Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Seriously everyone. Thank you. I'm so grateful for all the positive thoughts and I'm stoked to have so much support for this project. I'll try to keep the updates semi-regular, but you know how life goes haha. I think I'm gonna try and magnetize Hashec's Jump Pack tonight and give him a regular power plant option for boarding operations.

Could you please tell me what bits you used for the Contemptor DCCW? How much wider is the diameter of the Comtemptor arm than the venerable dread arm?

It's just Grukk Face-Rippa's Power Klaw with a Nob shoulder plate attached to the right side and the Contemptor heavy flamer nozzle and some plastic sprue attached to the left. As far as dimensions I believe they are the same as I've seen people use the Furioso Blood Talons for conversion pieces on contemptors.

Anyways, here's a final shot of Gevaudas before I basecoat him:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1856_zpsopqwitlz.jpg

and couple I snagged of 1st and 2nd Claw, just for fun. Both Sergeants are gonna be receiving Chainglaives in the near future and if I can find the bits I'm going to replace the renegade members of each claw for "historical" accuracy.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1861_zpsiic9j4qo.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1866_zpskwsijqxr.jpg

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Hmm, you may call me crazy of course, but seeing how this thread always seems to be about background as much as about the actual models, I'll still point it out:

The new biker lord is a great conversion, and I suppose he makes a lot of sense from a gameplay perspective. But having seen Hashec Tor in his terminator incarnation, I'll just go ahead and say that this guy just can't compare. Is he a great model and an impressive chaos lord? Indubitably. But he's no Hashec Tor. At least that's how it seems to me.

Now I do of course realise that I cannot tell you who and what is or isn't Hashec Tor, since the character is yours. As is the army. But why not have this guy be one of his lieutenants (or, indeed, his second in command?), leading warbands of the 15th in his absence? That way, you get to create yet another impressive character (which is a win for us all).

It's your call, of course, but I just wanted to point this out, since I consider myself a huge fan of this army! And, in any case, amazing work!

I've been thinking about that as well, what if I swap out the head for the same one that Hashec currently has in terminator armor? It would probably help the continuity of the character while still looking badass. My plan had been to paint the face inside the helmet like bone as if he was a walking corpse that shouldn't be, but I can also see the value of preserving the essence of the original.

Also as much as I love terminator Hashec, it gets depressing seeing a model I spent months perfecting get gunned down every. single. game. Force weapons, meltaguns, missile launchers, lascannons, powerfists... Everyone I game with is so scared of him that he never gets to be his badass self and I hate that with a vengeance. I could really care less if the claws get wiped out, the weapons teams get murdered and even the Atramentar get blown to bits (sorry everyone, but YOU chose to be part of the 15th, no one said it'd be easy street :wink: ) but I just want my chaos lord to be that one indomitable character you see in the fluff. A towering menace thats harder to kill than a T-1000. 

Maybe its my curse for trying to make the tabeltop live up to my fluff expectations, but hey I don't think most of us would play chaos if it weren't for that hopeless line of thinking. In the novels (the good ones anyway) we are absolute badasses, we model our armies thinking that, and go to the table with that mindset as well. Unfortunately thats where GW has it's revenge and all of our awesome-ness gets crumpled up like paper and we die in droves.

Hence why I rebuilt him better, faster, and stronger. His first demo game he killed three squads of Doom Eagles, THREE. Two assault and one tactical. That is more than Hashec has done in his entire freaking life on the tabletop. I love generating that fear on the tabletop, not to where people don't want to face me, but to where you take a build that isn't optimized for competitive play (no heldrakes, no plague marines, no demon allies) and still give them a horrendous thrashing that makes them go, "wait, isn't chaos supposed to be a weak codex?" No matter how much they emasculate our armies, I refuse to just bend over and take it, I'm bringing fear back brother, and it rides a midnight horse made of steel.

hallelujah.....

Could you please tell me what bits you used for the Contemptor DCCW? How much wider is the diameter of the Comtemptor arm than the venerable dread arm?

It's just Grukk Face-Rippa's Power Klaw with a Nob shoulder plate attached to the right side and the Contemptor heavy flamer nozzle and some plastic sprue attached to the left. As far as dimensions I believe they are the same as I've seen people use the Furioso Blood Talons for conversion pieces on contemptors.

Why. Why. Why does the awesome Dreadnought weapon that I was going to rip off from you have to be converted from a limited edition model that I don't have and is selling for more than I can afford on eBay. 

Ah, c'est la vie. Your rank-and-file are still the best around, anyways. Some things never change...

EDIT: Are you going to do the same models-named-by-the-community you did a while back with these new models? 'Cause I would certainly not mind being a member of the 15th, at least in spirit.

Edited by The Psycho

I just trekked through all 61 pages of this thread, being sure to read all the fluff blurbs and really look at all the models, and I am super glad that I did. Some of the best Night Lords I've seen. They've all got so much character and love put into them. It really exemplifies what I love about this hobby. Can't wait to see more.

"He was massive, even for an Astartes. An apex predator built to kill. Everything, from his long raven mane to the snarling rebreather mask that hid his face, exuded a sheer menace only surpassed by that of his Primarch. His Marines called him 'The Hammer of Nostramo'. Having laid eyes upon him though, I can say they should have called him the Lion. Simply put, he was the most terrifying thing I had ever seen. It is my personal belief that Praetorian Hashec Tor and the XV Company were sent to the furthest and most dangerous edges of the Crusade because they were extremely deadly not only to xenos breeds, but their erstwhile brothers as well. In hindsight I cannot help but wonder how we ever thought to build the Imperium with men such as these."

- Former Remembrancer Johannes Nero (Into the Night: A Chronicle of the XV Company, VIII Legiones Astartes) 

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_1892_zps4ml6lsri.jpg

++++++++

So yeah, I sat down to paint a drop pod, but Hashec was just staring at me from the desk feeling very... Mediocre... and I couldn't just let that slide. So I went down the rabbit hole and repositioned and added some bits as well as completely re-doing the hair (Left shoulder is a stand-in until the legion pads arrive). Suffice to say, 5 hours later and you have the above product. (BCK and Hyenadae know my pain).

Anyways, hope you guys like him, I know I do. Some of you may lament the loss of the lightning claw, however I've always liked when heroic badasses use a simple, nondescript chainsword to get their killing done. There's just something about the understated deadliness of a Chapter Master-level officer going, "Yeah I know it's a Sergeant's weapon, I'm still going to kill you with it." 

Probably why I like Raldoron so much.

++++++++

As for your questions/comments:

Will us lucky few of the Terminator Squad be replaced to Cataphactrii suits

I know my Bloody bastard would look equally brutal

Not Cataphractii per se... 

EDIT: Are you going to do the same models-named-by-the-community you did a while back with these new models? 'Cause I would certainly not mind being a member of the 15th, at least in spirit.

This. Yes.

War calls, will you answer...? 

Wow, Heinrich, you came back with a bang. New stuff all looks great, looking forward to seeing Hashec and the Night Raptors painted up.

Thanks man,  you still working on your positively titanic Word Bearers force?

I just trekked through all 61 pages of this thread, being sure to read all the fluff blurbs and really look at all the models, and I am super glad that I did. Some of the best Night Lords I've seen. They've all got so much character and love put into them. It really exemplifies what I love about this hobby. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks dude, glad you enjoy them!

++++++++

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

This. Yes.

YESSS!!!

Hashec Tor looks still looks awesome. I completely agree with you about the chainsword decision, it's just such a brutal weapon.

That's the waaaghboss from Storm Claw, right?

This. Yes.

Just one moment brother...

giphy.gif

In the name of Immortan Tor, I answer the call! Ave Dominus Nox!

Tor looks every bit as terrifying as you'd hoped brother. Well done on another excellent model. 

Thanks dude, glad he worked out.

Hashec Tor looks still looks awesome. I completely agree with you about the chainsword decision, it's just such a brutal weapon.

Thanks, I really felt that as far as terror goes hearing a chainsaw rev is pretty terrifying.

Yeah, he looks massive!! A+ work as always.

Now I want to paint/build some VIII Legion... :tongue.:

Thanks man, I'd love to see your take on the VIII, though I'm afraid you might blast me out of the water haha.

Tor looks awesome buddy. Love the nod to Immortan :thumbsup:

Thanks, he shall ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

Tartaros or is it custom mki terminator plate?

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/dr_riversong/tumblr%20gifs/tumblr_llubrkXgMM1qf47qr.gif

I love the moody shot of the two claws, brilliant work.

Thanks man.

That's the waaaghboss from Storm Claw, right?

Yessir.

Hashec is phenomenal, great work. He looks a dozen times better in this upgraded incarnation. The sheer size is a really good touch.

Thanks brother, I wish I could lock horns with your Ultras ;)

Great to see Hashec back in action, brother!

I clocked your Orks on another site, btw. Did that project crash and burn?

Thanks MagicMan, as far as Urmag To-Kuttah and his mob goes, they are on indefinite hiatus until Orks get some decent :cussing rules. 

Stop making him awesomer. It's getting silly.

Haha thanks homegirl.

This. Yes.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nqj8lb2QiJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif

This. Yes.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nqj8lb2QiJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif

He looked at Me! He looked right at me! He turned his head and looked me straight in the eye!

giphy.gif

I am awaited! I AM AWAITED IN NOSTROMO!

giphy.gif

AVE DOMINUS NOX!

(That's enough silliness for now, before the Mods smack me with the Banhammer for going off-topic. Thanks Heinrich, that made my day! :wink: )