1500pts Word Bearers - Infantry Heavy

Stumpy Heaven

Working on assembling and painting my FW Marines for use as Word Bearers in 30k and 40k.  Consequently what I buy and use list wise is dependant in part on what options are 30k/40k compatible - hence a lot of the cool FW stuff is a no go e.g. Rapier weapons batteries.

Aiming for 1500pts at 30k but looking for advice on whether the list works as Im a WHFB player and new to 30/40k.  List is for a small tournament (no comp) which will pit various traitor and loyalist legion lists against eachother using the FW rules.

Praetor (GW Chaos Lord)

w. Terminator Armour, Combi Bolter, Lightning Claw, Iron Halo, Rite of War - Armoured Spearhead

10 x Tactical Marines (MkIV Armour)

w. Vox, Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Rhino

10 x Tactical Marines (MkIII Iron Armour)

w. Vox, Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Rhino

10 x Assault Marines (MkII Armour)

w. Lightning Claw x1, Melta Bombs

5 x Heavy Support Marines

w. Auto-Cannons, Land Raider Phobos

Dreadnought Talon

w. Auto-Cannon

TOTAL 1,495 (1 x HQ, 3 x TROOP, 1 x HEAVY, 1 x ELITE)

Lord goes with Heavy Weapons guys in Land Raider

Feedback welcomed :)

Problem #1 You cant have the Assault Marines with Armored Spearhead. All infantry has to ride in vehicles to get to the battlefield.

Problem #2 Why is your HQ playing spades with the Phobos driver while the autocannon guys are out shooting things? Seems kind of a waste of points for all the gear for the guy is carrying for him not to be doing anything.

Solution- Give the autocannon squad a rhino. Replace the Assault squad with a terminator command squad with a land raider.

RE #1 - Oops didnt realise this, to me the Rite of War rule was just to allow me a non-Rhino vehicle to carry the lord around in.

RE #2 - Would like to take Terminators but would rather keep the Assault squad if I can work the points in

Would a solution for #2 be to drop the Land Raider and use the points saved taking the Rhino to add a Terminator Squad while keeping the Assault Marines?

Archived