Quotes that Struck you from the Heresy Series

Emperor's Furor

I've just started reading Horus Rising again, it's been a long time since I'd read it and I thought I'd reacquaint myself with it again and I came across a line from Sindermann that I thought, although simple, was quite poignant, to the series It was this:

"We are mighty because we are right, Garviel. We are not right because we are mighty. Vile the hour when that reversal becomes our credo"

That to me sums up the difference between the fundamental basic beliefs of the Loyalists and the Traitors.

What are some of the quotes or passages from the series that struck a note with you?

"Our names may be forgotten, and our bones crumble to dust, but our deaths will echo through the millennia to come." - Saul Tartvitz.

One of my favorite quotes, from Galaxy in Flames, and one of the reasons why Isstvan III is IMO one of the most dramatic and heroic events of the HH.

EDIT: grammar...

"He wanted you to feel the ideals of the past dying in your hands. He wanted you to look it in the eye as you killed it. He wanted you to realize  that you two are much alike, still, Rogal Dorn."

with a close second from the same.

"I have seen the future and it is dead"

The Last Rememberancer rocks me to my core. It is the tragedy of the Heresy, in a short story.

Here's another Sevatar quote:

'Is that a real question?' Sevatar asked at last.

'Of course it is. How do we get out of here?'

'The same way we do everything Pinkie*brother. By killing whoever tries to stop us.'

*Have to admit, it does kind of remind you of

NARF!

Here is one Im hoping happens

*Sigismund and Khârn come face to face at Terra*

*Insert awesome A D-B narration about brothers forced against one another by loyalty and honor*

Sigismund removes his helmet, unclasps his cloak, and activates the Black Sword reluctantly. Khârn throws his helmet to the side and revs Gorechild. Both warriors render a salute. 

Khârn simply says, 'Sanguis Extremis'

*Insert Awesome A D-B duel scene*

Sigismund runs Khârn through the hearts and Khârn looks at him and says, 'I'm glad it was you, brother', and dies for the first time.

Sigismund lays his body down and folds Kharns arms across his chest in the traditional Templar burial pose and walks away into the dust. 

Edit: Also, in place of 'Im glad it was you', maybe 'He was my father' in a knowing moment of explanation for why Khârn would follow Angron into treason. 

"But he would not harm her. He could, but he would not. The wrath, born from nowhere, faded in The face of this realization. He was not enslaved to his feral needs, despite their urgent strength.

He would never abandon his brothers, or shirk from Lorgar's vision. Everything was a choice, and he would choose to suffer through this as the Primarch had intended for him, carrying the changes so others would never have to. Humanity would live on through the strength of the chosen few."

And that's why I'm a Word Bearer. Possessed Argel Tal is best Possessed.

"Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war. Always remember that, my son. It is like a cancer that gnaws away all that was once good in a man. To send men to their death's without noble purpose and consign those you fight against to the grave is a burden no man can bear and no man should forgive. Fight when you must, but wield the power of your Legion with a solemn heart. The beast of war does not return to its iron cage until it has sated its hunger in the blood of the innocent."

The Emperor

Hi, this is not a quote per se, but a snapshot of a conversation between a Wolf Lord of the Space Wolves and Kasper Hawser, an innocent guy who was secretly implanted as a Chaos agent.

"The 6th Legion has a reputation." said Bear.
"All the Legions Astartes have reputations," replied Hawser.
"Not like ours," said Ogvai "We are known for our ferocity. We are thought to be feral and undisciplined. Even brother Legions consider us to be wild and bestial."
"And you're not ?" asked Hawser.
"If we need to be," said Ogvai. "but if that was our natural state, we'd all be dead by now."
He leaned down towards Hawser like a parent addressing a child.
"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

I know there's a lot of hate for Prospero Burns, but personally I find it no less interesting than any other HH books, if only because it adds a whole new dimension for the Space Wolves which goes beyond "drunken space vikings who become werewolves"

Kol, stop taking all the good VIII Legion quotes!!

So now mini rant is done, small selection since I can't decide which affected me the most

"But they were our brothers" - Horus Aximand

"I die in the shadow of great wings, not here. Not here" - Argel Tal

They will come here, to Terra, and I will kill them - Sigismund (not so much a quote as a thought)

"What I do from this moment on Autarch, I do for the Emperor" - Alpharius

Archived