Alpha Legion 2250

Galron

This is the latest in a series of lists I have been making. So far I like this one the best. I play against 40k armies almost exclusively so keep that in mind. I went with two primary detachments as I didnt want everything to drop pod and be useless for a couple turns.

Praetor- Cata armor, paragon blade, digi weapons

Cata termy command squad-  plasmablaster, 2 combi plasmas, 3 power fists, Drop pod

Tac squad- powerfist - drop pod

Tac Squad- powerfist- drop pod

Support squad- meltas x4 drop pod

Support Squad- plasmaguns x 4 drop pod

Detachment 2

Consul- Art armor, power weapon, I think melta bombs(he is just there as an HQ, I dont have the points to make him into something cool and helpful)

Tac Squad x10 melta bomb

Tac Squad x10 melta bomb

Contemptor- 2 Kheres Assault Cannon

Heavy support squad- 5 Culverins, augery device

Heavy Support squad- 5 missile launchers, flakk, augery device

I was looking to try this out this weekend, but welcome any tweaks I can get on it beforehand. I would love to bring recon and seeker squads for fluff reasons but recon doesnt count as compulsary and seekers dont have the usefulness at this time I think to bump anyone else off the list. Feel free to prove that wrong however as I would love to have them somewhere useful.

lots of infantry - nice.

Im a bit concerned about to things:
1) having 50% droppod-borne means that you might accidently overstretch your forces, making it possible for an opponent to swiftly decimate the droppod force and pick of the other force.

2)OMPH; or more precisely the lack off it! while you have a lot of stuff that will mulch a lot of standard units in 40k, i feel the list lacks really dangerous stuff (the Kheres dread wont last long all on its own). So, i'd add more dreads, some tanks or such

As with any Legion list, points are extremely stretched. What do you recommend I drop in order to afford tanks? I could drop the Culverin squad and replace it with a pair of predators I think. The idea was to have the ground force lay down enough supressive fire to do major damage to existing forces to limit the returning damage. Off hand I cant think of how much executioner preds cost point wise but I dont think I could afford two of them but could always turn the consul into a true bare bones consul saving twentyish points.

Or drop the Contemptor completely and use it for my Space Sharks and add another Heavy support squad, autocannons or plasmacannon(if available, no book present)  and use spare points to either add guys and guys to existing squads or upgrade the Consul to a supporting role, thus making the force an almost totally vehicleless force.

Or drop contemptor and add another support squad to the primary detachment with meltas, but I think the extra heavy support squad would be more helpful.

I am trying to limit vehicles a bit since I am trying to make my Sharks be my heavy armored fist force (Spartan, 2 landraiders, Caestus, Contemptor)

Ditch the consul and take a master of signal instead; 85 points, he is a steal and can rise the BS of a single unit. Ditch the 5 man melt squad, add 5 missile dudes to the heavy support squad and give them BS 5 (omph!)
5 dudes with culverins = 3 lascannon rapiers = almost 2 autocannon+HB predators = legion vindicator + extra marines for the plasmagun squad = 1 contemptor (without fancy weapons)

I'd go for the 2 predators - gives you some nice capabilities to deal with heavy infantry/light armour and will attract some fire and can quickly (if moving flat out) get to your dropped guys..

I would get rid of the contemptor, you already have lots of anti infantry and anti flyer, as well as plenty of S6 from your volkites.

I would say a regular dreadnaught or two would actually suit your needs. They are also BS5 and can mount some nice weapons that the kheresnaught cant.

Maybe get rid of your plasma squad and your kheresnaught and replace them with one dread in a drop pod with a flamestorm cannon and CCW or chainfist with a plasma blaster, and get another one for your ground pounders with maybe a plasma cannon.

That way you can still get plenty plasma goodness thats durable, wont break the point bank, and will actually be a few points cheaper so you can fit more gadgets in.

Archived