Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

^^^^ same here. I'd put off using the wire I have because of trying to cut it first.

Right...where's those Noise Marines I've been thinking about doing.

And cheers for the tip on the legs. Just cut one and move it. And there's me cutting up two pairs to make one (which I won't be doing again lol).

Good tip on bending stuff! Plauge marines are looking ace, really fits into your army

your welcome, and thanks alot

Well I now feel a bit ashamed :D never have thought about bending it while it is still long. Thanks for the tip, how much do I own you :D

younshouldent, everything is hard until you know how to do it, and im not sure you own me anything :p

^^^^ same here. I'd put off using the wire I have because of trying to cut it first.

Right...where's those Noise Marines I've been thinking about doing.

And cheers for the tip on the legs. Just cut one and move it. And there's me cutting up two pairs to make one (which I won't be doing again lol).

practice makes perfect, can also make a proto type in normal soft wirebfirst then hold it up next to the bass string to compare shape while you bend.

have fun bending

almost done with my pledge, i have a ton of things to paint and build but... not sure what to do first, im not that great at playing 40k still learning, but here in marsh the next turnament here, and i want to be ready, its 1995points and i want a chance to get a high rank with a competive list, last time i tryed i lost 4 of 5 and was in the bottom 20 of 78 players, so i gotta figure out my list. and after that i can see if i have the models or if i have to paint/ build the ones im missing.

also want to get better painting score, last time i had 24 out of 30 and that was without any highlights on the black armour, and a handful of plaguemarines where i didnt have time to add the grey to thir amour.

im thinkng ill need obliterrators as my heavy choice so unless im convincee otherwise that prolly be my next building project.

Well, I have been here a lot but have not added a comment - so time to correct that:

This has been a great effort thamier, I'm glad that Call of Chaos VI was a driver for you to build up your force and produce models with consistent quality painting! The green glow works fantastically to tie the army together - especially because of your measured use of it. Also I love the small details like the Sorcerers book coming to life, the DIY Vindi and, my favorites, the plague marines! I really admire your restraint on the mutations and, as it turns out, this is clearly a case where less is more...

This is a great army you have made for yourself and sure hope you place well in the upcoming tournament. There will be tons of advice on list building in the relevant forums and I think quite a few members will readily offer advices on tactics and optimization of your force. 

Belakor rules! ;)

the lord on bike looks swish with some colour on him!

I really like the way the "simple" colour scheme sets off you complex conversions.

because at first my eyes slide over them saying "oh that is nice, hang on, what the? is that Kranon? on a bike? with a power maul?

o yes it is!"

bravo, again, my hat is off to you.

Well, I have been here a lot but have not added a comment - so time to correct that:

This has been a great effort thamier, I'm glad that Call of Chaos VI was a driver for you to build up your force and produce models with consistent quality painting! The green glow works fantastically to tie the army together - especially because of your measured use of it. Also I love the small details like the Sorcerers book coming to life, the DIY Vindi and, my favorites, the plague marines! I really admire your restraint on the mutations and, as it turns out, this is clearly a case where less is more...

This is a great army you have made for yourself and sure hope you place well in the upcoming tournament. There will be tons of advice on list building in the relevant forums and I think quite a few members will readily offer advices on tactics and optimization of your force. 

Belakor rules! ;)

thanks, i really like the call and im always building and painting something, so thought i might aswell join in and have some extra fun with it.

And im quite pleased with my plague marines, they might not have swolen belly, and no byles on thir armour, but i like this better,

and belakor i bought long afo cause it is just such a cool model, and at the time i hadent even started on my chaos army.

Brother I've been watching since your first post and I'm proud to say that I consider you as one of the greats, this army is pure win

thanks jaspcat, i wouldent say im anywere near the greatest, there is so many super talented ppl here, that i get a ton of inspiration from.

the lord on bike looks swish with some colour on him!

I really like the way the "simple" colour scheme sets off you complex conversions.

because at first my eyes slide over them saying "oh that is nice, hang on, what the? is that Kranon? on a bike? with a power maul?

o yes it is!"

bravo, again, my hat is off to you.

thanks, i got the tip that a lord on bike was great, and i had a spare kranon, so a bit of ajustment and he worked nicely, and the paint scheme is just me, love black and bone just seemed natural match to me, the green worked better than i expected, but i will add more details to all my models.

and what kind of hat is it?

Gorgeous models. I like the bone vs gold trim and love the Helldrake conversion.

thanks, havent gotten that much comments on the drakes in the end, glad you like them, thinking of getting a 3rd and magnetizing the wings for transport, so they can just snap on.

If you'd do that, could you tut them, I've got one unbuilt and I'd love to see how you do it. I'm not very innovative when it comes to magnets.

sure I can do that, might be in a bit, all the while I been working on these plague marines I been thinking about my list for the tournament, and a acquaintance from the gaming club suggested that instead of obliterators I should take Havocs with auto cannons, and think I could do a tut

later on.  

one thing I could some help with is squad markings, ideas and such, plan on doing freehand markings in the green glow on the shoulder pads,

I already planned the sorcs to be off the burning eye, so they have variations of a eye with flame and glow, fits with all the eyes on the trims as well.

been thinking of doing different chaos stars as squad markings, but not sure about bikes for example, and havocs.

so any ideas that could fit with the method and army?

Edited by thamier

Being lead by Abaddon, I would imagine that squad markings for the Black Legion would follow a corrupted variation of Heresy era Legios markings. I don't know if he'd keep marking in Cthonian or not though. I don't see Abaddon being a sentimentalist. Edited by The Nephilim

Being lead by Abaddon, I would imagine that squad markings for the Black Legion would follow a corrupted variation of Heresy era Legios markings. I don't know if he'd keep marking in Cthonian or not though. I don't see Abaddon being a sentimentalist.

ill have to look into that, thanks.

they are based on black legion, but are a seperate part now, so maybe a new squard makrkings based on the black legion ones just modifyed for more balefire like

Once your done with this project brother I have a proposition your skills are needed in the true War.

Join us and burn Terra

Part of the ship part of the crew

that depends will you still be fighting with us then?

and now for a update, a group shot of the 5 plague marines i pledged, they are all ready but sadly it turns out that the nurgle shoulder pads i planned on using are missing, thought i had more but all out, so they be fighting with one shoulder pad each.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/76D5AB6A-97C3-4B89-8BB9-63F82500ABCA.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/890B580C-0CED-4259-898B-771BEAE2F60B.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/2D0B542D-95F5-49BD-9289-FB3259D1D2A1.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/AB873968-7D80-4813-A17A-6CFD8158495E.jpg

all confused of what to field in the turnament im a bit unsure of what to use my time on, but om 95% sure ill be using atkeast 3 obliterrators.

so fished out some quick doodles and started to build the torso

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/6DDAE767-64DE-433D-B7E1-196B1A292DE7.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/91F8D8B2-CFCE-4089-876C-3FD0F8246599.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/ACE80E67-E969-4A4C-8383-35FDE2D92813.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/A8502079-D35D-493E-A4B0-036ED03F9A86.jpg

i want thise to be able to fo toe to toe with any loyalist centurions, but didnt want to jist convert centurions.

but having second thoughts about it, maybe ill end up converting those anyways

will just have to wait and see.

I think you should try it and if you aren't satisfied then try centurions, because it looks promising so far.

oh i am going to try first, planning on making a multibpart proto type, if im satisfyäied with it ill cast it and make 9 oblits

Those conversions are so cool - epsecially the terminator with mandibles. Everything looks like it could leap off the base and attack you :]

thanks, i do like converting

also looks like i started a trend, chaos lords with maces on bikes, seems like Brother Heinrich liked that one :)

well I have been considering 30k if that was what you meant Jasp.

But it will be quite a while I have many many things I want to build first.

as for squad markings, I would really appreciate it if anyone had pictures or links to where I can find inspiration for my balefire legion squad marks, for my bikes and havocs and everything.

thanks

:)

Those PMs look great and I can't wait to see where this obliterator conversion is going.

thanks, been building more plagues too, the main part of the oblits will most likely be scratchbuild, sculpt in greysuff, made myself some new tools to try out too.

Those Obliterator sketches (and the first conversion steps) look really promising. Thrilled to see where this is going! :)

thanks, really like your oblit conversions too, next step s filing it down then sculpting on it, had orginaly planed on building it feel then up, but ill staert sculpting tomorrow and will upload as soon as i have anything new :)

here we go obliterator one stepnat a time.

so srarted with one foot

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/E341CE26-2CF0-484F-A200-A07655D1702C.jpg

had ome centurion foot and terminator foot as size refrence, its not perfect but a start