Horus Heresy Schemes And Speculations (spoilers)

Wade Garrett

I just finished reading Mark of Calth, and now I feel the need to make a list of all the convoluted plots and plotters currently at work in the HH series.

(Feel free to speak up if I leave anyone out)

The Cabal: Claim to want to defeat Chaos by helping Horus win the Heresy.

Erebus: Intends to bring about the ascendancy of Chaos by winning the Heresy.

Alpharius/Omegon: One's working to help Horus, the other is secretly pro Emperor. Or possibly the other way around. Might be working with the Cabal. Or not.

Ollanus Pious: A Perpetual, heading towards Terra through space and time with a mysterious ritual knife. Seems to be planning on helping Emps in the battle with Horus. SEEMS.

Damon Prytanis: Perpetual. Rescued the revived Cyrene from Lorgar's flagship. Motives and allegiance unknown.

Malcador: the Sigilite. Moving pawns on the chessboard to arrange a victory over Chaos.

Lorgar Aurelian: Primarch of the Word Bearers. Working to win the Heresy. Maybe. Manipulated Angron, interaction with Horus in Betrayer suggests he's up to something.

Roboute Guilliman: Primarch of the Ultramarines. Wants the Imperium to survive, Lorgar's head on a spike. Recruited Iron Hands and loyalist Iron Warriors for his plans. More details forthcoming in Unremembered Empire.

Unknown: Faceless figure who met with the witch who helped Erebus turn Horus on Davin. Could be any of the above except Erebus in disguise.

I just finished reading Mark of Calth, and now I feel the need to make a list of all the convoluted plots and plotters currently at work in the HH series.

(Feel free to speak up if I leave anyone out)

The Cabal: Claim to want to defeat Chaos by helping Horus win the Heresy.

Erebus: Intends to bring about the ascendancy of Chaos by winning the Heresy.

Alpharius/Omegon: One's working to help Horus, the other is secretly pro Emperor. Or possibly the other way around. Might be working with the Cabal. Or not.

Ollanus Pious: A Perpetual, heading towards Terra through space and time with a mysterious ritual knife. Seems to be planning on helping Emps in the battle with Horus. SEEMS.

Damon Prytanis: Perpetual. Rescued the revived Cyrene from Lorgar's flagship. Motives and allegiance unknown.

Malcador: the Sigilite. Moving pawns on the chessboard to arrange a victory over Chaos.

Lorgar Aurelian: Primarch of the Word Bearers. Working to win the Heresy. Maybe. Manipulated Angron, interaction with Horus in Betrayer suggests he's up to something.

Roboute Guilliman: Primarch of the Ultramarines. Wants the Imperium to survive, Lorgar's head on a spike. Recruited Iron Hands and loyalist Iron Warriors for his plans. More details forthcoming in Unremembered Empire.

Unknown: Faceless figure who met with the witch who helped Erebus turn Horus on Davin. Could be any of the above except Erebus in disguise.

I took it to be Lorgar who met the witch, been awhile since I read it so can't give exact reason at the moment, but have a feeling Lorgar tells Erebus it was him who met her....will give it a re-read though I'm fairly sure it was mentioned or at least alluded to, something that Lorgar knew the whole time

There is that short story in one of the (collective short story books) where the shape-shifting creature has the DNA of one of the Custodes, enabling it to 'be' the Custode - I always thought there might be more to come in that respect.

He also created the ''Imperium Secundus'' something referred to as ''treacherous'' by various parties, including Guilliman himself.

Methinks that Guilliman's desire for an empire might not be the Lion's paranoid ramblings.

It's a tad far reached and only recently wormed it's way into my head, but after re-reading Vulkan Lives and getting some idea about the mission of John Grammaticus, it occurs to me that Ol may be carrying his little "item" from Calth for the purpose of helping JG carry out that mission. If you're prepared to believe "his grace is bound to the earth" goes a bit further than dirt

Archived