before, but I really like the sound of that.

I believe someone may have done it before... ;)

I must be a true brother of the Fifteenth, I must, I must!

Ahem. Fanboying aside, I'm glad you're starting fresh. It really would be heresy to desecrate some of the models you've built over the years. I wish you the best of luck as you build the Heresy-era Fifteenth.

Ooh, maybe I could be an actual VIII Legion/Night Lord this time instead of some thinblood from another chapter.

Haha totally man, you've got a slot for sure.

As a long time lurker, I'm boarding the hype train. You inspired me way back in 2013 to start NL and I can't wait to see what you do with 30k.

Awesome! I'm honored dude! 

I could get in on this action if there's room for a little un

But of course!

*sigh of relief* Good decision, Heinrich.

You don't destroy your memories and we get to see more original 15th company marines. A win-win for all! :wink:

Indeed :smile.: Happy I decided to go this route as well.

I must be a true brother of the Fifteenth, I must, I must!

Ahem. Fanboying aside, I'm glad you're starting fresh. It really would be heresy to desecrate some of the models you've built over the years. I wish you the best of luck as you build the Heresy-era Fifteenth.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Reactions/LGbNEsS_zps9rroah2d.gif

++++++++

Just a quick update on Gevaudas this evening. Got all the edge highlights knocked out on the body and washed the metallics. Next is the leather, bone, lightning and blood, then it's on to the base. The scheme for the 30k force is going to be slightly tweaked from my 40k Night Lords, it's still a basecoat of 1:15 VGC Black/VMA French Blue, but then I airbrush a coat of nuln oil to dull it down and darken it slightly, and now for the highlights I'm doing a 1:3 mix VGC Magic Blue/VMA French Blue with some thinner and retarder mixed in. This should bring out the blue tones more and help ease the drastic contrast (slightly) between the edge highlights and the armor color that my 40k dudes had. Also if anyone can point me in the direction of a good tutorial for doing heat discoloration on gun barrels it'd be much appreciated!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2030_zpsurcupkma.jpg

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Edited by Brother Heinrich

I Googled it when I had an attempt on the storm blade and it's a line of each blue, purple, red, and sepia, from tip of the barrel in. I went rogue and did black at the tip and missed the red. Not too hard either if you have the colours in your washes already Edited by helterskelter

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of a good tutorial for doing heat discoloration on gun barrels it'd be much appreciated!

I saw this youtube video posted up a while back over on facebook Games Workshop army painter group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgJIuJ8a_8k

Other way would be useing the shades mix with medium, as helterskelter said.  Check google for heated metal for referance & how far your wanting to taek the effect?

That is the most breathtaking Dread ever!!!! 

Thanks dude!

This thread has been an inspiration - probably the main reason why I got back into the hobby. I am really looking forward to seeing the Heresy Era stuff --- I might need to 'borrow' a few of the upcoming ideas!

Damn man, I'm honored! Borrow away dude :)

Great work as ever, man! Very impressive

Thanks midnight! I might be putting your power weapon technique to use on some of these guys (gotta admit it intimidates me haha)

Can't wait to see Gevaudas finished. Filthy lowblood Nostraman scum.

:wub.:

Haha thanks dude, it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it :devil:

Nice! Excellent highlighting on the Contemptor! Looking forward to seeing him finished :thumbsup:

Thanks Kizz! I'm chomping at the bit for your next Ultras update!

++++++++

Another quick update, got the highlights done and blocked in the bone bits. Slowly but surely I'm getting this dude done (hey this will be my third contemptor ever!).

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2036_zpsoglnoxs6.jpg

I gotta say, I don't normally toot my own horn, but I am INTO this blue scheme. So stoked I tweaked it.

ao0sz.gif

Other than that, I got the power feed hooked up for dude #1's Volkite Charger. After I got a cable maker I can't help but put power feeds on damn near everything. They're just so awesome and they evoke the old gritty Rogue Trader artwork pieces like this one.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2040_zpss9az9o8j.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2042_zpsgnzb5r6i.jpg

Also Miles is back from surgery and recuperating well. He missed the Democratic Debate so I'm getting him caught up on Bernie Sanders being THE MAN.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/12106928_10154280151093761_6926061303509680673_n_zpsuyda7sfg.jpg

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Great work as ever, man! Very impressive

Thanks midnight! I might be putting your power weapon technique to use on some of these guys (gotta admit it intimidates me haha)
Thanks, I am flattered but if I can manage it, somebody of your skill will easily get it bossed! Just remember to keep the whites 'white' as that is what makes them pop, and you are golden :)

Good update again, and happy times with the cat B)

Edited by Midnight Runner

At first I would have thought another power cable would make it cluttered, but the little half size one looks pretty damn cool.

*Edit*

Cat jacket.

Edited by Flint13