Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So what counts as spam?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Raven's Talon

Raven's Talon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 53 posts

original.jpg

Im sorry....it was to good of an oppurtunity not to!

As for the troop selections.....I see special units of maybe 3 but definitely 4+ are spam

Troop choices are just troop choices. The ground pounder is core to any army and never enough of them.

Edited by Raven's Talon, 15 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

• Ideaus likes this

"From the darkness we strike, fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react...darkness there and nothing more."

—Shadow Captain Kayvaan Shrike, Raven Guard 3rd Company

-Max-

-Max-

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,759 posts
  • Chapter Name: IV Legion XLIX Grand Company

I always believed that the gaming term of "spamming a unit/weapon" came from the slang for lots of unwanted email. In that sense, it's something that shows up in such volume that dealing with it can be come annoying and repetitive.

It's a valid strategy for winning a battle. It only becomes a problem if your gaming partners find fighting your army annoying and repetitive and would rather not play against you anymore because of that.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) WIP thread here & IA here. | Ordo Lucerna Aurea (SoB) WIP thread here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_7133_27697.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png    gallery_29004_9903_6554.png gallery_29004_6198_5619.png

KingDeath

KingDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 432 posts

There is no spam, only people who want to tell you how to play your army.

Octavulg

Octavulg

+LEXICANIUM+

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 7,989 posts
To be fair, spam CAN be an actual thing. In old editions of Epic, armies of nothing but Land Raiders were apparently common.

It's harder to do in 40K because you can't really spam troops and it's hard to have more than three of anything else.

Proud author of the Ice Lords, the Bronze Prophets, the Stone Hearts, the Steel Dogs and the The Marines Tenebric.

The Liber Campaign Has Returned!

The Octaguide - Your very long guide to very long IAs

Help me update the Big Liber Timeline!

"Wake up. Pray. Train. Pray. Drop screaming through the atmosphere from low orbit into a raging battlefield, and take the fight to enemies that may outnumber us by as little as three to one. Do battle with the most horrific enemies of mankind imaginable and charge into lines of weapons that could shred a tank into ribbons. Afterward, lunch, time permitting." - Marshal Arturas, 15/05/08

Darth Potato

Darth Potato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,486 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII Legion

Do you really call the guy "Big Jim"?

Uprising

Uprising

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,073 posts
  • Chapter Name: Salamander,DG, WB, WE, EC

Why is your friend complaining about the way YOU field your army.  It is your army, do with it as you please.  If he has a problem tell him to buy you a heavy support opinion to make up for the missing thunderfire cannon or do not play him. 

Note that this is coming from a guy that fields 4 heldrakes at 1500 pts and 6 at 2000 pts.  I plan on having 12 at a 4000 pts apoc game later this year.  Why don"t i play chaotic salamander?

Their good ways to lose and bad ways to win

My Word Bearers WIP: http://www.bolterand...he-holy-embers/

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,008 posts

Do you really call the guy "Big Jim"?

Hah, that made me wonder actually, at my old GW store (Stockport), the manager was called 'Big Jim', and one of the Staffers was 'Little Jim'.

Given that Little Jim was probably around 6' tall/15 stone, you can guess at what Big Jim was like.

45bf9d3f-67ed-459f-ab16-6dae5f772a41_zps5cfc2df1-07de-4c53-a375-9692d63472be_zpsgallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.png

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,237 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Really?  No one's linked the Monty Python sketch yet?  Really?

I'm so disappointed in you people.  I mean, it's spamming about spam!

Sigh.  I have to do everything around here: 

Right, with that out of the way, I find it fun that people are more prone to calling "SPAM!" when a unit is especially effective or dangerous.  2 Helldrakes, Riptides or Storm Ravens = spam.  But it takes 3 Vanguard, Terminator squads, Vindicators to qualify as spam. :teehee:

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear! No Kittens!
gallery_17779_6447_16450.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,156 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators/imperial fists
Spam would apply to units that are just OTT in triplicate like hellturkeys, tervigons, wraith knights, rip tides, land raiders, etc.

Thunder fires are easy to take out with the right tools. So I don't think they can be spammed. IMHO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users