Okay a few days later and I am finally done with the vindicator upgrade, well ill still add chaos touch to it so waiting with rivets until I do the décor.
the vindicator I had borrowed needed to be returned tomorrow, so just made it
when I have more time ill make 2 sets more so I can upgrade all my rhinos, now I have the first set so I know where to place the magnets before I assemble them.
the whole reason for this is I need 2 rhinos for upcoming tournament, requirements is for all models to be painted, couldn't paint it before I had added the trim on the outside and other chaosnes, couldn't do that before it was glued tighter, couldn't glue it tighter before I placed the magnets, and couldn't place the magnets before I made the vindicator bits so I would know where to place them... *takes a deep breath*
So anyways, now I need to go back to building/converting normal CSM to plague marines and paint them up, paint and assemble the helldrake, and the rhino, before the tournament , so much to do so little time!.
Anyways here are some pictures of the process hope you like them, and al always, feel free to comment if you have any ideas or questions.
started out with the basic idea, took measurements and did a cardboard template
then started to make the base of the cannon with the fun fun plastic card.
tried to make it fit as snugly and flush as possible, but I want the bits to be interchangeable, and sadly one o my rhinos I got second-hand and its visor was glued on the wrong way, on top of the front, so had to adjust a little.
here below I added the round bit that makes the cannon look adjustable in height
started work on the barrel, but I only had one size of pvc tubing, and it was a little too big, to start with I tried cutting a section out then folding that into another bit to make it smaller, but too much effort so switched and drew up the end of the barrel a little smaller so it would fit after I wrapped 0.50 plastic card around it, seemed to work fairly well other than accidently gluing it onto myself and my cutting mat.
added another layer and after that another layer
started on the top cover and added the base to mount it on too.
dug up a cam like the one that is on the original and its pretty much there, took a few more poor quality photos next to the original one I borrowed.
and it easily snaps on and comes off too, got to love magnets
there hope you like this and will update as soon I have anything good to share.