Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,349 posts
  • Faction: Children of the Star-Wyrm
Aye, good to see you active again. :tu:
  • Marius Perdo likes this

+ Oathbreaker +

"Suffer not the Heretic to live."

The Asylusian Insurrection: Children of the Star-Wyrm

[A Kill Team & Warhammer 40'000 narrative campaign]

+ Those Few Who Refused to Die +

[A Horus Heresy Isstvan III narrative log]

Black Templars - W:4 L:1 D:0

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

@DuskRaider: No, done nothing 40k - but I still have un-built stuff and I bought the Kill Team Starter Box, the new terrain boxes not in the starter box, and the Kill Zones. Thus terrain will be imminent ;)

@Chaplain Dosjetka: Good to be back, loads of ideas have been fermenting away ;)

So firstly the purchase stack:

gallery_27755_12410_133463.jpg

Really looking forward to get to know the new ruins kits, they look great.

A possible Kill Team is genestealer cults, or a gang for Necromunda. I bashed multi-part shotguns ages ago with Overkill bodies as I wanted the Overkill autoguns for my Death Guard chaos cultists.

gallery_27755_12410_319951.jpg

However I had quite a few Death Guard built. I am going to mash the poxwalkers about as I want them unique and kind of Rogue Tradered up. I'll have 7 but need 5 spare in case of extreme Nurgle's Gift tactic.

gallery_27755_12410_263424.jpg

The Plague Champion (Leader) has plasma gun, power fist, plaguesword (22 points), the first plague marine fighter (zealot) has a flail of corruption (19 points), the second plague marine fighter (combat) has a great plague cleaver, and the plague marine gunner (heavy) has a blight launcher. And seven (obviously) poxwalkers (3 points x 7 = 21) (99 points total).

Still farting about with names, demeanours etc but Sheperds of the Neverdead seems a suitable Nature, Mission: Defilers and quirk can be Dirgesong as they will be Apostles of Contagion.

As these are basically built I am doing them first but when my reivers and intercessors multi-part boxes arrive I'll do some Death watch and various marine teams.

Also thinking of digging out my old DV chaos space marine chosen conversions to do a Crimson Slaughter team with chaos cultists.

• DuskRaider likes this

gallery_27755_12410_12671.png

Captain Mike

Captain Mike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

I like how "doesn't have pants" is a defining feature of one of your models. Gives everything a genuine sense of fun.

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts
@Captain Mike: Doesn't have his environment suit pants, and now is on a never-ending quest to get them back. They will then protect him and stop his thigh rashes, although he may have caught that from the lady of negotiable affection who stole his pants in the first place :)

Okay, I may actually be playing on Friday (KT). Now I could go conversion crazy on my DG but they are usable as is.

As such, and due to the new kits and DuskRaider asking, I will probably finish off some old ideas (towers with crane, more pipe walkways etc) so I can take them along with my sector imperialis board. Also the Munitorum Kill Zone tiles have a cool one that looks like a elevator that descends, and it looks just like the landing pad (whose struts I knicked for the pipe walkways).

So, architect and Boab the Builder time.

Edited by Marius Perdo, 08 August 2018 - 02:13 PM.

• DuskRaider and Captain Mike like this

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts

So there are going to be four of us so we are keeping it simple and just using Kill Zone Sector Imperialis from the core rulebook.

So, I am building Sector Imperialis stuff, both old and new.

Started another pedway, I will do pipes for it for Necromunda/Kill Zone Sector Mechanicus but I don't glue them on. I built a Shrine of the Aquila to fit onto the board. I'll do an old Basilica Administratum and Sanctum Imperialis using some mint sprue stuff that I'll fit to the board "floorplan" sizes. I'll finally build Honoured Imperium too.

Then it'll be the new stuff, Imperilais Sanctum, Imperialis Basilicanum, and the stuff from the starter box - Imperialis Administratum and Imperialis Ruins(x2?).

On a 6'x4' Sector Imeprialis board we can play side by side and have 3 tiles side by side in a strip for 2 36" by 24" (more than the 30" by 22" required). It means with one board set you could have 4 Kill Team games going on at once.

gallery_27755_12410_180265.jpg

Book for weight just to hold the steps down. A have a few more of this set that I'll build into the sunken cathedral for desert/ash wastes at some point as the newer kits just blow it away.

However it does look good as a facade at a board edge.

Obviously still very WIP.

Edited by Marius Perdo, 08 August 2018 - 08:33 PM.

• DuskRaider likes this

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts

So I built the Sanctum and started work on the Basilicanum.

gallery_27755_12410_106737.jpg

Lovely kits, but quite time consuming to build carefully (which they are so nice they deserve).

Change the horn on the blight launcher guy too, and added a green stuff cyclopean eye to make his helm look different from the plague cleaver one.

No way these building are done for tomorrow evening. Oh well...plenty of other older stuff built.

Edit: I forgot to say that I haven't really felt any urge to mess about with them, they seem great just as stock...probably because they are new to me and I am just happy building them as is. I am sure it will wear off and I'll want more kits to mess about with.

Edited by Marius Perdo, 09 August 2018 - 08:55 PM.

• Reyner, DuskRaider, Bryan Blaire and 1 other like this

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts

I actually played last night.

6 nil to me. I was concerned the poxwalkers would just be a Nerve test and Broken liability. They weren't.

Learning game though.

I actually built the other new buildings but they are in the garage. Ironically not used by me.

Kill Team is great. Fast and furious, great for building small converted teams, and accidentally narrative.

For example, my opponents Dark Angels tactical marine Sergeant (Leader) charged into two poxwalkers, only hit once, failed to wound (a 1) and then had his brains eaten and I used Nurgles' Gift tactic and turned him into a poxwalker.

Now I have to ponder building a Dark Angels poxwalker smile.png

So now I will custom build and convert my team (my DG un-built and bits box was scrutinised this afternoon).

The leader was way over-geared and did bugger all apart form win me the game by holding the objective.

The Heavy drew so much fire he should have been dead soo many times over, but he dished out a lot of hits to little affect. very toough.

The Zealot with the Flail of Corruption killed 4 Dark Angels on his own. He was just brilliant, and a bit lucky.

The Combat bloke with the Great Plague Cleaver was an arse, the -1 to hit made him useless and then a tactical marine killed him, even though I used Veteran's of the Long War (all attacks missed ) and then even a command point re-roll failed.

As an aside much AoS joy arrived today, as well as Intercessors, Reivers, and...to drunk to remember now.

Edited by Marius Perdo, 12 August 2018 - 06:26 PM.

• DuskRaider likes this

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts

So, I have had a chance to ruminate on what I fancy. I want to do Death Guard and Deathwatch, so i planned two kill teams based on actually reading the rules again after playing, and having the not statistically significant data set of one game smile.png

Death Guard

Plague Champion (Leader) with krak/blight grenades, plasma pistol and plaguesword - 15 points - I need to keep him alive for Resourceful, and he didn't use any of his expensive gear.

Plague Marine Fighter (Combat) with krak/blight grenades, plague knife, flail of corruption - 19 points - he was great last time but I'd rather always have +1A the +1S/A on the charge.

Plague Marine Gunner (Heavy) with krak/blight grenades, plague knife, blight launcher - 18 points - he hardly did anything but he drew so much fire, I also have a conversion idea.

Plague Marine Gunner (Demolitions) with krak/blight grenades, plague knife, plasma gun - 18 points - everyone is nearly always obscured so getting +1 to Wound seems fair enough.

Plague Marine with krak/blight grenades, plague knife, boltgun - 14 points - I felt I had a bit too many fragile poxwalkers last time and I don't want to get forced into easy Break tests.

Poxwalkers - 3 points x5 = 15 points, 7 might have felt like too many regardless of the Sacredness of the number but I still like them and they are good for stopping Overwatch/Obscuring.

99 points.

Deathwatch

Okay, first things first, the 2 points for every bolt weapon gets prohibitive fast IF they carry an additional pistol, so I have avoided that where I can.

Watch Sergeant (Leader) with frag/krak, boltgun, powersword - 20 points - not wasting A3 and I want the Ld9 - some non-1st Founding Chapter that I can demi-bling.

Black Shield (Combat) with frag/krak, heavy thunder hammer - 21 points - A4 and re-roll charge - 'nuff said - it'll be interesting deciding what chapter he was - thinking something from the Badab War - I'll use a spare Artemis so he is charging hefting the massive hammer.

Intercessor Gunner (maybe Sniper) with frag/krak, stalker bolt rifle, auxiliary grenade launcher, bolt pistol - 20 points - 42" range SR 21" AP -2 kraken bolts or 30" krak grenade with no LR hit penalty...ouch time - probably convert the Ultramarine I did earlier or an Imperial Fist.

Reiver sergeant (Scout) with frag/krak/shock, bolt carbine, combat knife, grapnel launcher - 20 points - the sergeant means no heavy bolt pistol and +1A/+1Ld (running about on his own) so he is actually a point cheaper and has A4 and can Advance with Swift and Quick March and generally sprint about and still shoot kraken bolts to 30" - due to the speed/lightning strikes vibe I am thinking White Scar using lots of Overkill bits (like the hawk). Probably calling him Lijin Hettar.

Deathwatch Veteran Gunner (probably Heavy) with frag/krak, infernus heavy bolter - 19 points - frag cannon way too expensive and quite versatile this way and Hellfire Shell tactic becomes an option - again non-1st Founding Chapter.

100 points.

I fancy building Lijin first - I have a clear idea of what I want.

Edited by Marius Perdo, 12 August 2018 - 06:25 PM.

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 746 posts

WIP on the White Scar Reiver sergeant.

Not sure whether to make the "sniper" an

Ultramarine or an Imperial Fist.

gallery_27755_12410_48857.jpg

Edited by Marius Perdo, 13 August 2018 - 12:19 PM.

• Chaplain Dosjetka and Fr33Dom like this

Fr33Dom

Fr33Dom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch & GSC
Love the white scar reiver mate! Well cool!

Captain Mike

Captain Mike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts
That Reiver is a thing of beauty.

And plot twist, make them a flesh tearer. The rifle fires bullets with chainsaws on them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Badab War, Dark Angels Chapter, Ultramarines Chapter, Sons of Medusa Chapter, Marauders Chapter, Imperial Fists Chapter, Minotaurs Chapter, Crimson Slaughter, Death Guard, Apostles of Contagion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)