Digital codex?

Fibonacci

I don't really want to see a digital version of the white dwarf article unless its updated and free. To charge me for what I have in the white dwarf as yet another stop gap list will really be upsetting. That being said, if and when they give the sister an official codex again with new plasitc models , I will be dropping my marines on a very back burner for sure and invest into adding onto my 1k points of metal sisters. Right now, I am the only one at my local store who has a sisters army and the few times I brought them up, everyone kept asking what army is that? The problem now is the models are direct only with rules no one has access to that is from a previous edition and was really fleshed out. Most people may have seen them In the rule book but never I a store or i real life. When people see the models, they love how they look but they won't invest cause its so hard to acquire a full Army and many would rather support their local hobby store than order from direct order.

What else is that whe. I do play against people, they honestly don't know what to expect, because they don,t know the rules for the army, not sure what each unit does, and they get shocked that everything sister including vehicles gets an invunerable save. The couple of games that I played I won because my opponent honestly didn't know what to expect for each unit or what was best to take email out till after e first turn really got rolling, even though I told them they were IG stats with marine bs , weaponry and power army with a limitation to bolter, flames and melts with the occasional plasma pistol.

So if gw expects people to buy a line that no one has access to and keep saying it doesn't sell or move then that is only their problem that they created by not making it a front line army for 4th onward.

Even when they were first released, they were nearly impossible to get hold of... local newsagents might have a box or two of necron Raiders (the release that came after them), but almost never anything for the Sisters.

I would be extrodinarily disappointed if Sisters were the dawn of Digital Only material. I like, nay, near require, my games in hard copy.

Having experienced MULTIPLE instances where my computer crashed and forced me to reformat the damn thing- deleting everything I had in its memory, and then downloading what I saved onto an external hard drive, which may not be as up-to-date as I liked- I second that.

I agree with Eddie, you don't even need to check those links to find things fishy about it. I don't think it's true and even if it is it doesn't seem like anything to get excited about, partially because it's not clear exactly what it is doing.

For example does this replace the WD codex? So I have to buy a codex for what is just at best a tweak of the rules and some warlord traits? Can I just have an FAQ instead? Too many questions even if this is true.

I agree with Eddie, you don't even need to check those links to find things fishy about it. I don't think it's true and even if it is it doesn't seem like anything to get excited about, partially because it's not clear exactly what it is doing.

For example does this replace the WD codex? So I have to buy a codex for what is just at best a tweak of the rules and some warlord traits? Can I just have an FAQ instead? Too many questions even if this is true.

These are my thoughts aswell.

I do not want to be 'forced' to fork out for the same thing with easily FAQ'able warlord traits just to be allowed to play my sisters in official circles.

If they changed more stuff, then I'd rather they didn't bother, and simply made a full new codex in the normal manner.

If they haven't changed anything, and it is merely a digital release of the WD one, then at least I am happy in that new players can FINALLY get the rules without resorting to piracy. 

So it is either a step in the right direction, a well-intentioned blunder or it is simply a fake and we needn't get worked up :p

While I scrape together evidence against this, wasn't there a similar 'leak' from 4chan a little while ago that eventually came to light as a hoax when the HFSE pointed the community at an obscure board where the members were braggng about having one over on the 'rubes' that are the greater community. Anecdotal and circumstancial, but this has a very similar 'feel' to it.

The most recent Guard rumours not only lack a source, but also bear a striking resemblance to what we were discussing on the B&C Guard section. I'd like to believe they're not related, especially since it was very clear we weren't talking about rumours... ermm.gif

That's how the rumour mill seems to go now, a bit like the Wild West; lots of people running around shooting their little guns from the hip so the sensible thing to do is sit at the bar and wait for the dust to settle. Doesn't mean you can't comment on which one has the best odds or laugh at the stupid ones though laugh.png

When I saw the pic posted up, the wording and pics reminded me of an old WD issue when the DElf  painting guide was released years ago and they don't mention the new DElf models at all, so I am skeptical until Saturday when I get the new WD, hoping for the best but not getting ahead of it as Furyou Miko and Warriorfish said.

Interestingly though. It says that the sisters codex has been updated for 6th, with a warlord table.

However the Blood Angels version, which is announced below it makes no such claim. I'm sure they wouldn't be any point in releasing it for the BA if they hadn't updated it too. Weird.

Lol. Yeah my profile pic and name don't help my case do they. Am I allowed to snap a pic from a different angle and post it? Or will I get a slap on the wrist for it?

I'll happily do it, but don't want to get myself or the forum in trouble.

The goal of that rule is to maintain compliance with copyright laws. Fair use is a long established docterin, and producing an excerpt for discussion is part of that dispensation. You can argue over how much is allowed under that docterin, but I think you can be safe with part of one page.

Assuming you're saying sooth. Havign reviewed your posting history around here you were briefly active circa this time last year before 'going dark'. I'd characterise the content as 'shallow', at least as far as conveying in depth understanding of factional issues and history, and thus easily faked. You could be complicit in this and a 'long game troll'. Also given the timing point I assume your a post-secondary student who's lurking on the web before the mixers start and studying gets intense. What's your major? Did you have a good summer vacation?

I guess what it comes down to is your word doesn't mean much to me.

Archived