Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Warriors Legion & DIY Primaris Chapter WIP PLog

Minotaurs Chapter Crimson Slaughter Death Guard Iron Warriors Legion DIY Primaris Chapter Horus Heresy

• Please log in to reply
603 replies to this topic

k0nahrik

k0nahrik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Love the way that dread is looking. For the whole tipping over thing - simple solution, something I do to all my models regardless to prevent them from tipping if I knock them mid game. I just glue a two-pence piece in the bottom. If you’re from the UK, at least. If you’re in the US, you might have to shill something a little bigger, maybe a quarter (it’s been a while since I was on that side of the pond) but either way the coin-in-base trick has worked wonders for me. It also adds a nice weight to the model during play too, makes it feel a little more substantial.

Went off on a little bit of a tangent there. Love the thread, love the model, especially the Warsmith. Conversion beamer looks funky too.
  • Marius Perdo likes this

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors Legion

Thanks guys.

As for balance I do use 2 pences on 32mm but in this case it wasn't just mass, it just seemed too big as well as too heavy :)

6 weeks or so until vow time, doomed on the titan front (I just cannot get into building them, even reading Titandeath isn't helping).

Had an ongoing fight with Nurgle that I recently lost so not been near my Iron Warriors,

Then again Shadowspear looks great - the chaos stuff is great and I think will mash up nicely with Dark Vengeance stuff, but the Primaris stuff pelases me too.

I might set myself a goal of not buying it until I have my HH vow down.

Some day I'll finish off a project, but today is not that day.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,473 posts

Love the way that dread is looking. For the whole tipping over thing - simple solution, something I do to all my models regardless to prevent them from tipping if I knock them mid game. I just glue a two-pence piece in the bottom. If you’re from the UK, at least. If you’re in the US, you might have to shill something a little bigger, maybe a quarter (it’s been a while since I was on that side of the pond) but either way the coin-in-base trick has worked wonders for me. It also adds a nice weight to the model during play too, makes it feel a little more substantial.

As for balance I do use 2 pences on 32mm but in this case it wasn't just mass, it just seemed too big as well as too heavy smile.png

You could probably get metal washers from your local DIY shop (Lowe's/Home Depot/etc). They're relatively cheap for a lot and FAR heavier than coins.

• Marius Perdo likes this

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors Legion

Well done nothing for weeks due to work.

So that'll be both vows failed ;) I really can't get into titans, even after reading Titandeath.

I was very enthused from a modeling standpoint with my Iron warriors but I prefer 8th edition rules, and every time I read the HH rules I sigh - especially as FW don't update their digital products and maintain them, I buy enhanced copies so I don't have to close and then open and read addendum/errata pdfs - one stop shop please.

However Shadowspear looked nice, I said no for weeks, then I bought it. No will.

The reason is the most fun I have had was back when I farted about with DV and chaos random bits and converting, and mashing DI Nurgle stuff with ETB and KNF stuff.

So I have Shadowspear (and Blackstone Fortress) a lot of DV stuff (and exalted champions), a box of new chaos space marines (and many older ones), I have ordered two havoc boxes and a termie box (and I have 3 old boxes) for next week - and some more bikers (have one box) and raptors (2 boxes and 1 warp talons built), a skull altar, a Noctolith Crown, a Wrath and Rapture (very cost effective with 25% off), 4 greater possessed from eBay (conversion fodder less than £4 each), another Shadowspear chaos space marine squad from ebay for converting (under £20 and also not hugely impressed with new MP box).

I'd love to look at the rules (whinge incoming) but whilst I have Vigilus Ablaze digital at midnight the free 2019 update hasn't been pushed so who knows what has changed and when we'll be allowed our freebie.

But a quick scan does suggest I will do Black Legion with lots of infantry (and I have Haarkon and Abbaddon arrived yesterday), and the Council of Traitors (extra Dark Apostle and Sorcerer get WT) and Bringers of Despair with Chosen of the Warmaster with Field Commander stratagems appeal.

Reading VA for the rules in there and noting things that interest me, and then I'll do a roll-call of all minis and get to know new sprues.

MP kit first impressions - well less spare heads and shoulders than I'd like but the main thing is the way the back plate torso is attached to many legs as a single piece so kit bashing is going to require part building, allowing to thoroughly dry, and then sawing apart.

So in a sort of research and preparation mode.

Oh, and I dug out the old defiler I part built way back, glad I didn't try and Nurglify it.

Inventory later today after head/tentacle/claw count.

Some day I'll finish off a project, but today is not that day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minotaurs Chapter, Crimson Slaughter, Death Guard, Iron Warriors Legion, DIY Primaris Chapter, Horus Heresy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users