Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

Nice stuff! You've even managed to make the skin arm not look comical like it does in the pic!! I still prefer the possessed backpack, but hey ho, you can't please everyone!!

He is looking pretty awesome - you just need to do the Mournival now.....

pleasing everyone isent that easy, but you might be happy with end result of maloghurst anyways.

and i doubt ill do the entire mourival, but we will just have to wait and see.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/E3E88A55-8890-4ED1-9B3B-1A9FEA03C942.jpg

Known as "the Twisted" for the complex workings of his mind, Maloghurst was Horus's chief adviser and public voice, and a shrewd manipulator. He was also a formidable warrior, and was a speculated contender for the First Captaincy (the post held by Ezekyle Abaddon) when Horus made him his equerry.

During the Battle of Sixty-Three-Nineteen, Maloghurst was dispatched to the surface to parley with the "Emperor of Mankind", the impostor leader of the planet, but his Stormbird was shot down and he was seriously wounded in the crash. He was recovered from the surface, and the remembrancer Euphrati Keeler's pict-records of the rescue spread through the 63rd Expedition, making Maloghurst into a war hero. His body was badly mangled by the events (thus truly making him "twisted"), but he remained willing - and quite able - to serve his Warmaster. He also boldly stated that he was aware of his nickname among the rest of the Legion and had no wish to abandon it: his mind was as deft as ever, and if his body was now twisted to fit it, then so be it.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/7F819D62-4EE9-404C-BE36-7F0478EA0B52.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/04A3385E-CE94-48EE-B496-88911BDC54E0.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/987771D7-3C91-41E0-822A-E7E200302F8B.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/C7A5C676-CAD4-4CB4-A2A0-9E1C72B6661A.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/255C3725-1736-4C0D-8766-38363D62B05E.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/E4371A5F-1A33-4451-B648-4411384FF2FD.jpg

Oh my, someone go a make a statue for this man! (or make it yourself, it'll look better). Seriously thought, I l'm impressed to see how he has turned out. I feared the resting bolter might make him look too inoffensive but I was wrong, he looks menacing enough. My only quibble would be the hand resting on the bolter, it may be the photos but the posing of it doesnt look natural. Now you just have to get some paint on him, it feels like ages since we saw you paint anything!

Oh my, someone go a make a statue for this man! (or make it yourself, it'll look better). Seriously thought, I l'm impressed to see how he has turned out. I feared the resting bolter might make him look too inoffensive but I was wrong, he looks menacing enough. My only quibble would be the hand resting on the bolter, it may be the photos but the posing of it doesnt look natural. Now you just have to get some paint on him, it feels like ages since we saw you paint anything!

hehe thanks, about the hand i was having trubble gluing it and guess it warped slightly while i was pressing down on it, but hopefully its not too bad.

Outstanding.

thanks io i do try my best

man your attention to detail and the artwork is Ace! this guy looks amazing!!! :O. Can't wait to see him with paint!

its the details that makes miniatures fun for me.

Seriously amazing work, seeing the whole model all together at last is really great! Looking forward to seeing him painted!

its was great seeing it come together and twords the end the work just got faster and faster.

I waited for Abaddon, and now I've waited for Maloghurt and I can say that you never disappoint :). Seriously amazing model dude!

Nemac

i know im not very fast, but thank you so much for your patience :)

As long as Thaimer is making miniatures all is right on the Earth. Outstanding man! How long until paint?

first of all you mean right on terra right? and second you just need to convince my girlfriend of that ;)

You've smashed it out of the park there! What I'm really impressed is the fact you've used very 'basic' parts! I always tend to kit bash or hack up special characters! Really inspiring to see a humble plastic marine made into something special!!

thanks, it dosent take much to give a few bits a sense of character, i just kinda went way overboard here :p

If FW's version looks half as good as this they will have done well. A spectacular amount of consideration went into this and it pays. So awesome.

fw dosent have a model for him yet, maybe i have a chance for a job :)

Awesome workmanship here ... the model looks great!

thank you alot, glad so many liked it

Perfection. Absolutely stunning work, thamier.

thank you Augustus , but i think it could better, but i am learning :)

I waited for Abaddon, and now I've waited for Maloghurt and I can say that you never disappoint :smile.:. Seriously amazing model dude!

Nemac

i know im not very fast, but thank you so much for your patience :smile.:

I don't mind waiting, especially when you end up with models like this to drool over :)

Nemac

I waited for Abaddon, and now I've waited for Maloghurt and I can say that you never disappoint :smile.:. Seriously amazing model dude!

i know im not very fast, but thank you so much for your patience :smile.:

Seeing your progression on the Twisted is entertaining and inspiring. It's not so much the destination, as much as the journey. :)

Looks great!!!

Also, the hand, although twisted a bit, doesn't actually bother me. This is a fellow with extensive bionics and probably with a bunch of aches and pains; having his pose be just slightly off, just slightly painful, just slightly tortured, seems to work just fine. Rather than resting his arm, he is pushing into the weapon, perhaps as a result of a muscle spasm, or maybe due to pain. In any case, it works.

When I thought that this thred couldn't get any more awesome you've posted that Maloghurst! Great miniature, oozes character.

hehe thanks, hopefully i can keep it up :)

I waited for Abaddon, and now I've waited for Maloghurt and I can say that you never disappoint :). Seriously amazing model dude!

i know im not very fast, but thank you so much for your patience :)

Seeing your progression on the Twisted is entertaining and inspiring. It's not so much the destination, as much as the journey. :)

ill have to keep that in mind, so focused on the destination all the time .

Looks great!!!

Also, the hand, although twisted a bit, doesn't actually bother me. This is a fellow with extensive bionics and probably with a bunch of aches and pains; having his pose be just slightly off, just slightly painful, just slightly tortured, seems to work just fine. Rather than resting his arm, he is pushing into the weapon, perhaps as a result of a muscle spasm, or maybe due to pain. In any case, it works.

thank you Teetebgee, been wondering where you been hiding, hmm in that case that was my plan all along even when the hand was being differcult to glue on that was so intended ;p

a bit rand but i decided i want one of those rotating display bases, i seen them on a cupple of youtube videos, a circular plate that slowly rotates, greatfor showing minatures, now do any of you know where i can buy one?

thanks alot!

Less display talk and more Mal painting. I loved the character in the books and your model of him does it real justice.

Only think I am not sure of is the pitch fork end, but I suppose for planting the standard that works.

hehe

im working on it, also need the display for when he is done!

a tiny update took aquick work in progress picture of his head

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/4C2B9DF8-CC81-4B07-8D8D-451B6BB418C7.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/D4D8226F-7295-4B5A-88E2-3999FE4B5BEA.jpg