Train omini-shambles from work - just got in after a 15 hour day.

However...

gallery_27755_11019_251986.jpg

I am finding the force on the door magnets way too weak so I'll add one going in the top door sides (red circle) and through the strut (three magnets) wide)into the next door (another magnet). I'll go anti-clockwise just to not be a clock.

Counted them up and have enough to do this and do the other pod too (when stripped and repaired) leaving two for a jump pack conversion I guess.

Also need to fill over zealous eagle removal with green stuff (liquid is good for such things).

That is for tomorrow though.

Edited by Marius Perdo

@Brother Dallo: Thank you. But if I could just finish something off :smile.: It has been harder the past five years with the retinal damage but one (toy) soldiers on.

So, pods. So very many pods. Why?

I am hoping that by building all the vehicles first I might actually finish the infantry. I am also looking forward to doing them with the same techniques as the old Minotaur's rhino I ruined many moons ago.

However, I hate mold lines, and these are covered in them:

gallery_27755_11019_30155.jpg

I have started work on the last two mint plastic pods I have but as I have ordered another dreadclaw I can use one of the crap ones for that and use the mint kit for another pod.

That would be four Legion drop pods, and Anvilus pattern Dreadclaw drop pod (for terminators), a deathstorm drop pod, and a Legion dreadnought drop pod for the Raven Guard.

Getting the base/floor of the pod is fairly important so doing the doors, with magnets, had to happen first.

gallery_27755_11019_34046.jpg

Much filing and tidying up to do, then I can assemble the floors and control panels, and then work on magnetising the engines and lining up using the struts.

As for the dreadnought drop pod...aargh. The magnets were no way near strong enough. So I had to bore them out, put stronger ones into the engine, re-sculpt panels due to the brutality of getting the small magnets out, do the same with the doors.

gallery_27755_11019_88137.jpg

The base plate was not level and I filed down rather than building up, which meant the base of the doors didn't work anymore, so then I had to jack back up with a plasti-card insert - at least it is level.

I had to repair the engine with some wire that was missing from the scuplt (broken off I guess).

I know it doesn't look like it but after some sanding, filing and smoothing off this is ready for assembly.

As an aside the floor plate looks a weird colour because I stripped it in Dettol years ago - old FW resin went rubbery in this. I use Superdrug acetone free nail polish remover now. Which I used ages ago on the rest of the model as it was so greasy and sweating all the soap and water in the world did nothing - thus the slight bluish tint.

It has been a ball-ache though so I had to do something to remind myself why I am building the big pods.

gallery_27755_11019_189854.jpg

Used an Imperial Fist contemptor with BAC bits to make a start on a scenic base for my Iron Warriors Leviathan. The back half is for a scenic base for my Raven Guard Leviathan (I'll probably paint the wreck Iron Warriors) - only a Raven Guard Leviathan (and probably Alpha Legion) could be stealthy enough to sneak up behind another dreadnought and back-stab it :smile.:

Besides the dreadclaw I also ordered an armoured proteus for the command squad, a deimos predator destructor to use the dual lascannons instead of heavy bolters on the proteus, a Raven Guard contemptor, various Raven Guard rhino doors (including deimos for a damocles I will build for them), and some of the newer MKVI corvus to convert into Mor Deythan (I want three with missile launchers for reasons unknown).

I also went slightly mad for Dark Uprising and the floor tiles sets.

Saw some cheap AOBR stuff on e-bay looking for more dreadnought multi-melta arms (for Salamanders for Badad War) - this made me see orks which made me think of my Crimson Fists...

PS if it wan't for Audible Horus heresy books to listen to, and 30K Channel to listen to/glance at, I'd have gone mad by now.

Edited by Marius Perdo

@TechType: Ta, it'll be Okay, it is just doing so many all at once is making it worse :wink:

So I stopped doing two at once and just went back to doing one.

gallery_27755_11019_206273.jpg

However too late to do drilling for magnets - I think I might have a read of book 8 and dream of an Iron Warriors Mortifactor with five contemptors.

Or I could man up and do the mold lines on the struts and start preparing the resin bits from the dreadclaw, as the second one and more Forgeworld goodies arrive tomorrow. However so will the last mint plastic pod in the dreadclaw kit....aargh :smile.:

Edited by Marius Perdo

Forgeworld goodies arrived...utterly derailed:

Armoured Proteus land raider

Deimos Pattern MKI Predator - turret lascannons already stolen to magnetise for the proteus, (as well the heavy flamers from a leviathan too - inspired by either Kizzdougs or Cadmus Tyro's Alpha Legions - I need to check*)

Dreadclaw - another plastic pod to build from scratch but another crap one to salvage

Raven Guard Contemptor

One each of the non-deimos Raven Guard rhino doors (to mix up for darkwing and proteus)

Deimos Raven Guard doors for damocles

New more dynamic MKVI x5 - I'll use these to convert into Mor deythan to go with the 5 stock ones (although I'll probably use the rifles on extra recon)

Mortis lascnannons for old plastic dreadnought for Badab War - getting them whilst still there to buy

So, back to mold line removal.

Edit:*it was Cadmus Tyro, must learn what bits he used for the explorator array thingummy - magnetised too for transport - so sensible.
Edit 2: From the repulsor, thus I ordered one that will arrive today.

Edited by Marius Perdo

Mold lines don't get rid of themselves. Scraping on.

As an aside, beyond all the joyous Dark Uprising stuff that will arrive tomorrow, today the Repulsor turned up so I can nick the antenna (although some Primaris will get it at some point), and I got a Shrike at the same time as I want to use his The Ravens Talons as a guide for sculpting and using plasti-card to make Legion Raven's Talons rather than just using lightning claws . Well, for power armour, I'll have a think about terminators.

I also got some AOBR ebay gubbinz just for the the dreadnought multi-meltas (for Salamanders for Badab) now FW don't seem to do them. This meant some more AOBR termies (10?), 2 captains with the cool sword I didn't use on my CF captain (but will for Black Templars), an unexpected bike, quiet a lot of tacticals I can Doghouse, and odds and sods. But also orks.

Not many but three dethkoptas, the big AOBR warboss, quite a few boyz (20 - 40 I guess*), nobz (10?), but also some burnaz and some lootas (about 5 of each) - never actually had orks before but could be amusing at some point.

However...mold lines.

*Edit: Was actually 20.

Edited by Marius Perdo

So Dark Uprising box is so deep.

But pods...even the power of the Kanban is not helping although I only had shocking pink post-its left for Raven Guard Legion so that might be it.

I took the meltaguns back from this (from years ago) as tornadoes aren't allowed two multi-meltas anymore - back to the Legion box they go.

gallery_27755_5863_24204.jpg

I fancied a walk so I went to a nearby model shop to get some Evergreen tube.

gallery_27755_8709_183778.jpg

Basically I want to angle the old dread arms for Badab projects a bit like the garden secateurs bit between the handles using telescoped tubing.

I fancy a longer assault cannon and will use the barrels from the stormraven (spare from the storm eagle), I may do the same with the heavy plasma cannons.

On Ironclads I will probably shorten hurricane bolters slightly as they look too long to me, or maybe use some from a storm raven again. They are obviously amazing on Ironclads and centurions with bolter discipline now. It is a shame the old FW one is gone as that racked effect and phobos boltguns as the forearm looked great.

Note the Sons of Medusa background in IA does suggest they make do, salvage, alter, and amend a lot so having weirder dreads is fine - less so for Salamanders.

As far as dreads go:

Ironclad x2 (1 unbuilt, 1 omni-shambles)
Venerable x4 (unbuilt)
Mortis x2 (1 unbuilt, 1 twin-missiles)
Dread x3 (omni-shambolic)
AOBR x2 (uplift)

However back to the drop pods, and possibly a peek into the Dark Uprising box and look at the floor tile sets.

As an aside - not new Black Templar models for Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury? Whut? Lucky I have enough FW stuff (shoudlers, shields, LR and rhino doors) and interesting helms and swords.

Also transfers arrived from Chaptercustomiser so I have Executioner, Raptor, Lamenters, Mantis Warriors and Sons of Medusa sheets now.

As a final aside at the model shop they had GW stuff at 20% of marked price when it was already 20% off so picked up some Death Company - I think they had a start collecting! ad-mech too so I might pick that up.

Edited by Marius Perdo

Rummaged for possible bits for the Proteus explorator augury web, although I might use a searchlight back in there like Cadmus Tyro (who inspired this), and possibly the optic from the HK off the vehicle sprue as well.

gallery_27755_11019_51166.jpg

Whilst in the garage dug out some stuff to use with ZM/Dark Uprising.

gallery_27755_11019_78545.jpg

Whilst the DU box is stuffed with stuff, and I got two floor tiles sets (8 tiles, 12" square each) I think I'll need another DU box and 2 more tiles sets to have the sort of density I want for a 4'x4' board.

Edited by Marius Perdo

@Kolgrim Deathhowl: They should make for interesting objectives, such as get to the panel and switch off the electric pylons of shocking death, or hide behind the huge fuel dump at your own peril, or perhaps it is filled with liquid acidic horribleness and you will melt like in Robocop.

I bought some stuff today.

Another DU - no tiles though as Book of Ruin shows a nice set-up with two tilesets and 2 DUs and I have two tilesets.

And the 3 Deimos rhino deal from FW, and IW and UM Deimos doors. And more Heresy pintle guns.

And the Series 3 Death Guard (all 6)...and the paint set to get the sorcerer. And the bases of course, so more rubber and plastic to sort out all my old Death Guard with gribbly bases.

And Feiros (he was the only one of the new models I hadn't bought). And another box of 10 MKIII, these were cheap (normally they are order in with less discount and not stocked but there they were, looking all lost and lonely so...).

And another Start Collecting! Mechanicas, another Sanguinary Guard box, and Canis Rex - these last 3 as an independent stockist had them at another 20% off so...

And enough tracks from B&S to Heresitise 4 Land Raiders (1 alpha achilles, 2 MKIIbs and why did I get 4 pairs?), a Baneblade sized thing with void shields for the Perturbed one, and 10 Deimos Rhino/Predator/Scorpius/Damocles things.

Well that is my bonus spent.

Edited by Marius Perdo

@DuskRaider: Yep - there is Heresy here. I have 3 FW Damocles and a Deimos rhino (well, 4 now), and I wanted the doors for each to do one for each legion I am pottering with, Iron warriors, Raven Guard and Ultramarines - a mate is doing Imperial Fists, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers. A proper C&C flash vehicle. The DU stuff is for Necromunda and the new rules from GW for ZM in HH, mainly as it will be a way to multi-use the terrain and get going quickly with an HH army (although probably using 8th rules).

@Sons of Sacrifice: Without the unexpected pay increase, bonus and a choice of two promotions it wouldn't have happened. As for brush it will be mostly the Iawata.

The FW stuff has arrived already.

And the Dark Sphere stuff apart from the second DU.

Silicone on Friday (day off, delayed UPS) but the stuff from the States won't be until December (series 3 stuff and B&S Heresy tracks).

Note the HH projects will be very slow and long burn, I really want to delay until after Book 9 when presumably FW swap from doing HH for Old World and HH becomes mainstream and uses 9th edition (presumably) rules, maybe even 10th (a theorem).

Then no more artificier armour and LOSA and DS shennaigans, or vehicles armour values (and squadron rules), or not splitting fire as standard etc - I have just gotten to used to 8th. Still love HH models though.

I have a dream, and that dream is a 20 man tactical squad firing some hideous mash of Bolter Discipline and Fury of the Legion and taking down anything.

However drop pods don't build themselves....

Edit: Read the new HH ZM rules, Assault Mission 4'x4'. so just ordered two more tile sets. Encounter Mission 6'x4' - so that would be another two tile sets but terrain denisty becomes an issue, until I have played with two DUs on 4 tiles and extra kits get released I am not sure what I will need. Well, want...none of us need any of this really :smile.:

Edited by Marius Perdo

Whilst sorting Raven Guard stuff realised I should really finish off some Iron Warriors stuff which then...well, stuff.

gallery_27755_12410_200393.jpg

Finally found a cloak I liked - in my mind it is tattered as it is made from the battle flag of his homeland on Olympia which he took as a drape after they refused to surrender to decimation - stained black with the soot from the funeral pyres - or something - also the vacuum displacement of the choom is pulling the cloak like a Mephiston wannabe.

Also started veteran tactical squad sergeant who will have a thunder hammer using the aberrant sledge head - re-using the old Minotaur I did with power axe.

Also prepping a 20 man breacher thus all the melta-bombs, I'll probably use the big one form the old devastator kit to be a demolition charge.

Also pondering Goliath grenade launcher as a base for a Destroyer rad missile launcher.

Edited by Marius Perdo

@Kolgrim DeathHowl: Ta mate, I have some next steps to follow.

However that will involve power drills and it is late. Well, a not-dremmel.

But I needed to see if the idea to re-use my old Minotaur veteran sergeant could work as an Iron Warriors veteran sergeant, just a quick sketch.

Before (circa 10/08/2013!):

gallery_27755_8709_55048.jpg

After:

gallery_27755_12410_72271.jpg

gallery_27755_12410_150665.jpg

Head is a placeholder, I have ideas for a reiver one but combined with a lower helm front mask, probably an Iron Warriors FW one.

Okay, the Warsmith.

gallery_27755_12410_78627.jpg

Need to greenstuff the cloak properly.

Hammer head swap to another, need to drill out skulls and take off I symbol, then fill with vent slots like other aberrant hammer/sledge heads - I'll use this one for a Goliath and add rivets and hex bolts - the haft and hands went to the vet sergeant.

Add tiny rivets around the top edge of gorget, and three at each point of shoulder armorial shields.

Something on top (probably Deathwatch backpack sensor) and in front (probably targetter eye form HK) of the plastic thing from Cawl to make it more of a cortex controller tech bit.
Some pipes need finishing off too (Greenstuff tool on the way).

Also rad grenades Instamold from destroyers for Forge Lord (as well as non-MKIV destroyers), also ordered another MKIII power weapon set for melta-bombs thus 10 from 1st set for RG recon, 10 from 2nd for destroyers, and 10 for characters etc., old plastic 20 for RG assault squad.

Also headhunters to get combi-bolters for RG command squad and another boarding assault upgrade set (to get to 30, 10 man squad in LR, 20 on foot).

Also MKV assault for MKV bits but also the massive turbo prop jump packs to got with night raptors ones to use mixed up for RG assault squad and IW destroyers.

Off on Friday, might actually get the warsmith fully built finally.

Edited by Marius Perdo

Did a little bit on lots of stuff today.

But very distracted by watching The Irishman and reading Faith and Fury.

About half sorted out the Warsmith new hammer head, did work on the veteran tactical sergeants head, and played with orders.

Taking the combi-bolters out of a headhunters upgrade kit for RG command retinue, another boarding shield upgrade set, some MKIII power weapon upgrades, and UM doors.

However saw the Sabres release and advance ordered the one with all the guns.

Also ordered a Dreadknight as I want to make a Toxiferno cannon for a "destroyer" Iron Warrior contemptor (probably cortus).

Can’t believe I haven’t come across you thread before mate. Some excellent work, with some great ideas. I love the multi melta conversion on the speeder and the hammer wielding dude, great idea for the pose plus a holstered serpentia, brilliant!

Keep it up!

Cadmus

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

@Cadmus Tyro@ Ta. The speeder meltaguns was Desert Eagle years ago (I think - 2011(!?) - photobucket debacle for images now though) - top side only - and that inspired me doing the under-slung one (also back in 2011) - which aren't allowed on the underside now. Used to be fun to DS in with a Fast vehicle with two multi-meltas. The serpenta was done ages ago by Captain Jack (thread dead on here)/Anvils of Konor - fairly sure he did aberrant hammer/pick heads as conversion(s) too - there is nothing new under the sun - such as Tyro pattern augury explorator webs to be copied by me :wink:

@Kolgrim DeathHowl: Ta. Getting there slowly - the IWs have a 20+ man Legion tactical squad members (although I need to do a nuncio vox), the warsmith is well on the way, the forge lord started, the Legion veteran tactical squad sergeanr started.

I am prepping a 20 man Legion breacher squad (all in MKIII resin/plastic mix using the boarding shield upgrade packs of which I have 5), I'll then do about 20 more tactical Legionairies (mostly a blend of MKIII/IV resin/plastics) - probably less dynamic than the first and blend the results together - which due to the mixed nature of their armour parts becomes effectively non-production MKV.

Then there will be the rest of the Legion veteran tactical squad that will be a mix of pure MKIII and MKIV suits using the FW shoulder pads, brass etch, some pyramidal bonding studs etc. to make it look like they took the pick of the crop regards new complete suits of armour.

At that stage, with 70 odd legionairies, I can think about a support squad, a havoc squad(s), tyrants, cataphractii, 10 man legionary breachers with land raider. Also planning destroyers with a toxiferric flamer and psyk-out grenades and missiles.

I'll be mixing in those old 2nd edition chaos space marine axes, chaos marauder picks, and light hammers and spades from various Imperial Guard vehicle upgrades to represent entrenching equipment.

And then there is the fiddling with contemptors, and the collection of bits for a mortificator, and planning a siege master etc.

And I am still collecting bits for my RG Legion and UM Legion.

Edited by Marius Perdo

Wooo! Back on the IW. Great to see them getting some love again. Mind you, when I scrolled past that pick with the Warsmith in pieces...:cry: Glad to see he's back together again. Duse with the hammer looks great and the face mask is awesome.

Not that I'm one to talk but I'd love to see some paint on these guys. Maybe we should make a paint-pact to force each other into it, heh