Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Well, whatever you do, don't dismantle Terminator Hashec (or take his head off)! I implore you! ;)

I know what you're talking about: There is indeed such a thing for an army as being so fluffy that it ends up less effective than it could be. But while I understand your frustration at Hashec being killed time and time again, I can safely say that for me, when all is said and done, having a cool model/character always beats getting anything done on the table, hands down. But that's also because the game proper has never really been *that* important to me.

If I were you, I'd keep Terminator Hashec Tor and make this new guy a lieutenant, as I said, leading the "away team" every now and then, so to speak. The "living corpse" thing sounds like there's a cool background story to be told there, and one that suffices for an all new character instead of a re-envisioned Hashec Tor, but like I said, it's ultimately your call  -- although I feel like we're kind of like in the same boat, with my own supreme Chaos Lord also in Terminator armour. Here's the thing, though: Now that I've finally managed to assemble a model for Lord Captain Lorimar, there's no way I'll ever rebuild him for rules reasons ;)

Would it make much sense to have the new guy on the bike who's much more killy the second in command though? No self-respecting legion would follow the guy who they have to drag off the field after the battle's done over the guy who kills whole squads ;)

Well, whatever you do, don't dismantle Terminator Hashec (or take his head off)! I implore you! :wink:

I know what you're talking about: There is indeed such a thing for an army as being so fluffy that it ends up less effective than it could be. But while I understand your frustration at Hashec being killed time and time again, I can safely say that for me, when all is said and done, having a cool model/character always beats getting anything done on the table, hands down. But that's also because the game proper has never really been *that* important to me.

If I were you, I'd keep Terminator Hashec Tor and make this new guy a lieutenant, as I said, leading the "away team" every now and then, so to speak. The "living corpse" thing sounds like there's a cool background story to be told there, and one that suffices for an all new character instead of a re-envisioned Hashec Tor, but like I said, it's ultimately your call  -- although I feel like we're kind of like in the same boat, with my own supreme Chaos Lord also in Terminator armour. Here's the thing, though: Now that I've finally managed to assemble a model for Lord Captain Lorimar, there's no way I'll ever rebuild him for rules reasons :wink:

Oh not to worry, Terminator Hashec will always remain sacred and inviolate, he is actually the first Terminator Chaos lord I've ever built if you can believe that, the previous edition I ran a Demon prince. I may tweak the planned storyline I had for him or rather make it so that he basically has different options for armor, not that he completely leaves his terminator side behind. After all there are some zone mortalis games coming up in the campaign and bikes have no place in ship boarding actions. I really am in love with the new Hashec though for more than just a good ruleset, I think he hits closer to home with the quintessential Night Lords tactics of swift attack, fear, and shock. Bikes are loud, fast, and when they are ridden by 8 foot sociopathic monsters that call hell home, well... you get the picture. Also I just went on ebay and ordered another one of the mace chosen models so hopefully by the end of this week I can mock up a new head using his old face.

Would it make much sense to have the new guy on the bike who's much more killy the second in command though? No self-respecting legion would follow the guy who they have to drag off the field after the battle's done over the guy who kills whole squads :wink:

My thoughts exactly lol, no self respecting Night Lord is going to follow the guy who keeps getting wrecked in every battle, let alone healing him and patching up his armor. That war-plate is freaking NICE, you're a fool if you don't think they'd rob Hashec blind and leave him for dead if they got the chance lol.

Would it make much sense to have the new guy on the bike who's much more killy the second in command though? No self-respecting legion would follow the guy who they have to drag off the field after the battle's done over the guy who kills whole squads :wink:

My thoughts exactly lol, no self respecting Night Lord is going to follow the guy who keeps getting wrecked in every battle, let alone healing him and patching up his armor. That war-plate is freaking NICE, you're a fool if you don't think they'd rob Hashec blind and leave him for dead if they got the chance lol.

I know I would. Good bye Second Claw, Hello Atramentar. No! Bad Jaspcat! I'm in charge now!

Ah, we are a shifty lot, shivving a terminator when he's down... But! Hashec is badass in both terminator and bike form. Maybe that's why he's in command? He can assert dominance over both the Atramentar terminators *and* the bike riding Carnivores because he's skilled at both forms of warfare. I'll agree that bikes do well to personify the ideals of the eighth legion, but to me, terminators are every bit as Nightlordy. An invincible adamantium giant materializes with a thunderclap to wreak plasma havoc among the populace? Check. 

I know I would. Good bye Second Claw, Hello Atramentar. No! Bad Jaspcat! I'm in charge now!

You will never be rid of me and my mind meld abilities

Mwahaha!

I know how you feel man. A whole army of blood, sweat, and tears converted monsters that share the same stats and rules as potentially unpainted, or haphazardly rushed fugly basic CSM's. It burns inside when they die in droves and don't live up to everything you've believed them to be capable of. It's something of a curse that's gotten the better of me. If i knew the answer i'd share it, although you may have made leaps and bounds in that department ahead of me already. 

I like the new bike, and think you're onto something with the way he plays and his duality in plate, and in the saddle. 

Chaos Landraider: Complete

Well ladies and gents, the day is finally here and my journey has come full circle. Last October I started a small Night Lords force that for various reasons I was unable to complete by the end of the Call of Chaos V. Since then I have worn the mark of the fallen and born my shame across the stars. Today the 15th Company expunges that black mark, today I take my place amongst the chosen of the Gods. I have fulfilled my vow, now I go forth to drown the galaxy in an ocean of blood, for our father, for vengeance, and for hatred eternal!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1c6e09d4-68c7-4f39-b8af-675c9d314753_zpsb2a46295.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/f1873fe4-1a8e-4557-9775-1f2be4c159f1_zpsb79a944f.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/0174606b-eb21-4144-90f8-1d0c0c754a2c_zpscb7d4a35.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/372f3abf-4d19-4732-9af1-4d3e4c896b63_zps3470e135.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/e003a1ff-988f-4994-810c-7dc6655f2590_zpsaa06ddfb.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/f8c3919e-f1b5-43a1-bef8-052456521939_zpsea033294.jpg

VOW COMPLETE!!! 

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/3a5699df-e8ca-4412-bda4-224555d1188a_zps13e03ace.jpg

++AVE DOMINUS NOX++

Edited by Brother Heinrich

Super pretty. Bet it feels super satisfying to see them all put together.

Also, on that last pic... I think I can see your backdrop's armpit. 

Just sayin...

That last pic is perfect.

Congrats on completing your vow.

Thanks brother, I freaking killed myself these past two days pulling it off. Severe back pain inbound.

An awesome force, very nicely done.

Thanks man.

Super pretty. Bet it feels super satisfying to see them all put together.

Also, on that last pic... I think I can see your backdrop's armpit. 

Just sayin...

It feels good in the void where my soul used to be. My back however is far from sharing in the warm feelings of victory.

It's perfect and my LR is finally finished :smile.:

I want a full army shot termies and all

Heinrich you are a god

Thought you'd be happy about that brother. I'll see what I can do about a full army shot this weekend.

I've been following your work almost from the start but never really comented before. Let me just say that you are an inspiration for all the followers of the Night Haunter and his warriors in midnight clad. The group shot looks terrific and the biker lord looks real menacing.

Oh and congrats on your vow completion.

Amazing force of Night Lords! I like the flayed skin on the door of the land raider, a very creative way of telling which legion it belongs to without resorting to heavy ornaments of gold (looking at you bling-bling legions/chapters). The freehand on the front is just beautiful.

Edited by Barabbas Sogalon

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/3a5699df-e8ca-4412-bda4-224555d1188a_zps13e03ace.jpg

++AVE DOMINUS NOX++

That is really, really impressive work! :thumbsup:  Night Lords armies really bring out the best in painters :cool.:

Oh, and I forgot to mention...

The Reaper: Hashec Tor Reborn

Under emerald skies the warrior will fall,

His rage forever quenched.

The kiss of the sun shall break him.

The shadow of death shall cover him.

In darkness, a traveller he will meet,

His guide along the path.

In hatred he shall be armored.

With vengeance he shall be armed.

Seven times the bell will toll,

A call to those beyond.

The great father shall laugh anew

and death shall ride again…

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/a71855b0-35b5-4d53-baac-6673b90df06c_zps37af943b.jpg

This guy gives my Legion of Taurus serious horn envy! :P :D  Great conversion!

Edited by firestorm40k

Congrats on the MoC completion!! Chaos doesn't give a :cuss about deadlines, only dead lines... *rim-shot*

The Landraider looks great, I especially like the way the lightning seems to radiate down. The top view is really great!!

End of Line