Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: back to 30k

Sculpting Scratch build Conversion WIP Chaos Black Legion OSL

• Please log in to reply
1957 replies to this topic

Nemac Vradon

Nemac Vradon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 742 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords

:jaw:

Well, he is awesome dude, definitely worth the wait :D I see you managed to get a rotating stand too :D

Nemac

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,361 posts
  • Chapter Name: Warriors of Mayhem

Very nicely done.

thamier

thamier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,299 posts
  • Chapter Name: Balefire Legion

WOW, Maloghurst looks amazing painted up! All your effort painting him really shows, I'm completely blown away! I don't really see anyway forgeworld is going to beat your model, definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of your sons of horus army!

Nice thanks! im not fast but as i said im pretty happy with the result, maybe i could land a job at forgworld if i get a little better. right now the next that needs to be built and done is 15 warp tallion + jump lord and 5 bringers of despair for the fanatic tournement.

Maloghurst is looking amazing, mate! A fantastic conversion, and a great paintjob to match! I am weirdly fond of the red sword scabbard and almost wish you had used a dash of that red somewhere else (a red Eye of Horus jewel or something similar).

But anyway, fanastic job! Well worth the wait!

Thanks KS! quite a few of the others here at the local gaming store keeps telling that i should do blood angels or something, they like the way i paint red, i tought about adding something more red, but i didnt want to overdo it ither. might add a tiny something later on.

A fantastic conversion and paint job make this a very, very impressive miniature. Well done, dude! thumbsup.gif

I'm looking forward to your next project!

thank you Augustus, as mentioned above i hope you like warp talons, need to convert the poses so that take a while, and then do some elite chaos terminators for bringers and a awesome chaos lord with jumppack.

I love the quad vent backpack on him. How did you make it? I want to steal the idea for some of my black legion.

if you go back to page 76 there should be a picture there, its basically a 30k backpack as base then i cut the vents off two chaos space marine backpacks and coverd the gaps with greenstuff and added a bit on the top to match the artwork, i really hope that will help you, feel free to write me if you need anything else.

jawdrop.gif

Well, he is awesome dude, definitely worth the wait biggrin.png I see you managed to get a rotating stand too biggrin.png

Nemac

very happy to hear that Nemac, and yes i did get the rotating stand, tryed doing a video, but i need a better camera..

Very nicely done.

thank you mate :)

"When we reap their flesh our enemies weakens, when we feed on their soulsour resolve strengthen, but our hunger is never sated and our enemies shall know no peace."My W.I.P Chaos Space Marine thread : Balefire Legion

8FD7ACE1-1E89-4D18-9F78-F73837465D2B.pngE34AE41F-3A16-4ACB-93FD-A00C82F503D5.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gif5A824685-D153-44B5-8405-3C0CAA6F4B60.png30C434FF-294A-42DB-840E-24EC0844FCAA.jpg6616117F-FAAF-4152-8F30-7C11C0435972.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_8822.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_4603.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_257.pngETL_Medal_03.gif

You are also welcome to check out my new youtube channel at:

https://www.youtube....7WYgmAQAkiYAIPQ

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 519 posts
  • Chapter Name: Harvesters of Souls, SoH
Definitely best Maloghurst I've seen, the true metallics look excellent at the end. The waiting has been long, but it has been totally worth it!
  • thamier likes this
They rose from the dead to slay the living:
The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.
ETL 2016 Banner 03 Custos Fidei01

Venomlust

Venomlust

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,790 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Brass Stampede
Great to see him all painted up. Nice work!
  • thamier likes this

Eldrick Shadowblade

Eldrick Shadowblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 362 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Oath-Broken

That might be one of my favorit emodels of yours. And I'm a big fan of your Oblits! Definitely the best paint job to date. Very promising. Keep going!

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts

Well worth the wait ... all round amazing model! 

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,652 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Woah. What a absolutely beautiful model and paintjob. I wann cry. Best you ever die and that is a very high stake.

The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sculpting, Scratch build, Conversion, WIP, Chaos, Black Legion, OSL

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users