Calth's Retribution - (No Longer in Progress)

Tyrannicide

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/banner.png

The XVII thought they had broken us. They hadn’t.

Tears filled my eyes as poor Veridian released her agonizing pain upon the world I cherished most. The tendrils of an abused star lashed against Calth, but we gave chase to the XVII cowards retreating into the caverns. We had not countered their attacks in desperation, as before. This was not honor’s doing. It was no crusade of compliance. No, this was revenge - in its purest most primitive form. They had taken everything we spent our lives building, everything except the hate. We fought for the irradiated shells our dead brothers had become, laying hundreds of meters above us. We fought for the Five Hundred Worlds. For the XIII. As the great oceans boiled and the once-magnificent soil burned black, so too did our hearts. But in this new hellish sunrise we were reborn. Reforged.

No son of Lorgar would ever leave this scorched planet again. None would stay our wrath. We all saw to that.

++++

Hello B&C

My time in the 40k-verse is no more. I’ll spare you all from the longer explanation as this is a fresh start, not a rehashing of bitter spirits. The fiery inspiration that once drove me to build models of our beloved make-believe universe has deteriorated into a mood too disgusted to continue on over the last month. I now count myself among a new number of members on here that have made the jump from 40k to 30k. And I’m not looking back. Chapters are for the thinblooded warriors of the future. In this greatest era, blade crashes against ceramite as the Legiones Astartes carry out the will of the Gods that lead them. Hot-blooded rivalries turn to bloody, colossal struggle. Half of the Legion banners that hang in the Imperial Palace’s great halls are torn down and set on fire. The Warmaster rallies his hordes against the armies of the Emperor. This is Warhammer 30,000, and there is only war.

Okay, so melodrama aside, this log will follow my adventure into 30k. I’ll be representing the XIII Legion – Guilliman’s Finest.

Some random notes I scribbled down to give you a better idea of what to expect on visuals:

• Mixed armor, representative of the hastily organized chase of the Word Bearers. Many suits will combine different marks and patterns in response to overwhelming battlefield action – time is not of the essence. These boys are bruised and battered. Blood from previous battles still stain their warplate. Small trophies and trinkets will be aplenty, signifying the Battle of Calth, and the on-going fight against the Shadow Crusade.
  • This is a crusade of retribution, made up largely of survivors of the underground war on Calth. These warriors are consumed with vengeance. Fire in their hearts, eyes cold as a killer. Most of their closest brothers have already fallen to the blades of traitors. Their biggest accomplishments have been brought down right before their eyes; toppled by the Sons of Lorgar, and even Angron’s butchers. These will be much darker than the “good ‘ol days” Crusade-era themed Ultramarines. This is a new breed of Space Marine.
  • I might depart somewhat from the traditional Heresy-era aesthetics on these guys. For one, I’m not a huge fan of the thin-rimmed Mk IV pads. I’m considering representing them with normal Mk. VII pads, as the rim is thicker and I think it looks more attractive. May or may not include some Godwyn-pattern bolters.
  • I’ll do my best to base the armor primarily around Mk. II, III, & IV, but I can’t say for certain that a few choice bits of the later heresy marks may sneak in. What do you guys think?

Here’s my first Legionnaire. A repurposed Marine from my 40k stuff tacked together and still very WIP. Thought it’d be lousy not to show something in the first post. No name or background just yet. Working on the pelvic gap right now.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/sgt1wip1.jpeg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/sgt1wip2.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/sgt1wip3.jpeg

Still hammering out the details on which Chapter, Company, etc. Then the real fun begins when I fluff out these guys. Can't wait, I'm stoked to begin this new journey into the Heresy. smile.png

For the XIII, For Calth!

Although I rather despise the XIII Legion, I think your first showing here is incredible. The pose combined with the expression on the marine are very evocative of the feelings the XIII must have felt when they were ambushed by the XVII. He looks conflicted, like he's thinking "Is this really happening? Am I to kill my own Legionary brothers now?"

I know your first post was about revenge for Calth, but that's just what popped into my head when I saw the figure.

Wow, thank you all for the support!

Heinrich: Tell me about it dude. I really wanna see your Night Lords finished, but you could do some absolutely gnarly damage with 30k as your canvas. Would you be representing the Sons of Nostramo?

Prime: Thanks man, good to be here.

Deathspecter: Agreed. Not too complicated of a switch. msn-wink.gif

Jasp: As am I, bro!

Doghouse: Kind words from a hobby god, thank you sir.

Vazzy: You bring me to an interesting point, and I don't really know the answer yet. I'm thinking the bulk of my force will be the remnants of a Company or two, then other elements such as armor or Command may be from another. Hell I might even get crazy and go inter-Chapter.

BCK: Well here's to me hopefully changing your mind a bit, eh? I wanted a face that could capture the utter disgust and hate that this army will be immersed in. I think it's perfect, one of my new favorite heads for sure. Going to war fighting alongside the Legions your whole life, some you may call blood brothers, others at least the equivalent of a cousin. And then they suddenly turn their bolters on you and stick a power sword through your back. Just brutal.

Anaziel: Great to see you post here mate, you're an inspiration for this force! Hope to see more Ultras from you soon. smile.png

Ramell: Hey buddy, good to see you around. Unfortunately, yes... no more Genesis. That spark just ain't there anymore.

Right now I'm torn man, I know FW is gonna rock the new Night Lords sculpts, and they are my true love, but I don't know if I can do a hundred or so models in midnight clad spread across two armies. Right now I'm really leaning towards Death Guard. Always loved the resilient, enduring nature of that legion. Like a mirror of the Iron Hands philosophy, but centered around the strength and adaptability of flesh over metal. Plus if I go that route they are gonna be the most planet-scouring, radiation-tainted, do-not-touch-with-a-100m-pole, motherfethers this side of the 31st millennium.

Please tell me when you get to the painting stage, you're going with the darker blue scheme. You know, closer to the real ultramarine blue color.

Absolutely dude, the way they were meant to be. Hopefully something similar to the way they look on the covers of Know No Fear and Betrayer.

Right now I'm torn man, I know FW is gonna rock the new Night Lords sculpts, and they are my true love, but I don't know if I can do a hundred or so models in midnight clad spread across two armies. Right now I'm really leaning towards Death Guard. Always loved the resilient, enduring nature of that legion. Like a mirror of the Iron Hands philosophy, but centered around the strength and adaptability of flesh over metal. Plus if I go that route they are gonna be the most planet-scouring, radiation-tainted, do-not-touch-with-a-100m-pole, motherfethers this side of the 31st millennium.

Totally understand. You're in a tough spot with where to go. I'm sure the 'Guard would look great under your twisted guidance. tongue.png

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. There's a lot of potential in Heresy Era Ultramarines.

Definitely, and they're surprisingly under-represented so far.

I did One full Company, but that's mostly due to how I wrote Calth for them. I want to do some variance though, perhaps when I have more money

Long live the 129th, brother! Maybe we'll have to do a little tie in work down the road if you're interested. smile.png

Nice pose on that guy mate. I agree that it's a cool head. Looking forward to seeing this thread grow.

Thanks dude!

Glad you made the jump, man. You'll do the XIII proud, I'm sure.

He looks outstanding so far. Keep it up, brother.

Thank you my man, glory to the Legions.

Guys, I feel like I should show you this forum for more Pre-Heresy stuff, and to showcase your stuff even more.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/index.php

Cool, haven't seen that board before.

Square Boarding Sheilds and Gladius'!

Precisely, M2C.

I need a challenge at calth my boarding squad need a challenge msn-wink.gif

I dunno if you maniacs will be able to handle the might that is the XIII. msn-wink.gif

Love that pose. Not ridiculously flamboyant. Just calmly badass. smile.png Will be following this eagerly. smile.png

Glad you like it, Laborious.

Archived