I didn't finish the bolter Death Company or Lemartes, but did finish the Stormraven, a Reclusiarch and Astaroth. I have excuses, but none of them can replace the shame of failing Sanguinius with paint. 

I will be able to finish them in a few weeks though, when the apartment moving is done. And then, a penitent crusade shall be embarked on!

Badge added to signature.

Oh dear.  This is just a sign that vowing to paint by a certain date doesn't work for me. :confused: Perhaps some battle-sister encouragement would help... something about getting my bolter going?  Too bad I have to wear black now.  Bummer.

So what if your Sisters of Battle think they're Sanguinius?  Just call your army the Order of the Black Rage, painted as if they were Death Company.  Although in universe most survivors who ask what Order they belong to would be lead to believe it to be the Order of IT'S HORUS, KILL HIM!

A few hours I said. Now I know how Lemartes feels when being revived after days in the sarcophagus.... Late to an appointment.:whistling:  

After three months of work in our beloved hobby the dust is finally settling. We are in total 29 who set out to promote the glory of Sanguinius and our Legion. These are the 14 who finished what they started.

5. Vows. 

xmerc.

3. Vows.

Crusader Bob.

Gondow.

2. Vows. 

MadGreek.

Taranis.

1. Vow. 

FashaTheDog.

Kanis.

Papa Lazarou.

Pyro X.

SnorriSnorrison.

Sockwithaticket.

The Milkman Of Baal.

t4play.

Wolf_pack.

These are the Champions of our chapter, with xmerc leading the charge.  

Half of those who started did not complete their first vow, and Zynk Kaladin, who has made our completion badges, has failed to complete his second vow.:HQ:  

However what wasn't done is unimportant compared to what was done.

xmerx left everybody behind with his number of vows and others showed amazing skills and dedication to their Brothers. Especially Snorrisnorrisons freehand on his Stormraven will be something I'll keep remembering.

Amongst us was some who painted yellow and not red or black. I found them so inspiring with their results and advice that I too dared try. 3 years ago I'd laugh at anyone who would claim I would ever care more for the painting aspect than strictly tabletop standard. How thing evolve.

For me the greatest succes of this 3 month "ordeal" is the amount of support, advice and inspiration that has been shared. That was the main motivator for me to start this up. We Blood Angels need inspiration and motivation in this early part of the 21st century as we, the children of the most favored Son of The Emperor, fights on in the harsh light of 6th edition and the debilitating yet sparkling new codex's.

If Zynk Kaladin can spare the time I would ask him to modify the completion badge for xmerc as I believe it very clear he's the champion of the From Rage To Salvation. 5 vows made for much painting but also much activity in the thread to give and recieve good advice and encouragement.:thumbsup: 

There are those who completed and then there are those who fell short. Nothing was promised as to how to redeem the unthinkable: The failing to deliver on one's promises.

I'll not be putting on my Astorath armour tonight and stalk the unfortunate ones. Their salvation must come from themselves as Mephiston and Lemartes (more or less) has shown us.

The penance will be for you to complete your initial vow and expand it with a single model, who must still be of the Great Angels lineage, but a model from another chapter.

Fleshtearers could do a Lamenter or Angels Sanguine etc.

For Zynk Kaladin it could be the above mentioned badge modification or the single model option.

Preferrably to be completed before this year runs out of days. That would new years eve.:ph34r.:  

A big thank you goes to teblin for his two narrative pieces of writing. If we're lucky we might get a last one.:wub.:  

He got bogged down by exams and real life.

And a big thank you to Zynk Kaladin for the great Badges of both dread and joy. They are top notch.:thumbsup: 

Also Captain Semper must be named as he was a great help and support in the planning stages of this event.

He's a busy man in many good ways.:wub.: 

Any questions, comments or suggestions please feel free to post or PM. :yes: 

Thank you all for being part of this, the Blood Angels Board and our Brotherhood of Angels.

The Emperor protects.

If Zynk Kaladin can spare the time I would ask him to modify the completion badge for xmerc as I believe it very clear he's the champion of the From Rage To Salvation. 5 vows made for much painting but also much activity in the thread to give and recieve good advice and encouragement.:thumbsup: 

I accept!

xmercx, in the interest of my own laziness  thoughtfulness, I'll let you decide what you want on your badge!  One obvious condition: it has to be BA or BA successor related.

So what if your Sisters of Battle think they're Sanguinius?

Like this? :wub.:

Little did we know that Saint Celestine is one of those notorious women astartes.  More specifically she's a Blood Angel fallen to the Black Rage... seems legit.

I accept!

xmercx, in the interest of my own laziness thoughtfulness, I'll let you decide what you want on your badge! One obvious condition: it has to be BA or BA successor related.

>So what if your Sisters of Battle think they're Sanguinius?

Like this? :wub.:

Little did we know that Saint Celestine is one of those notorious women astartes. More specifically she's a Blood Angel fallen to the Black Rage... seems legit.

I like the over all look of the current one, other then maybe working in forum champion (maybe in place of the vow complete?) or the incorporation of my chapter symbol which is basically a blood drop over an iron halo (similar to nova marines but with a blood drop instead of a skull). Best pic I have of that is my banner (still trying to figure out how to do it on shoulder pads)

gallery_33706_8353_424790.jpg

I like the over all look of the current one, other then maybe working in forum champion (maybe in place of the vow complete?) or the incorporation of my chapter symbol which is basically a blood drop over an iron halo (similar to nova marines but with a blood drop instead of a skull). Best pic I have of that is my banner (still trying to figure out how to do it on shoulder pads)

like that banner very nice And "well done" on vow

gallery_33706_8353_424790.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

When this event first began I volunteered to write an accompanying fanfiction named From Rage Unto Salvation (the source of this event's title) including participants and their characters as members of the story.

Unfortunately due to the large number of participants I was unable to keep up with it all, and due to other commitments was no longer able to continue instalments.

However, I'm willing to pick up where I left off and try to resume the tale. This is where you lot come in!

If you would like one of the units (it can be a character, a squad, a vehicle, anything) you have entered into this event to be included in the Salvation story, please PM me with the name of your miniature (e.g. Captain Tycho, Squad Tigris, Dreadnought Horatio etc.), a brief description of that unit (their role on the battlefield, the weapons they prefer to use) and I'll try to weave them into the story.

My only stipulation is that the unit must have been an entry into this particular event.

Cheers fellas!

Edited by teblin

Must they have been part of a vow that was completed on time?  I'm about to submit my final vow pictures ... as I failed to finish on time, but am nearly complete now.

No, as long as they were part of a vow for this event. That's the only rule :pirate:

Edited by teblin

Sounds good to me. It may be an old thread but the people of the present remember the heroes of the past. It will be a good closing of the event. :tu:

Sounds good to me. It may be an old thread but the people of the present remember the heroes of the past. It will be a good closing of the event. :thumbsup:

Taranis, the ETL demands your presence!

Your request has been hear.:-) lets go get them.

Remember ONE man doesn't do enough to best the other factions. It takes the effort if every ONE OF US.:-)

Remember ONE man doesn't do enough to best the other factions. It takes the effort if every ONE OF US.:-)

I think steve shields is trying to make a liar out of you:

Here it is, everyone ready and primed. Starting on the puppies later today.

10269295_10152409880909467_8487701613486

I think steve shields is trying to make a liar out of you:

Here it is, everyone ready and primed. Starting on the puppies later today.

10269295_10152409880909467_8487701613486

That's a lot of minis. Let's hope he completes it. The picture taken after will be even more impressive than the before picture...

• 3 months later...