Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Honor and glory and midnight and terror to the 15th, brother. Their names will live on in vengeance.

That fluff bit was beautiful. My heart swelled with pride in a way that it hasn't for years for the VIII Legion.

A bit bittersweet to hear about the 15th company warband, but it sounds like it was the right choice in a way that the decision you've made has never justified itself to my ears before. Welcome back, man, and welcome back to 30k. As the old anthem used to go...

DigSvw2.gif

Brother H, it's good to see you back. So damned good.

Sounds like the road has been hard and long, but I hope that present circumstances are solid, stable and above all, happy for you.

Really looking forward to where you end up going with this new era of Tor and his murderers in the 15th.

(and, yeah, I totally scoped out that eBay auction within about three seconds of reading your post. Too rich for my blood, sad to say, but definitely worth the price for whoever picks it up in the end)

Is it Christmas already? Man, it's awesome to see you revive this thread, even if you've decided to get rid of a large chunk of your army. Reading through Hashec's appropriate send-off it seems time hasn't dulled your writing skills at all.

Welcome back in the fold of the murderous Eighth. 

Edited by Isengrin

Sad times to see the 40k iteration of the 15th being sold off, but understandable. At least they'll go to a good home and continue to reave across the imperium!

Very exciting to hear of this new project! I really have to credit both you and Augustus for getting me back into the hobby! Perhaps your new Night Lords will inspire me to do some more of my own!

A bittersweet, yet familiar decision!

Your 15th Company have been a huge influence and inspiration to my 47th Company - so much so that I dedicated my Fire Raptor to your army (adn wrote fluff about how my guys stole it from yours, remember). As coincidence would have it, I too have sold all my Night Lords a month ago, for similiar life-reasons. And as I am doing a commission for two Land Raiders and -yes- a second Fire Raptor In Midnight Clad for the buyer, I thought about your blog. I looked it up and Lo and Behold, Borther Heinrich has returned not 24 hours ago. 

Good to have you back, buddy! I'm looking forward to your HH stuff!

Say, Heinrich, did you ever finish Gevaudas?

I reread your 'I'm back'-post just now and focussed on your fluff reasons this time. I was surprised at the time why yuo made the decision to write how Hashec Tor fell to Nurgle, and now I understand: the meta forced you to make a Nurgle Chaos Lord on bike, and you wanted to justify it with the awesome fluff you wrote about it. I understand completely how that sort of eats at you, because it doesn't quite jive with your idea of your army. I think it's the exact same reason why I got fed up with my Night Lords: the meta forcing your chaos army into a strict build, where what you want is complete freedom to use the units you want. Sadly, GW's ways made it impossible to let Chaos players have the cake and eat it at the same time. I'm very new to 8th edition and I hope this time around they got it better. Looks like you chose the Horus Heresy route, where balance is more of a thing. I wish you well and look forward to your new models!

- hopefully you saved Gevaudas to use in the HH setting!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Despite you having sold them, I really loved your 15th company, I remember lurking in this thread before I made an account.
They were, and still are an inspiration for my own Night Lords.

I wish you good luck in your future ventures for I'm sure your new models will be as awesome as the old ones

• 2 weeks later...

"Death walks. Doom Follows." - Customary greeting and return among members of indentured Knight House Vernax

Aimh9t7.jpg

++++++++

Little bit of a teaser for you all since I love you so much. Anyways I'm headed down to Mexico for a week tomorrow, should be a rad time and a much needed break from life and the ins and outs of regular life (not that it hasn't been full of rad adventures, but travel often brings a lot of perspective I've found). That said I'm looking forward to getting back as well and hitting it hard and heavy with this army. I want it game ready by the middle of Feb for an Istvaan V event we're doing here so I'm gonna light the fires to be sure. 

On a different note I'm cancelling the sale of my Night Lord army for the time being since I won't be able to ship it while I'm away. As such I'm thinking about re-listing it, but making individual units available for sale. Feel free to let me know what you all think about that in the comments or via PM, as honestly I'd love for the 15th to be scattered to the 4 winds among this supportive and amazing community.

Take care for now, and as always...

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

++++++++

One of the Greats is back.

Seems life has been challenging for the past 2 years or so.. I hope it goes a bit easier on you :smile.:

Good to see you posting again, and if that picture is anything to by by, then we are all in for a heck of a ride

Yeah it's life, we're all stuck on the ocean, there's just calm moments and storms, and you have to keep going through both. Thanks for the support, this community rules.

You know, if you ever consider adding some support/maintenance/recovery elements to your force, I'm sure Atrum Laboris would be pleased to offer the services of one of their more talented tech smiths to your cause. Indeed, Mechanicus Crimmins'Thoth is currently off-world and could be easily directed to aid your cause. Please feel free to consider him at your future disposal, should his talents suit your needs.

For sure dude, I appreciate it immensely!

Honor and glory and midnight and terror to the 15th, brother. Their names will live on in vengeance.

That fluff bit was beautiful. My heart swelled with pride in a way that it hasn't for years for the VIII Legion.

A bit bittersweet to hear about the 15th company warband, but it sounds like it was the right choice in a way that the decision you've made has never justified itself to my ears before. Welcome back, man, and welcome back to 30k. As the old anthem used to go...

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. The heresy has always been where my heart truly belongs. Everything has so much more feeling and emotion behind it. Its just all more... raw.

Damnnnn!!

I'm looking forward to this!! Beautiful writing and I can't wait to see some more minis :thumbsup:

Thanks brother, and I appreciate all the paint scheme help on the side!

Oh jeez. That's very emotional, your threads were and are big inspirations for my 42nd company, man. 

That's awesome to hear, thanks for the support.

Brother H, it's good to see you back. So damned good.

Sounds like the road has been hard and long, but I hope that present circumstances are solid, stable and above all, happy for you.

Really looking forward to where you end up going with this new era of Tor and his murderers in the 15th.

(and, yeah, I totally scoped out that eBay auction within about three seconds of reading your post. Too rich for my blood, sad to say, but definitely worth the price for whoever picks it up in the end)

Yeah its getting better each day, and glad to be back for sure!

Is it Christmas already? Man, it's awesome to see you revive this thread, even if you've decided to get rid of a large chunk of your army. Reading through Hashec's appropriate send-off it seems time hasn't dulled your writing skills at all.

Welcome back in the fold of the murderous Eighth. 

Thanks dude, I appreciate it, haven't wrote fiction in a minute so I'm glad its well-received.

Sad times to see the 40k iteration of the 15th being sold off, but understandable. At least they'll go to a good home and continue to reave across the imperium!

Very exciting to hear of this new project! I really have to credit both you and Augustus for getting me back into the hobby! Perhaps your new Night Lords will inspire me to do some more of my own!

Thats awesome and I'm honored, I'd love to see your take on Night Lords!

A bittersweet, yet familiar decision!

Your 15th Company have been a huge influence and inspiration to my 47th Company - so much so that I dedicated my Fire Raptor to your army (adn wrote fluff about how my guys stole it from yours, remember). As coincidence would have it, I too have sold all my Night Lords a month ago, for similiar life-reasons. And as I am doing a commission for two Land Raiders and -yes- a second Fire Raptor In Midnight Clad for the buyer, I thought about your blog. I looked it up and Lo and Behold, Borther Heinrich has returned not 24 hours ago. 

Good to have you back, buddy! I'm looking forward to your HH stuff!

Haha serendipitous indeed my old friend, glad to be back!

Bummed to see them go but happy to see you back and excited for whatever you craft!

For sure, and thanks for the support!

It’s always tough to let go of a project you’ve invested so much into. I am looking forward to seeing your Heresy era take on them though. Good luck with the sale and feel free to message me if you need any supplies for your new venture.

Definitely, the support is much appreciated!

Sounds like you've had quite the journey and have many stories to tell.

Looking forward the the results.

This thread and your army is Legendary, you contribution to the cause  immearsurable.

Thank you, seriously, I honestly don't know what to say. I'm glad I can inspire others and add what little I can to this hobby and community. 

Say, Heinrich, did you ever finish Gevaudas?

I reread your 'I'm back'-post just now and focussed on your fluff reasons this time. I was surprised at the time why yuo made the decision to write how Hashec Tor fell to Nurgle, and now I understand: the meta forced you to make a Nurgle Chaos Lord on bike, and you wanted to justify it with the awesome fluff you wrote about it. I understand completely how that sort of eats at you, because it doesn't quite jive with your idea of your army. I think it's the exact same reason why I got fed up with my Night Lords: the meta forcing your chaos army into a strict build, where what you want is complete freedom to use the units you want. Sadly, GW's ways made it impossible to let Chaos players have the cake and eat it at the same time. I'm very new to 8th edition and I hope this time around they got it better. Looks like you chose the Horus Heresy route, where balance is more of a thing. I wish you well and look forward to your new models!

- hopefully you saved Gevaudas to use in the HH setting!

Agreed man, you get it for sure. And don't worry, there's a reason both him and Terminator Hashec were mysteriously absent from the Ebay listing haha.

Despite you having sold them, I really loved your 15th company, I remember lurking in this thread before I made an account.
They were, and still are an inspiration for my own Night Lords.

I wish you good luck in your future ventures for I'm sure your new models will be as awesome as the old ones

That's awesome to hear, glad I could inspire you in some small way dude.

Edited by Brother Heinrich

I would advise against breaking the army up for sure. You'll get a far better price for them as a whole and you only have to deal with comms with buyers and shipping once. I would also not list it on eBay, but more on Facebook pages, especially Night Lords pages like this one. There will absolutely be people willing to buy them as a whole.  I sold my army there in parts and I was super happy that after sellig a couple units here and there, there were two buyers who bought everything at once.

I get the romantic idea of your army being scattered all over the world, but the end result is the same: they're gone and you'll never see them again. Might as well make the separation easy for yourself and I'll tell you seeing their numbers dwindle only causes pain!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I agree with Augustus; he is most wise in these matters. I would hold on and try to move it all at once, the receiver will be happy to have the whole collection together, and it will cause less hassle and trauma if you only need to go through the process once.

Just my 2 cents though!

• 1 month later...

+++ref.VIII1-15/excommunicate[traitoris]+++

+++accessing+record+++

+++

+++
+++
+++access+granted+++

001.M31

Though not the idyllic posting that many among my order dreamt of, I was nonetheless resolved to do my duty to humanity and the Imperium. Despite their vicious reputation, the VIII Legion is an effective and necessary blade among the Emperor's arsenal. Cataloguing and recording their triumphs for the benefit of mankind shall be my sole purpose for the duration of my stay with the "Sons of the Sunless World". I look forward to learning the truth behind the rumors of this most notorious of our mighty Legionnes Astartes. 

Addendum: Personal note - Members of Legion appear to despise personal pict captures. I fear I may have underestimated my new hosts...

+++record+ends+++
+++file[holopict]attached+++
+++accessing+++
+++

+++
+++
+++access+granted+++

+++ 

7q1uAZm.jpg?1

+++

I'm not dead! Life has just been crazy, as usual. Potential move to a new town here soon, but nonetheless I've pretty much managed to build the whole army and basecoat them all. If you can't tell by the thematic grainy picture this whole force is gonna be metallic midnight blue (shoutout to Kizzdougs for all the help behind the scenes figuring out the recipe!). Really cranking and trying to have the force ready for a local Istvaan campaign day up here, so wish me luck. Until next time...

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

AL1Hfvn.jpg

Got the trim and silver all blocked in on the assault squad, I'll get some close-ups later on once I make a proper light box, but all of them are true WYSIWYG with every Marine carrying a meltabomb strapped to his lower back. the 15th company, 1st Terror Battalion are a bunch of old hardasses forged in the fires of some of the nastiest xenocides during the Great Crusade. As such they are one of the few legions that deploys Assault Marines equipped with Mk.III war plate. To compensate for the extra mass they are equipped with an experimental jetpack variant that saw extensive use with VIII Legion Night Raptor cohorts during the great crusade and days of the Heresy. More to come soon!

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

HOT DIGGITY!

Very happy to see new life in the the NL as we see the 15th in the glory days! So we have a knight, vulkites, and assault marines? And in metallic blue? Definitely excited to see more and hope these hardasses cut a swathe through the loyalists on Istvaan.