Jolemai

I have heard a rumor about a, Bull Ogryn. I do hope  that there will be an upgrade to the, Ogryn. 

Maybe it will be some viable option for close combat? I can only hope. Maybe time to buy Centaurs.

uberwolve, on 08 Mar 2014 - 07:42, said:snapback.png

I can't see a time when I would ever use a Chimera as an assault vehicle...Or a reason to.

Death Korps would adore making the Storm Chimera an assault vehicle. That WS4 does truly make all the difference and the sight of Assault Marines losing combat to mere Guardsmen is a disheartening sight for many of my foes.

I'm not against an assault by Guardsmen. Far from it. What I was getting at saw that a single squad in chimera would turn into no less then 3 single squads. I'm not saying I am against the option to assault from the transport either.

But if this "new transport carries more the 10 to 12 models then better still. In fact if is can carry more models then we may have an insight to a few other infantry platoon uses. That implies to me that we may not loose infantry blobing And were still looking at 20 or more joes rushing in for close combat. (I likes my 3 to 1 odds, lol.)

After all it's always going to be about setting the odds in our favor through fire power.

I guess we will see when it happens.

I don't think this has been posted yet:

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y445/azrealxiii/024117e0d5ace9798e891d9f14bf6bc9_zpsfe52ffde.jpg

Here comes the military of the galatic south then from the troop descriptions.

Redneck IG? biggrin.png

Is that why they need the riot van?

Yeah, the spure comes with an optional shotgun rack for the back of the tank.biggrin.png

So maybe next week's WD going by the pre-order dates. That way they can feature some of kits on their site and the other kits in the following week.

Still a crap name though.

Edit:

Speaking of the name. Militarum Tempestus suggests that this is either a new codex or codex line where each Segmentum will get its own codex (which is pretty silly).

Or GW has offically gone mad.

Edit 2:

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/imperial-guard-leaks-are-here-militarum.html

So maybe next week's WD going by the pre-order dates. That way they can feature some of kits on their site and the other kits in the following week.

Still a crap name though.

Edit:

Speaking of the name. Militarum Tempestus suggests that this is either a new codex or codex line where each Segmentum will get its own codex (which is pretty silly).

Or GW has offically gone mad.

Actally, I think this is a couple of weeks out. This is the preorders that go up the 26th, so slightly over 2 weeks from now. There may be a missing week of releases. This also looks like a stormtrooper codex. Note the vehicle is for two units, one Militarum Tempestus , one Astra Militarum. 

Might just be me but does anyone else think  the Taurox was a vehicle meant for Orks? Reminds me more of their vehicles then Imperial Guards.

It does have the right shape for it. But the Green Skins loot, I'd say more then they build from a template.

It reminds me of an armoured snow cat mixed with parts of a half track. If it had wheels and not tracks I would like it a lot more.

Also I would be even happier if they had a guardsmen next to it for scale. 

IG did have storm trooper companies in second edition. Doing it again maybe?

We have more! Take a look at this stuff: http://millests.blogspot.jp/

Since there is so much hitting us I'll organize my opinion on each of them.

Codex Astra Militarum: Namechange... whatever XD Makes no differance at all. But the artwork is damned nice. Just what I wanted at least.

Codex Militarum Tempestus: So... a supplement for only one of the segmentums? O.o Odd but why not. Though rather I think it is Tempestus as in Storm, so Militarum Tempestus=Storm Trooper supplement. Would make a lot more sense. Seems like there will be a focus on storm/space troopers in it. Or are they some kind of arabites? Either way, looks cool and I'd love to read it.

Tempestus Scions: The kit looks really nice from what I can tell (based on the blogspot pic) and makes me think that the Tempestus refers to the Storm in stormies^^ There seems to be a lot of nice carapace on them, they do carry hotshot lasguns/hellguns and a commandsquad in the pack just gives more lovely bits!^^

The Taurox: .... What... er... I... I can kinda like it... In a way. But who the hex gave it tracks? XD That must be one of the worst design choices I have ever seen. The whole Riot Truck feel isn't too bad. But gwad... tracks. Slap some big wheels on and it will look fine though I think.

So next week is Storm Trooper supplement and stormies. Then after that the guard starts hitting? Yay, more stuff!

Might just be me but does anyone else think  the Taurox was a vehicle meant for Orks? Reminds me more of their vehicles then Imperial Guards.

Pretty sure that the Taurox is COBRA's take on an MRAP.

Good job getting that to us Excessus, you are a gentleman and a scholar - for the rest of you here's the Rumours section topic on it. A friend texted me some of the pictures this morning so I've had time to ruminate on them.

It looks like the allies codex with the Stormies... er, Scions in is legitimate so that's interesting. I assume the Taupox (new official name to be used from now on) is part of that. I'm guessing they're part of the IG codex though, otherwise they're not properly IG units so I'll feel robbed of some of our new releases.

The Scions are great and I'm keen to get some, but the trukk I man Taupox is a bit disappointing. It could do with a bit of modding to work, but at the moment I'm finding it difficult to see past the silly tracks it has. Hopefully someone will photoshop it so we can have a better starting point. Maybe it it was a half-track and the tracks weren't so tall...

I get the feeling there might be some shifts in the fluff for this, looking at the heraldry and that. We'll have to see what happens, be vigilant and report back all sightings to High Command!

Yes, I too am disappointed in the truck. I can't see it fitting in alongside Russes and Chimeras. Perhaps a camo scheme will help... I hope the rules for it don't make it a begrudging `must have`.

The scions are okay. I'm sure a closer look/more images will excite me more. I'll get one squad and kitbash in elements to make them fit with my army.

The C:AM looks great with the commissar on the cover. Very nice work there!

Now show us the artillery!!! :D

I will say I am impressed. Looking at the miniatures and knowing that GW is no longer using metal for it's mini's their are some gems in here. the coms guy for one and the grenade guy, even the leader guy. I am starting to think some of those may be push togethers.

I really like the Truck. It even looks like it has a twin linked chain gun in the turret. But I am wondering if it's too small to be a punisher cannon. Over all I wish it at least had big oll' tires in the front. and hot 2 sets of tracks. I am also wondering what the rest of it looks like. If it's able to have a an open back end or not? I'm wondering if artillery could be mounted behind the cab...  All the best ideas the Green Skins would have but imperial and safe!

And on that note of comparison.. If and it's a big if here the back compartment can be made to be open topped, well boys and squirrels there is your assault vehicle!

This does seem to me to have a maximum carry of about 20 much like the blasphemous Battle Wagon. And if I am correct that could work out to a full 10 Ogryn assaulting out! 

I really like the scions aka stormtroopers. I am pretty excited about the stormy supplement I recently got like 40 of them from ebay and I'll probably be getting at least 2 boxes of the new ones. With good rules it could be cool to field an army of them.

The truck thing is terribad. Im glad some people like it but I'll never buy one. I really hope we get our arty models and the dont look anything like that thing or its back to ebay and conversions for me.

I see some nice possibilities in that halftrack :)

Remove the forward tracks, replace them with wheels and halve the rear tracks

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2cTDG9jPuy8/TKjHU7IVwpI/AAAAAAAABNw/E6PrB8JXZlU/s1600/DSCF0795.jpg

Also those storm troopers...35 euro's for that?!?!

I'll order some miniatures from victoria miniatures thank you

I would love to see the options on the Scions. They look awesome, but I am of the minority who would have to convert them to to look more Kasrkin. The armored truck...I guess that's the big "armored transport". Thing looks like its got TL auto/assault cannons, I could see it running in, shooting off something and spewing assaulty units.

now that there are better pictures available i can say only 1 thing, i'm totally unimpressed by both the tauros and the scion sculpts,especially after the knight titans! i'm also not that impressed by the codex artwork either. too much computermade in my opinion and different from the classical codex artwork!

Archived