Scars Episode XI Updated 16/10 (Spoilers)

God I hate the way Alpha Legion is written. I'm all for complexity and plot twists but the way they have been written, its like a convenient deus ex machina that the writers can abuse anytime they want by suddenly declaring a nearby Legionaire "I am Alpharius" and then backstab everyone, loyalists, traitors, even their own legion. Sick and tired of that bull. To me its not ingenious, its lazy writing.

I think everyone is sufficiently confused at this point Alpha Legion's stand is in all this madness. For a Legion that is supposedly secretly against chaos, they are extremely chaotic themselves. yeah they're supposed to be like Hydras, but at this point, the hydra's heads are trying to each each other, even the two biggest heads.

My only consolation is that no matter what they do, in the end the universe will be screwed anyway, along with their legion and themselves who wil be just as Chaos corrupted as any other legion.

Their Primarch is really Quentin Tarantino hence the fractured narrative we witness with them - all smells a bit Pulp Fiction to me!

God I hate the way Alpha Legion is written. I'm all for complexity and plot twists but the way they have been written, its like a convenient deus ex machina that the writers can abuse anytime they want by suddenly declaring a nearby Legionaire "I am Alpharius" and then backstab everyone, loyalists, traitors, even their own legion. Sick and tired of that bull. To me its not ingenious, its lazy writing.

I have to agree with this. Dan Abnett did a great job of introducing the Alpha Legion's core themes, but in my opinion, he didn't overdo it at the expense of making other legions look stupid.

Other writers have turned the originally cool Alphas into these "all your base our belong to us" deus ex machina marines. I'm all for convoluted schemes but there should be method to the madness. A bunch of inferior writers stirring the pot has resulted in simply madness.

Alpha Legion is becoming like M. Night Shyamalan... Lol

Ewww! Don't say that... :(

I for one like their portrayal in Legion, The Serpent Beneath and Fear to Tread.

Deliverance Lost was an abomination and was sooo dissappointing! :(

Archived