Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

The raptor packs look great with mark 3 and I really like the dark blue metallic.

Will the silver become more of a bronze or gold colour? As the steel/ silver  with blue look is more in keeping with the modern Alpha Legion colour schemes.

Solid shade of blue there.

Liking the axes, are they a combination of marauder weapons and standard power weapons? Chainglaive bashed from a halberd and sword too?

So they both used to be power mauls, one from a heresy weapons upgrade pack and the other from the ravenwing plastics, the heads of each are from AoS dwarf axes that have been carved into a little more wicked shape. Chainglaive is a Gray Knight halberd with a shortened Mk.3 chainsword blade (because Mk.3 is the best in everything).

Damn, those cables still look as epic as the first time you did one.

I am curious though: where do they actually feed into on the power armor? Just a random bit of curiosity.

They feed behind the power pack on each marine like so:

HF0QmYm.jpg

The raptor packs look great with mark 3 and I really like the dark blue metallic.

Will the silver become more of a bronze or gold colour? As the steel/ silver  with blue look is more in keeping with the modern Alpha Legion colour schemes.

Thanks, and the silver is getting a wash to darken it down obviously, but I decided to go with silver trim and not go craaaaazy with the trophies to differentiate these guys time period-wise from post-heresy Night Lords. Essentially I feel like the silver trim is a sign of mass production and efficiency, whereas the bronze trim is an affectation that comes later from contact with the pantheon and personal vanity. From an artistic standpoint its really hard to find the right niche with night lords, blue and bronze waver really close to Ultramarines, and now blue and silver toe a little too close to Alpha legion, really what sets Night Lords apart is the lightning iconography, red bat wings, and the tans of flayed skin. Also I wanted to keep to the FW representations of them and they are all shown with silver trim and deep metallic blue armor:

http://img0.reactor.cc/pics/post/Warhammer-40000-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-forge-world-Wh-Books-2904742.jpeg

They're also getting a purple wash in the recesses, it's subtle, but it deepens the blue and keeps it from the greenish tint of Alpha Legion colors. Plus the satin varnish will cut the gloss a little while still retaining a bit of that metallic shine. Final product will look like this:

gJSJt0z.jpg

"They name us traitors, call us monsters, and denounce our actions as if they stand upon a pillar of shining morality. Some of them don't know any better, some of them are willfully ignorant, but I was there at Rangda. I know the truth..." - Ancient Zul Kerek, called 'Woe Bringer', Leviathan Dreadnought of 1st Terror Battalion, 15th Company, VIII Legion Astartes.

AbbLdeR.jpg

++++++++

Some updates from the hobby table:

PwWjmYk.jpg

DyuJV4k.jpg

And a little early teaser of things to come:

ZjVpcyg.jpg

++++++++

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

I love this! And the big bad Batman is showing up too!? Oh yes. The blue you have looks fantastic as well!

Also, what did you use for the rivet/studs on the leviathan?

Thanks man, the studs are just larger grade beads with no holes.

"That is not my name, father. My people gave me a name, and I will bear it until my dying day. And I know full well what you intend for me." - Konrad Curze, called "Night Haunter", Primarch of the VIII Legion Astartes

Lps7R25.jpg

++++++++

Had the day off work so I was able to get papa midnight pretty much done. debating if his base needs anything else or if I should just continue on to paint from here. Any comments or criticisms would be much appreciated, cheers!

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Finished one of the additional armor plates on the Cerastus Acheron tonight. Always hated how the Cerastus Knight Chassis look like they skipped squats at the gym, so I tried to rectify that with some additional armor plating on the thighs. Let me know if you've got any thoughts or criticisms, they are much appreciated. Cheers!

8EDU0no.jpg

++++++++

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Thank you for taking the time to consider your presentation in order to give your images more impact. As someone who takes pride in, and appreciates, the taking of good photos, I recognize that I tend to take clean bright practical images. Your presentation has me thinking that I might want to do more consideration of the tone of an image and change it up sometimes.

To say I have a soft spot for blue would also be an understatement, so it's hard for me not to like what you're up to. I look forward to seeing these little psychopaths come together.

Really loving the look of your new 15th and I'm right there with you about the bare thighs on the Cerastus knights - your fix is looking good.

Thanks man, appreciate it and glad to see you posting again! That SW Rune Priest is already off to a great start.

The Primarch looks great! Besides a little bit of battlefield debris or a loose weapon or limb I think his base is great. No need to clutter it and detract from the Night Haunter.

That’s also great work on the extra armor plating for the knight!

Thanks for the input, haven't shown it yet, but the body underfoot is a little light on limbs on the right side of his body, so rest assured there'll be some 'debris' to add. 

Awesome work bro! I love Kurze and the Leviathan, but the power-cables on the Volkite Chargers are absolutely fantastic!! Really nice work :thumbsup:

Thanks dude!

Thank you for taking the time to consider your presentation in order to give your images more impact. As someone who takes pride in, and appreciates, the taking of good photos, I recognize that I tend to take clean bright practical images. Your presentation has me thinking that I might want to do more consideration of the tone of an image and change it up sometimes.

To say I have a soft spot for blue would also be an understatement, so it's hard for me not to like what you're up to. I look forward to seeing these little psychopaths come together.

Seriously, thanks man. During my hobby hiatus I wound up getting into photography pretty heavily, so when I came back I was excited to present my work the way I always wanted to. I love the darker tones and shadow work and I think my favorite legion influenced my photography in more ways than one haha.

Really want to see that leg in the full context of the Knight, but liking what you're showing so far.

For sure, I've mocked up the armor plates on a few occasions throughout it, trust me I've been paranoid about not going too far over the top. I think you'll like the finished product!

Everything's so good. Just, man, that hair? Those armor plates on the Cerastus? The blue? Primo.

Goddamn, those cables though. I cannot get enough of them, and I need to stop masticating long enough to actually order a tube maker myself.

Thank you, seriously dude! That means a lot and I highly recommend a cable maker!

++++++++

Thank you everyone for all the feedback and kind words, it really helps keep the motivation flowing and forge fires hot! I managed to finish the other leg plate on the Acheron and also repaired the wonky barrels on the Inferno Cannon (I think that's what the weapon is? haven't looked at rules in months).

XfKjlbS.jpg

Ys5rarl.jpg

As for the base it's pretty much finished, but I'd really like to have a wounded marine crawling away from the wreck (inspiartion goes to Poom for his insane Legio Audax Warhound Titan, seriously look it up if you haven't seen it).

BgQ2qZx.jpg

And since I know a few of you are curious about the overall stance, here it is along with the reason I haven't posted a full shot (we're gonna need a bigger lightbox)

QzgtKkR.jpg

On the cables for the Terror Squads, I'm seriously stoked how much y'all enjoy them, they were easily one of the most time consuming parts of this project. I was stoked when I made the first prototype way back when, 24 marines later and I was happy to put the cable maker back in the drawer haha. Seriously though, I always loved the old RT imagery of Space Marines with ray guns and crazy amounts of power cabling and hoses. It's really what I fell in love with about the setting, the grim, industrial, gothic future, somewhere between Bladerunner, Dune, and Terminator. I wanted to convey that in the 15th Company. A formation of grim veterans who fought through some of the most hellish Xenocides of the great crusade, armed with power-hungry, world-scarring, weapons of the utmost potency to aide them in scouring back the shadows of Old Night. This image here is what inspired the whole concept, quote and all:

8bDDtYw.jpg

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Good to hear that the Primarch's base will show off his handiwork. I'm hoping the armor color of the 'debris' is from a legion worthy of being cut to ribbons by the Primarch.

Also, the knight looks great on its base! I've never been super into them but seeing yours makes me want one and I do think a marine crawling away with some bloodied stumps would be pretty sweet. Makes me think of your BA contemptor with its base.

Crawling away... ooorrr, pinned and half crushed under the tank debris?

Ask and ye shall receive:

DmWIS4W.jpg

s44dtoU.jpg

P0sYgbe.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration Subtle Discord. I basically imagined that after the knight wrecked the predator, the commander tried to crawl out the top hatch but didn't make it before the knight crushed him like a roach against the hull of his own tank. Suitably gory short story/paintjob to follow in the days ahead.

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Edited by Brother Heinrich