Digital codex?

Fibonacci

It hasn't been officially published yet. ...

Assuming he got it in ordinary mail as a subscriber, I'd argue that it's been published and distributed and is now a fair target for review. I'd have to review the terms of a WD subscription, but I don't recall any special restrivtive covenents about not talking about it prior to release date.

Exactly why I paused Max, but thank you for posting constructively, while not quite as bombastically as Eddie. yes.gif

Thanks for the enquiry Eddie, but no summer holiday this year. My Major was mechanical engineering, but we don't really call them Major’s over here in the UK (at least not when I did my degree). Still I love the effort that went into that deduction. Bravo. What is yours?

I love that you think that someone would go to the effort of spending a year planning such a pointless hoax. I would hope that nobody would go to that much effort for something so absurd. Still I guess you would know better than I. As you said my forum experience is limited compared to yours. I have to admit my enthusiasm for this part of the hobby ebbs and flows and my forum activity along with it. Still it has held a part of my attention for over 20 years so just goes to show what a great hobby it is.

Whether you believe me or not I am very excited by the impending codex, even if it is just a revision of the WD codex for 6th edition. So for the time being I'll continue to soak up the enthusiasm on the forums and enjoy the buzz of the speculation.

I’m hopeful for the warlord traits, a reroll of the faith points would be nice. I also hope that they do make some small additional changes. At least it’d be good if the celestian’s or the canoness got a tweak. It would probably be fair if Celestine got a price bump too (although Ihope she doesn't).

My Major was mechanical engineering, but we don't really call them Major’s over here in the UK (at least not when I did my degree). Still I love the effort that went into that deduction. Bravo. What is yours?

I graduated some time ago, but I currently practice as a Mechanical Engineer.

As for pointless hoax, well, I've seen considerably more effort go into less lulz than setting up a sleeper account somewhere and using it opportunistically to support a later action. I've done things like that in the past in other locations when I was a student with too much time on my hands. Now I'm an adult with too much time on my hands and I squander it in different ways, like posting bombastically. It's behaviour that fits the pattern of an already suspicious document, not a lot of front end investment in a handful of posts and a digital note to go back somewhere.

Don't forget where Eddie likes to hang out, such rigorous investigation and suspicion is normal round here :P

We'll see in a couple of days so it doesn't really matter. Well, other people will as I'll be busy on Saturday - I really need to find more time for the hobby :(

I graduated some time ago, but I currently practice as a Mechanical Engineer.

Cool. Glad to meet a fellow engineer.

I apologise for acting so suspiciously :-) as it's already been pointed out I'm sure my account name and picture don't help! Still the Aeropig is just a reference to the industry I work in (aerospace not porcine) and has been a pseudonym since the nineties.

Still you'll hopefully be a little less misstrusting of flying pigs in a few days. Although I hope the codex is released at the beginning of the month too. As I'm not very patient and I'm far too excited to wait too far into the month.

Now I'm suspicious of Eddie lol.

... Now I'm suspicious of Eddie lol.

Only fair. I endevour to have my posts stand on their own merits so this shouldn't be too much of a burden, but I'll submit that if you were to dig through my back catalogue of posts you find enough stuff that it'd take a disturbing amount of effort to falsify the identity.

Anyway, looks like you've used up your annual allotment of posts, so I'll look to hear from you in the fall of 2014.teehee.gif

Or, you know, you could start a thread around here detailing the nifty stuff you've collected over the years of your involvment in the hobby or some work in progress shots of your Python Sisters, ideally complete with pictures. We can usually use new things to drive discussion. Just sayin'.

... Now I'm suspicious of Eddie lol.

Only fair. I endevour to have my posts stand on their own merits so this shouldn't be too much of a burden, but I'll submit that if you were to dig through my back catalogue of posts you find enough stuff that it'd take a disturbing amount of effort to falsify the identity.

Anyway, looks like you've used up your annual allotment of posts, so I'll look to hear from you in the fall of 2014.teehee.gif

Or, you know, you could start a thread around here detailing the nifty stuff you've collected over the years of your involvment in the hobby, ideally complete with pictures. We can usually use new things to drive discussion. Just sayin'.

I'm not sure I have your investigative zeal.

Still if you insist, just to prove my sporadic enthusiasm doesn't just extend to reading forum's, but to the rest of the hobby too. I converted these seraphim back packs at about the sametime I was last on the forum and I'm just painting them tonight .

IMAG0325 BURST002

Still if you insist, just to prove my sporadic enthusiasm doesn't just extend to reading forum's, but to the rest of the hobby too. I converted these seraphim back packs at about the sametime I was last on the forum and I'm just painting them tonight .

Looks like an interesting take on a concept I've heard bandied about, one of the better implementations of the idea. It also well establishes some character, making a sleeper account is free, this costs money and people are funny about that. That and once I googled the user name I found some discussion elsewhere with more complete character that used consistent phrase structures.

Investigative zeal is a polite way of putting it, thank you for your courtesy.

Dang it, now I might actually have cause to lay my fingers on this months White Dwarf.

I like your colour scheme, I demand to see more! tongue.png

I wouldn't do that Eddie, because then Aero will reveal himself to actually be a secret GW employee specially deployed into tricking you into buying a White Dwarf. It was all a cunning ruse, just not the ruse you expected laugh.png

This is going to be the most anticlimactic rumour reveal ever. We'll look at the page and go "oh, there it is" and that'll be that...

Well, dang. Looks like I won't have up to date rules for some time. I refuse digital only non-free hobby product as a matter of course, those 'digital' books I do own came bundled with other stuff I would have aquired regardless.

Something close to the worst has come to pass, I think we're seeing the first digitally exclusive army. Pretty sure this will effectively superceed the WD dex because it includes functional changes.

I've no desire to own a tablet and let more insideous technology creep into my life, and if I did, I wouldn't want to pass it over to some randoms in a game shop so they could review the text of the rule for the inevitable discussion.

Not only do we now have the heaviest, most expensive army, but the only army that requries you to bring a computer with you to play it. When will the pogrom end?

So the "Adeptus Sororitas" (a.k.a. Drag Queens of Battle) is really the way it is worded.  lol

And since this is not the first time "Codex: Sisters of Battle" has been a stand alone product I can only assume they mean the 5th Ed White Dwarf version.  I don't expect to see anything new; just AP on melee weapons and HP on vehicles. 

Adeptus. Adeptus. Damn it, why is that so annoying? I had hoped it wasn't true because it's such a lame way to introduce something, but alas GW really can be backwards like this. Disappointing.

Don't give up hope Eddie, there's got to be an FAQ on it's way for those of us who got the WD "codex" when it came out. GW isn't that thick skulled!

Don't give up hope Eddie, there's got to be an FAQ on it's way for those of us who got the WD "codex" when it came out. GW isn't that thick skulled!

I heard some brave soul took a core sample once, they were dismayed to discover it was skull all the way through. :P

I recall a discussion a long time back about conjugating the Latin and that Adeptus was the correct version, but Adepta was common in use because it sounded more feminin. I could be misremembering, but I don't think so.

As it is, I haven't deplyed the girls in a few years for totally unrelated reasons. They, like the Marines, Guard, and soon likely the Eldar, are reposing gently in the archives until I find myself in one place for more than two years in a row. Unless, as I've reported in the past, we see a proper codex. At which point I'll swap them out for ... probably the 'Nids. As much as I vent, it hasn't hit me directly yet. I just don't like losing options. I have an exciting project planned for 2014 though, but this's all you get to know about that.

GW doesn't use proper latin, and that's easily justified with the passage in time in universe. That and it's been Adepta for long enough and it does sound better being different, so I'd like it to remain.

I'm waiting for plastics, and a new colour scheme for a DIY order. I might experiment with a few ideas in preparation, probably as small breaks during other projects when I find the time. Seems like I'll have plenty of time to get a scheme I like...

Well dakkadakka just confirmed this is real by taking another picture: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/542055-.html

I note umm... it doesnt say anything about it being digital only?

If you look in the top corner of the page you can see a partial Apple App stor logo and you can infer it buy the context in the Dakka shot, all the other entries above and below make specific reference to their being digital products.

Just in case someone didn't see this yet:

Spoke to Cruddence @ Games Day re SoB asking if
the digital version is his WD dex. He confirmed it is, hes been involved
in the writing of the warlord traits was the impression I got. He also
told me they've looked at the scaling issue for faith points and that
there's been 'minor' point tweaks. Release date is for next month
(October). Interestingly he said it'll probably be treat like a
supplement in that if it sells well as a digital it's probably get a
physical release. Spoke to someone from the digital editions stand and
they confirmed it'll be for Android aswell as Ipad.

Archived