++ Hexfleet Virules ++ (Nurgle CSM, Daemons, and R&H)

Lagrath

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally finished building, converting, sculpting, and magnetizing Gulgoth the Bloated, my Renegade Nurgle Knight! I'm waiting for Secret Weapon to release a Knight-sized "Creeping Infection" themed base. Gulgoth has 5 custom arms with 7 weapon options plus 2 different carapace weapons! Really excited to share this guy because it's the biggest conversion I've ever attempted. Can't wait until he is painted and stomping across the tabletop.

qexYvj5.jpg?1

vC5dlqf.jpg?1

3PnzzfD.jpg?1

XVhAW9h.jpg?1

Daq0hCJ.jpg?1

uGNXJVU.jpg?1

oSVW1cL.jpg?1

w7ITH8e.jpg?1

RuMKlUp.jpg?1

UuCY7Gd.jpg?1

Edited by Lagrath

Converted these Nurgle Heldrakes 5 years ago with custom legs and tails, finally had the guts to go back and do the sculpting work to finish them! Always feels so good to get an old conversion project off the to-do list. Went ahead and magnetized the maw weapons while I was at it. I love that these finally look how I always pictured the Heldrakes - real Chaos dragons swooping and gliding around the sky, instead of flat turkeys floating in water!

dZeHLXn.jpg?1

0Npjehy.jpg?1

APZ7v6M.jpg?1

kX4FTfw.jpg?1

4tjqT0d.jpg?1

Bygl1MG.jpg?1

NpPHiDm.jpg?1

1q6XzAr.jpg?1

Vl9ZYn1.jpg?1

6MKW9TY.jpg?1

qiTmssU.jpg?1

Um everything in this thread is amazing. Over and out

Thank you!!! If you have a Facebook account make sure to follow my blog there, since I can post way more updates on that page than this thread.

Unlike last year, I haven't really been posting my tournament results or battle reports. However, I've been pretty active in 8th edition, balancing my work, travel, push to finish my models for commissions, and attending ITC events. I ran 3 Lord of War Chaos lists and have taken 1st in two local tournaments, 5th in another local tournament, and 1st in a small GT (though sadly I didn't have my ITC points counted because a local TO mad a bad call after the event because he misread the codex rules and incorrectly said my list was illegal for a relic I took...c'est la vie).

After being very annoyed at what happened at that GT, yesterday I was able to attend another small GT with a very similar list and take second place despite the new ITC missions making it much harder for my army to win and max points for wins. We raised over $2,400 for charity with the GT and they'll be engraving the medals with our names on the back, so I am really pleased! Great results for the 5 events where I played Chaos.

kb2UyH8.jpg?3

Finished my Magnus conversion! I absolutely love this model and I had to figure out how to make it my own, especially since Magnus already occupies most of his base. I realized this was the perfect opportunity to use all the bits of library candles and forbidden Chaos tomes that I've collected over the years, plus some bits from the Lord of Change kit. I'm also a huge fan of his armor except for the horns, so I made some raven heads from the Imperial Knight kit to match the ravens on the center chest and the leg plates.

bJDVCwM.jpg?2

Ws3zi1o.jpg?2

Ur0FA5S.jpg?2

pWd4rCQ.jpg?2

DuDe6vR.jpg?2

I took one box of the new kit and one set of my original Nurgle Terminators and converted up 10 Blightlord Terminators with 2 Flails of Corruption and 8 Bubotic Axe + Combi-plasma. Thank goodness I had a lot of Putrid Blightknight bits waiting around! I didn't have another huge flail so I made a Nurgle Bell-flail!

CSoqVz9.jpg?1

bfElij7.jpg?1

wTDWQWU.jpg?1

n1A6CYw.jpg?1

1qHeTNX.jpg?1

RrA7ljM.jpg?1

VTHrub4.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

What third party company is that great unclean one from ????

- Glutton Daemon from Creature Caster

- Plague Hulk sword from Forge World

- Creeping Infection flyer-sized base from Secret Weapon Miniatures (superimposed on top of a blank 130mm base, with lots of greenstuff blending!)

- Nurglings mixed from the Nurgle Daemon plastic range, the old metal range, the new Death Guard range, and the Rotten Puppets from MaxMini.eu

Great conversions all round. Not overly sold on the angle of the bell-flail, maybe try and angle it outwards a bit to make it look like its got momentum.

Also the axe on the right hand terminator on the 6th pic seems the wrong way around. I would expect the axe head to face outwards after he has swung it

Brilliant work on the GUO cant fault it at all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished building all of my 8th Edition Death Guard elite characters and Plague Marines! Turned one of the Plague Marines into a custom Foul Blightspawn. Including that guy, I've now got one of each new Plague Marine model that GW created (Dark Imperium, box kit, easy to build, and the limited run web exclusives). I converted several of the Plague Marines in order to make more close combat options.

FmzaGfW.jpg?1

1o2DTeX.jpg?1

k0R6rXq.jpg?1

T1mZ6vp.jpg?1

GWKVHcT.jpg?1

While I'm happy to now own one of every new 8th Edition Plague Marine, I'm also excited to finally finish all my custom Plague Marines (including a Nurgle Chaos Lord, the "King of Rags"). Kitbashes made of parts from Chaos Space Marines, Forge World Death Guard, MaxMini.eu, SPELLCROW, and Secret Weapon Miniatures.

pFE46tj.jpg?1

jRJwYLj.jpg?1

JUn341A.jpg?1

TrBkHQX.jpg?1

ZYtml7t.jpg?1

• 4 weeks later...

I was always disappointed that there wasn't a specific Palanquin of Nurgle kit so I decided to just sculpt my own for a custom Epidemius or Nurgle Sorcerer on Palanquin! Remind me to never again do a conversion that's almost entirely Nurgle sculpting work!

qY6SBEq.jpg?1

tDLlyVy.jpg?1

04t4Wmw.jpg?1

UUbzQOQ.jpg?1

DMnSM0x.jpg?1

w6UwS1E.jpg?1