Digital codex?

Fibonacci

Whoops... yeah, he meant diameter.  Sorry... that's what I get for trying to post while helping my wife make a pair of caramel apple pies, cleaing the house, and minding 3 kids...

Heh.  I mean a 48" diameter zone of vehicles staying out, a 24" diameter zone of vehicles turn into slag.  Don't underestimate the firepower of even just 4 shots with S8 AP1 when 2 to 3 hull points of damage (even glances) trashes a vehicle.

Melta-Rets should be pretty cool, but I think the Dominion squad sort of outclasses this, given most tanks that you'd want to kill are generally long range.  The threat radius is good, but as noted their Act of Faith is sort of pointless except sort of against AV14 when shooting at long range, or if you have enough bolters in the squad to justify using the act to take out close proximity heavy armor.

At a tangent, I could potentially see a full 10-Sister squad of Retributors loaded with Heavy Flamers being quite amusing when triggering their Act of Faith.

has anyone else noticed how sisters now have relics, but unlike relics of other imperial armies like space marines and dark angels, we are limited on only one relic per character, and one of each per army list.   Not that it is bad, but with space marines basically capable of taking multiple relics on the same character, but no more than one of each relic per army, they can create a pretty nasty combat character with good survivability, but us sisters have to decide, do we take a relic that packs a punch, or makes us eternal warriors, or reroll armor saves ect ect, since we can't seem to stack them on a single model like other armies.   Wonder if that was an oversight or are we looking at a future FAQ for relics in other army lists where they will eventually get nerfed to one relic per character. 

has anyone else noticed how sisters now have relics, but unlike relics of other imperial armies like space marines and dark angels, we are limited on only one relic per character, and one of each per army list.  

Every army is restricted to one each per army list since they're unique items. Where are you seeing we are limited to one relic per character?

Every army is restricted to one each per army list since they're unique items. Where are you seeing we are limited to one relic per character?

From the new 'dex.  "Ecclessiarchy Relics.   A model can take one of the following.  Only one of each Ecclesiarchy Relic can be taken per army."

Either poor wording in a poorly worded 'dex, or intentional design to nerf sisters even more for some reason.  Either way, that's the rules.

yep, that is the line I am refering to, when you look under relics it lists it as you can only take one of the following, then states the uniqueness per army.  Unlike in spacemarines, when you take a relic from their list, it says that only one of each relic may be taken per army, and that a model can replace one weapon with the following.  That means for marines, they can take 3, a weapon, the storm shield relic, and the armor.   Sisters can only take one of the following per character period.  We can't stack up a weapon with a cape or mantle.  we have to basically choose...the weapon swaps, or a cape/mantle, or the book/litanies.   The only other acception is that the canoness can only be given the blade, but we can't pimp her our with anything else if we do take it.  

exactly...did we just get nerfed, or is a nerf coming to other armies with relics in a future FAQ.   Probably just sisters getting the nerf bat since we are so closely related to the fate of the squats as it is.  We are the only direct order army, so since no one can get a sisters army unless they buy the digital dex and order the models direct (or expensive ebay option), then no one else will see the relic differences. 

Yeah I agree that a FAQ should be coming soon.

Consider the Condemnor Boltgun.... original wording in GK codex had perils applied on hit, then the WD sisters codex came out and changed it to be on successful wound, and GK codex was FAQ to match.  Now we get the original GK wording, but GK keep the FAQ?!?!  GW has been good about bringing same name items in line across each codex.

So one of the 2 is going to get changed.... and my money is on our codex getting brought back in line with Codex GK.

Crap, you're right about the one per character thing. This has to be a poor writing oversight, because none of the other armies work this way.

While there seems to be some fuss about this since the new SM dex, every other dex so far imho works that way and I've never met anyone who's played it differently. So I don't see the problem here.

Probably the original intention but the wording was wrong in other codices? It wouldn't be the first time there was some poor wording that leads to mix ups. I don't see why it could be an issue though, if someone wants to spend mega points on a character to make them good what's wrong with that?

I've not had the time to go through the codex in close detail yet but like others have said it seems like as much as it gives it takes away. So probably more of a sidestep than anything else which is disappointing. I'm not sure why the AoF needed such a drastic change, they've been reduced to a mere bonus rather than a functional part of the army. Along with the changes to the individual acts too, which seem to be mostly changes for the worse?

yep, use to be acts of faith, now its...act-o-faith lol     they could have made a better system, on top of that, if they are reducing it to once a game, then they could have reduced the squad cost a little, these are IG stats in power armor with bolters, marines got a great points break, they keep getting cheaper, but sisters aren't getting cheaper or better, but the price is staying the same.  

yep, use to be acts of faith, now its...act-o-faith lol     they could have made a better system, on top of that, if they are reducing it to once a game, then they could have reduced the squad cost a little, these are IG stats in power armor with bolters, marines got a great points break, they keep getting cheaper, but sisters aren't getting cheaper or better, but the price is staying the same.  

Not quite Guardsman stats in power armour with bolters ... they have +1 BS, +1 Ld, a 6+ invulnerable save, a bolt pistol, krak grenades, and Acts of Faith. And Guardsman haven't gotten cheaper, either -- I think they're the same price since 3rd Ed. Viewed in a vacuum, regular Space Marines may be underpriced, I don't know, but taking all options into consideration,  I believe some Marine heavy support choices went up in price actually.

I actually think that GW's balancing isn't terrible just based on how EVERYONE is dissatisfied with their armies. I see lots of complaints on the Space Marine and Chaos Marine boards as well so to me that's an indication that the pricing is probably about right or not too far off.

Yeah, true they have a few better stats, guess the price isn't so much of an issue as just not having any new models, plastics, or any new units, yet alone a real official dex to bring the girls out of direct order

CSM has a similar restriction (though some people argue it only applies to the weapon relics, it is effectively the same.

Well, the wording for the Relic section for CSM is the same as it is for C:SM - "A model can replace one weapon with one of the following." So if it really does mean that you can only indeed do one swap, then those two codices are no better off than Sisters in that regard. And this could be argued to be the case since it says "one weapon" rather than "a weapon." For my C:SM characters it doesn't matter much, as taking two would be too expensive anyway, but it is of concern when I've been planning to run my Juggerlord with Burning Brand + AoBF. But as it tends to be with these things, different people have different interpretations and GW doesn't want to clarify :P

Archived