Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

WOW, Maloghurst looks amazing painted up! All your effort painting him really shows, I'm completely blown away! I don't really see anyway forgeworld is going to beat your model, definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of your sons of horus army!

Nice thanks! im not fast but as i said im pretty happy with the result, maybe i could land a job at forgworld if i get a little better. right now the next that needs to be built and done is 15 warp tallion + jump lord and 5 bringers of despair for the fanatic tournement.

Maloghurst is looking amazing, mate! A fantastic conversion, and a great paintjob to match! I am weirdly fond of the red sword scabbard and almost wish you had used a dash of that red somewhere else (a red Eye of Horus jewel or something similar).

But anyway, fanastic job! Well worth the wait!

Thanks KS! quite a few of the others here at the local gaming store keeps telling that i should do blood angels or something, they like the way i paint red, i tought about adding something more red, but i didnt want to overdo it ither. might add a tiny something later on.

A fantastic conversion and paint job make this a very, very impressive miniature. Well done, dude! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to your next project!

thank you Augustus, as mentioned above i hope you like warp talons, need to convert the poses so that take a while, and then do some elite chaos terminators for bringers and a awesome chaos lord with jumppack.

I love the quad vent backpack on him. How did you make it? I want to steal the idea for some of my black legion.

if you go back to page 76 there should be a picture there, its basically a 30k backpack as base then i cut the vents off two chaos space marine backpacks and coverd the gaps with greenstuff and added a bit on the top to match the artwork, i really hope that will help you, feel free to write me if you need anything else.

:jawdrop:

Well, he is awesome dude, definitely worth the wait :biggrin.: I see you managed to get a rotating stand too :biggrin.:

Nemac

very happy to hear that Nemac, and yes i did get the rotating stand, tryed doing a video, but i need a better camera..

Very nicely done.

thank you mate :)

• 1 month later...

Definitely best Maloghurst I've seen, the true metallics look excellent at the end. The waiting has been long, but it has been totally worth it!

thanks alot traitor, and its great you hung in there for the end redult.

Great to see him all painted up. Nice work!

thanks venom, maybe it inspre more to collect sons of horus :)

That might be one of my favorit emodels of yours. And I'm a big fan of your Oblits! Definitely the best paint job to date. Very promising. Keep going!

nice! thanks eldrick! if he is one of your favorites then what others do you like best? and when i have more time ill go back and fine tune my oblit standins with a mk 2 ;)

Well worth the wait ... all round amazing model!

thanks sagentus, i really gotta get faster tough

Woah. What a absolutely beautiful model and paintjob. I wann cry. Best you ever die and that is a very high stake.

dont cry! and thank you for the compliment mikhal.

i been busy with studying and i done my test so have more spare time and tournament coming up!

now its time for a update, and from 30k sons of horus to 40k and black legion raptor talon!

building stuff for my tournament list, never gonna make in time, gonna do a raptor talon with 3 groups of 5 warp talons and a chaos lord with jump pack.

been mixint quite alot got a age of sigmar head from a khorne dude added some horns and topnot some bits to make it more chaos space marineie

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/37BCEDBA-A0DD-4ACF-B981-BA63F6109726.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/FB376B59-F4B8-4C9A-B583-1771129CDCEB.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/37C75F38-441C-4A07-B559-1B24A9EAE0B1.jpg

as always eager to hear what you think

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/4BA8E701-47F9-4099-AC24-9F2642F21A93.jpg

I swear to God, dude. I seriously dropped an unintentional series of heavy cusses upon seeing this. It's incredible.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/4BA8E701-47F9-4099-AC24-9F2642F21A93.jpg

I swear to God, dude. I seriously dropped an unintentional series of heavy cusses upon seeing this. It's incredible.

hehe thanks that made my night, have the flue and had trubble sleeping, that did make me smile, thanks for the compliment and the colorful discription:)

That head looks brilliant, didn't think of using blood warrior heads like that. Really creative conversion work, definitely looking forward to seeing what you do for the bodies!

thank you atm the lord is gonna be a mix of alot of modeles like the helmet.

Awesome helmet, glad to see you back! Also are you using actual Warp Talon models or are you going to transform something else?

hehe well traitor... something in between gonna transform the warp talon models

like this

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/15098B0B-D61D-48A9-9BFC-5FE541EFA336.jpg

what do you think? ok?

Ok? That is more than ok! The repose is really cool, like he's going to stab someone in the chest many times. However, just out of curiosity, is that thing stable? It seems to be going to fall forward at any moment... Also are you aware that when arriving from deepstrike (which you'll want to do since you're playing the raptor talon ;)) you have to place them in a circle and in base contact?

I just mention it because I have a squad of Warp Talons unconverted from some time ago and well, they're always falling and putting them in circle is impossible:P!

Whatever you do it is a great conversion!

Maloghurst looks amazing, that head is incredible, not sure on the Warp Talon. That might just be because I don't like heavily overbalanced models though.

Dragonlover

thanks, im quitr happy with the head, the model is pretty stable dosent tip over lightly, might add some weight under the base just to be on the safe side.

Ok? That is more than ok! The repose is really cool, like he's going to stab someone in the chest many times. However, just out of curiosity, is that thing stable? It seems to be going to fall forward at any moment... Also are you aware that when arriving from deepstrike (which you'll want to do since you're playing the raptor talon ;)) you have to place them in a circle and in base contact?

I just mention it because I have a squad of Warp Talons unconverted from some time ago and well, they're always falling and putting them in circle is impossible:P!

Whatever you do it is a great conversion!

he is pretty stable, i honestly haven't tryed putting them up in deepstrike formation, might be a little tricky especially when i add the excust flames.

a few more angle on this guy

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/581A428A-50EB-4B15-B3D7-F9D38C92BA94.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/16069D1D-DD41-4B9C-B2D8-49DE6207E134.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/56391C84-FD08-4532-9163-D739E4230ABD.jpg

Maloghurst is incredible!! Excellent work!

Warp talons looking good as well, I love what you're doing with that Blood Warrior head for the Raptor lord, looking forward to seeing that progress.

The tweaked pose on the Warp Talon is looking excellent! As for the spliced-together helmet, I don't know whether or not this was intentional, but he does remind me of Urkrathos/Urkanthos, one of Abaddon's Chosen from the 3.5 Codex:

Just sayin'... :wink:

Edited by KrautScientist

If that's the case then keep on, he looks amazing! It is true though that from the new angles it does seem more centered, in the first photo he looks more inclined forward.

thats good, i think he looks a little charging superhero pose, but i think it works pretty well.

Maloghurst is incredible!! Excellent work!

Warp talons looking good as well, I love what you're doing with that Blood Warrior head for the Raptor lord, looking forward to seeing that progress.

thanks bio, the lord will have more blood warrior bits and rapotor and manticore and chosen bits among others oh and dark vengance bitz.

The tweaked pose on the Warp Talon is looking excellent! As for the spliced-together helmet, I don't know whether or not this was intentional, but he does remind me of Urkrathos/Urkanthos, one of Abaddon's Chosen from the 3.5 Codex:

Just sayin'... ;)

thanks, and it was unintentional, but seems quite fitting now you point it out, hopefully he turn out cool and look more like a chaos lord than just a fancy warp talon

That Raptor looks incredible. massive improvement on the stock pose for sure :tu:

Nemac

thanks alot nemac, what you think of this one then?

he is very superhero like :)

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/6A520ABA-6639-4495-AF6F-AE3296DAEE99.jpg

That Raptor looks incredible. massive improvement on the stock pose for sure :thumbsup:

Nemac

thanks alot nemac, what you think of this one then?

he is very superhero like :smile.:

*snip*

Yea that is also very cool :). I really like the horizontal poses you have come up with for your Raptors. What do you have planned for the others?

Nemac