Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

How's about hanging skulls from the heavy bolters here and there instead of the spikes? Perhaps a Space Marine helmet, dremelled out with a jewelers chain running through the eye sockets? 

Your flame sculpting skills are insane. I hate you a little. ;)

Ah fair enough. Still looks good :tu: :)

thank you bio

How's about hanging skulls from the heavy bolters here and there instead of the spikes? Perhaps a Space Marine helmet, dremelled out with a jewelers chain running through the eye sockets? 

Your flame sculpting skills are insane. I hate you a little. ;)

i tought about that, it might be cool only concern i had was it they look to bulky, also tought of just having chains hand in but the amongeed belt is in the way of that.

How did you sculpt those flames, they're amazing!!! Seriously, tried it a couple of times and I couldn't get something half as decent!

with sculpting tools and greenstuff.

but in more detail, i take some 1mm plastic card and glue in a 90ish degree angle then sculpt one side with a silicone nonstick sculpting tool, workong it back and forth until i am happy with the look of it, once dry i remove it and glue it onto anotger pice and sculpt the other side, then clean and done.

like this

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/FA24DC0D-27CC-4459-A61C-45845274837A.jpg

That's a neat trick, looks great!

thanks

Thank you for sharing this techineque oh master Thamier:P, I'll try it out as soon as an opportunity arises!

you are most welcome, i plan on trying to make a silicon mould, but all out at the moment.

then i can make resin fire as much as i want.

That is looking sinister... So great!

its still early work in progress.

Nice! Very smooth!

yup silicone sculpting tools!

This is inspiring, I'm not one to make scenery, but stuff like this makes me want to give it a go!

i guess it is scenery, but i think of it as really big models.

That looks real good, I'd really like to replicate the effect on my knight. Would you be willinh to share any tricks used?

i willatwe on, its still far to go to get the effect i want, this is step 2

That effect looks awesome! Damn Thamier if you continue having such great ideas that I want to copy my army is going to simply turn into a pale shadow of yours...

hehe thanks traitor, instolen ideas from your army too, sides imetation is the greatest form of flattery

That looks brilliant, It's admirable that you take the time to customise your scenery so thoroughly as well as every miniature in your collection. Echoing Augustus comment, I would love to know how you went about sculpting the Chaos Star on your Bastion :)

Nemac

COol Bastion so far. So the process is you first sculpt the straight edged arrows, and when they are dry you add the 'fleshy' opened masonry?

That looks brilliant, It's admirable that you take the time to customise your scenery so thoroughly as well as every miniature in your collection. Echoing Augustus comment, I would love to know how you went about sculpting the Chaos Star on your Bastion :smile.:

Nemac

i used a pen to mark up the chaos star shapes roughly, then added greenstuff ontop of that shaping it the way i wanted, after that once dry i added next layer on the sides smooting it down (plan is to mak it look like it burst out from underneath the ceremite plates, will paint it like torn metal along the edges) i smooth it down then rugh up the edge along the star, finishing by pressing down a bit of rounded insta mould to (i used to copy the textture of the bastion walls) add the right texture to the transition area

Edited by thamier

...then added greenstuff ontop of that shaping it the way i wanted...

Oh so that's the secret!:p you make it sound easy, but damn if I'll ever get us looking that good:)

Anyways, the effect looks amazing, and even better when the burst concrete layer is added, very very nice work. I love how you ve added the texture into the U.S. also, that was probably what was needed to make this look "natural"

I wish I'd thought of that tearing effect of the chaos star on my chaos Knight.  I guess its something I can steal for the Nurgle one I have planned.  Awesome work! :)