Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Alright everyone, I've updated the overall list of recruits and I've annotated those who've requested positions on the list roster. I PM'd all of you back either confirming your slot or requesting other choices in the event it was already filled by someone first. Tomorrow or Thursday I'll update the names you guys have sent me. Busy week as usual, but the 15th knows no rest...

Alright for those of you who sent me names, I've added them to the roster. Let me know if I missed anyone. Also if you have some particular character traits or background, run them by me and I'll see if I can work them into the fluff for your character and the 15th Company.

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Heinrich, Tyrannicide and I have been working extensively on adding the spacers to our models, but we are still running into some serious gaps and misalignment issues. Is there any way you might be able to provide a step by step, in detail tutorial on how you add your spacers?

Heinrich, Tyrannicide and I have been working extensively on adding the spacers to our models, but we are still running into some serious gaps and misalignment issues. Is there any way you might be able to provide a step by step, in detail tutorial on how you add your spacers?

Didn't he do one in Fury and Zeal? On my mobile, so can't link it, but I know it's there.

Right here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303762-fury-zeal-descent-of-angels-pg11/?p=3987885

That was the tutorial we initially used but we've still run into the same troubles with gaps and alignment.

Hmmm, PM pics with some of the difficulties you guys are having and I'll try to help you sort them. Afraid I can't get any more step-by-step than the way I did it save for doing a video of my work (which I might be able to do if I can find a tripod). The alignment can be tricky as you have to do a little bit of dry-fitting to make sure you've got the angle you want. Even then my legs are never 100% accurate to the original angles and I have to do a bit of shaving to make them flush again.

++++++++

As for updates on the 15th Company, life has been busy as usual so I haven't gotten a whole lot of paint stuff done. However I did manage to get the maimed Astartes on Gevaudas' base colored. I'm sure you guys can guess the legion he belongs to and what this may mean for the future story of the 15th...

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20III/IMG_2334_zpsawjoj32n.jpg

Also thanks everyone who's been supplying me with names and backstories, I've PM'd most of you back to hash out the details and so far it's fitting together to make a really excellent saga. (Some are even 40k warlords who got their humble start in the ranks of the 15th Company!) Only a few slots left for those who want a slice of this pie, they are open to all :)

Until next time...

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If there is still room, you have one more recruit for the 15th company.

Edit:

If every thing is up to date, I would either be a tank driver or terror cadre member, correct?

Edited by Captain Nameless

• 1 year later...
Posted · Hidden by Bryan Blaire, August 1, 2017 - Threadomancy
Hidden by Bryan Blaire, August 1, 2017 - Threadomancy

What is the fate of this project? was it moved somewhere else? I would love to see the end game of those paint job you were working on there

• 4 months later...

The heavens burned.

Warning klaxons echoed across the bridge, overlapping one another in a deafening crescendo. The command deck was bathed in crimson emergency lighting that flickered and failed more frequently with each passing second. The few strategium consoles that still functioned scrawled out an endless catalogue of damage reports and system failures.

He didn’t need to read them. He knew what they spelled out.

The Sins of the Father was dying. Raging infernos consumed the few decks not blown open to the hard vacuum of the void. Multiple quakes jarred the ancient adamantine bones of the battle cruiser as munitions detonated on the weapons decks. The ship, like it’s master, refused to die easily. It burned along with hundreds of others vessels, a monolithic torch that lit the skies above the cradle of mankind.

Earth, Holy Terra, The birthplace of Humanity.

Hashec Tor, Warlord-Captain of the Night Lords 15th Company, gazed out across the shattered bridge with his one remaining eye and smiled. Against all odds they had done it. That bastard Abaddon had lead them back to the skies above the Imperial Palace to rain vengeance upon the world that had defied them ten thousand years ago. The Black Crusade that brought them here was to be their end. That the 15th was shattered or dead meant nothing to him. Though the Sins of the Father had been all but destroyed and he would never live to set foot on the Throneworld again, he was at peace.

It was the end of all things. There would be no retreat this time. No running from this fight. They would not spend another ten millennia confined to hellish prison of their own shame self-pity. They would fight and die, and the future of humanity would be decided here in the place it was birthed. A laugh wheezed from his pierced lungs and bright blood sheeted down his breastplate.

“We have come for you.”

Terra’s gravity well had ahold of the battle cruiser now, slowly dragging it down through the atmosphere where it would blaze through the sky on its final journey. Hashec was no longer paying attention. Distant memories vied with his waking consciousness. Visions of an age long past. When they had been mighty, when the Sins of the Father had run proud and strong, when they stood shoulder to shoulder with the pure blood of old Terra and shrouded Nostramo in their veins.

The 15th of the 41st millennium a company in name only, but once they had been 15th Company, 1st Terror Battalion of the VIIIth Legion. They had brought worlds into compliance through fear and brutality. They had slain their loyalist brothers on the fields of Istvaan V and fought tooth and nail through the fires of the Horus Heresy. They had brought war to Ancient Terra and stood, bloodied fists to the sky, on the walls of the Imperial Palace itself.

Those had been the days of true pride. When he bore the crest of a centurion and the War-Kanabo of the Sicarii Cadre. His eyes saw the bridge as it once was, bathed in shadow, hung with the grisly trophies of foes conquered and wars waged. Proud Legion banners draped from the vaulted ceilings depicting the winged skull of Nostramo. The busy hum of loyal serfs and servitors filled the bridge as Claw sergeants and Legion officers oversaw the operation of the magnificent warship. Reports and questions were exchanged, vox-communiqués and strategic data streamed in and out, as the Sins of the Father made ready for it’s greatest fight yet. Terra. Throne of the Emperor of Mankind.

Hashec flashed broken and bloodied grin.

“Death to the False Emperor.”

As the Sins of the Father died in the skies above Terra, Hashec Tor slipped away slowly, accompanied only by the flames of the dying ship and the ghosts of brothers long dead. 

VsGSA2o.jpg

++++++++

Well it's been a long time everyone. Life and plans have changed immensely since the last time I updated this log. For the first time in two years I have a hobby desk again and it feels good to get back to familiar territory. Moving, divorce, injuries, vet bills, and chopper projects all conspired to prevent me from devoting any time whatsoever to the 15th Company.

I now feel like I'm finally at a point where I feel I can step into that realm once more. Not only that but I can do the story of Hashec and 15th proper justice this time around. When I started this project it evolved the way many of these things do and became a creature of it's own that had started to stray from the original vision. Part of this was due to creative influence from the ever expanding Horus Heresy series and the other part was a need to keep up with the ever-changing tactical landscape of Warhammer 40,000. It made Hashec and the 15th into something I didn't want them to become and I started to feel like they had lost something along the way, something vital and unique.

So with no small amount of melancholy I decided to sell the 15th Company. It is currently listed on Ebay as I write this and I can honestly say, I'm at peace with the decision. 

The Night Lords 15th Company Warband of the 41st Milennium represents years of hard work, experiences, and a chapter in my life now closed. I am content moving forward (or rather backward) and crafting the 15th Company in a fresh light in the setting I have truly come to love, that of the Horus Heresy. I hope you'll all be as excited as I am and join me as I bring the glory days of the 15th Company to light, when Hashec Tor was a simple Centurion fighting not as the leader of ragged warband, but as a proud member of the mighty and infamous VIII Legion. Cheers all, and as always...

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

One of the Greats is back.

Seems life has been challenging for the past 2 years or so.. I hope it goes a bit easier on you :)

Good to see you posting again, and if that picture is anything to by by, then we are all in for a heck of a ride

You know, if you ever consider adding some support/maintenance/recovery elements to your force, I'm sure Atrum Laboris would be pleased to offer the services of one of their more talented tech smiths to your cause. Indeed, Mechanicus Crimmins'Thoth is currently off-world and could be easily directed to aid your cause. Please feel free to consider him at your future disposal, should his talents suit your needs.