Nature vs. Nurture, the What If? edition

Conn Eremon

I would rather avoid that kind of activity as well. This is not a discussion where someone can be right or wrong. We are expressing our ideas and opinions on something the fluff has not specified for us. There is no source that can disprove something on this topic, because we are extrapolating information and creating a conclusion that is beyond all current sources.

I think we all just need to present reasonable explanations with what proof were basing it on not just saying Magnus would be fortifying terra or something like that.

My analysis will be on presentations from the heresy real life experiences and a basic pshycological profile if lifestyles and upbringings

It's the equivelant of college in Aus and I ain't getting any younger. I could drop out and just work construction for the rest of my life but I want to make more money for plastic resin crack.

I should have done psychology or something but I hate being in my head let alone other people's :P

Agreed. I didn't intend to start something about "right" or "wrong", just that order is usually interpreted as "justice" in many situations and can still exist in many more. Sort of a blanket adjective.

Sorry, Kol. Was responding to Jasp's response to me about trollin' and the like. Not anything about what you said.

They also don't have diffinitive personality traits, so I'm not touching on that as ill piss off someone that loves the XXth best I personally avoid that bomb waiting to happen :/

I'm already dreading what people will think of angron on fenris.

Ill also delve into the affects on the XIIth legion as well when considering cause and effect on angron

That is true. I only put "fleet of unknown origins" because that is the only thing about their origins that we actually know. So I put . . . What, Dorn? with that origin, I was essentially saying "origin unknown," while trying to make it clear whose canon origins I am getting his from.

Just a reminder, A&O wasn't raised in a "mysterious" fleet. They actually had a world of origin. They just never said which one it was...

We don't know that. We just know he brought a few worlds in with him. They could have been conquered by the very fleet he grew up in. tongue.png

i've been wondering for a while what would happen if a primarch landed on a macragge, but was found by the other consul, or the northern barbarians.

i think if perturabo landed on macragge, but was found by the other consul, we would still have the realm of ultramar, but it would be ruled by a tyrannical perturabo, having had a bad influence from his adoptive father.

i imagine the people of ultramar would still have beautiful worlds, with healthy populations, though almost all industry and resources would go to the military, with any protesters brutally punished by Perturabos troops, while perturabo is trying to sate his appetite for more domains to rule with ever-expanding wars of conquest.

...Huh.

Well, there's a thing.

I've been tossing this idea around for about two years as a really nifty way to do a compelling alternate heresy, only putting the Primarchs on planets that I made up to make sure we don't get too many Primarchs not really changing.

Special note goes to Cormac for blatantly stealing my idea for a Sanguinius who was worshipped and adored his whole life before I'd even written the rough draft up.laugh.png

Get out of my head, darn it! tongue.png

I'm just glad you didn't put Magnus on Fenris, because that was the only planet I was going to reuse from canon-40k with the most ironic possible choice of Primarch.happy.png

Magnus on Baal is problematic.  You've got a dude with one eye landing on a planet that's divided between evil mutants and people who kill mutants.  Only reason that Sanguinius wasn't killed immediately is because he's a good looking mutant.

Assuming that Magnus isn't killed right off the bat, there's two possible outcomes.  Either he joins the mutants, because screw those guys who wanted to kill me, or he ends up like Vulkan, as an outcast who is eventually accepted by the humans after he defends against a mutant raid.  That's also assuming he uses his mad psyker powers to read minds and figures out that the mutants on Baal are not nice people.

The main thing with some of these is the circumstances of their landing, not just the planet where they landed.  Angron being captured and having the nails installed is the most obvious, as I don't think any primarch would turn out well with those things in their head.

Eh, now that I think about it, I could see Angron growing up on Olympia or Macragge and becoming a champion of the gladiatorial arena of his own free will, not giving a damn about ruling a planet, even without the nails.

Then the Emperor would show up at the Championship team match, only for Angron to tell him to go eat Hrud. Big E beams Angron up, his team gets slaughtered, Angron goes 'roar' and nothing changes for him in the long run. Yes, History goes around Spin-offs and time travels, haven't you heard?

I don't know why but when the words fleet of unknown origins and rival Dorn the image that keeps playing in my head is Dorn becoming the pirate king of space. I have no reason why it's just what I see....

Fulgrim on Maccrage makes me think of Rome but from and very similar to the Maccrage we all know but when Fulgrim falls to temptation I see him as becoming like Nero or Caligula.

Just a reminder, A&O wasn't raised in a "mysterious" fleet. They actually had a world of origin. They just never said which one it was...

We don't know that. We just know he brought a few worlds in with him. They could have been conquered by the very fleet he grew up in. tongue.png

Actually, it was in The Serpent Beneath, described as a shadowy world where they had plotted their way to the top of the food chain...

Actually, it was in The Serpent Beneath, described as a shadowy world where they had plotted their way to the top of the food chain...

Ah, fair enough.

Also, he didn't bring any worlds in with him when he was found, just his pirates. Alpharius and Horus brought many worlds into compliance with the Imperium, but A never revealed which one (if any of the ones they found) was his birth planet.

...it's not unlikely there exist "imperial" worlds in the 40k world that is under the control of the Alpha Legion...because, where would the loyalists even start to look for their world(s)?

So Wade Garrett, going by what you wrote of Guilliman on Barbarus, it sounds like you're saying that what made the Death Guard and their Primarch turn to Nurgle is not themselves but their homeworld's influence? I suppose that does make sense, considering there were already worshipers in the Legion that were native to Barbarus. But it accentuates the tragedy of Mortarion. We know he is taken by Nurgle with some heavy-handed tactics, but to think that it was sheer chance that they even had his attention really ups the grim. It's like saying Nurgle didn't care about who he grabbed. He just pointed out a finger, waved it around a bit before stopping, peeped through the fingers of his other hand and said "You? Yeah, you'll do." As for the alternate reality side of things, that is one terrifying Guilliman. Made me think of Cobra of the G.I. Joes. Which made me think of Hydra of Marvel Universe. Which made me think of a really cool idea for my Alpha Legion cell fluff . . .

1000heathens also seems to be placing a big importance on the homeworld. A Chemosian Perturabo seems to have overcome the faults of the canon Olympian. Perturabo's inevitable betrayal in canon stems from his incredibly bitter soul and mind. Usually, that bitterness is attributed to his use in the Great Crusade, and the comparisons made between himself, his sons and Dorn and his. However, this depiction of Perturabo makes it sound like his bitterness is rooted more firmly on Olympian soil. Which would place a new spin on Olympia's destruction at his hand when it rebels. On the alternate reality side of things, I am loving the idea of Hellenic Iron Warriors.

Ace Debonair, on 13 Sept 2013 - 00:57, said:

...Huh.

Well, there's a thing.

I've been tossing this idea around for about two years as a really nifty way to do a compelling alternate heresy, only putting the Primarchs on planets that I made up to make sure we don't get too many Primarchs not really changing.

Dew eet. I'd read the censored.gif out of that.

Special note goes to Cormac for blatantly stealing my idea for a Sanguinius who was worshipped and adored his whole life before I'd even written the rough draft up.laugh.png

Well, that's because I'm everywhere.

Get out of my head, darn it! tongue.png

Everywhere.

Archived