Contemptor Centurion - Body & Head Complete

Candleshoes

While I think the conversion is excellent, I do have a question: The model looks awesome from the front, but what about the proportions of the marine strapped into the suit? Did you do something to cover up those legs visible from the back?

In any case, thanks for sharing and keep up the great work! :)

I think your pictures with the termy answered my big centurian question : "How well would these work as a conversion base for True-scale Termies".

Darn you for putting ANOTHER project on my plate.... and by "plate" I mean Football field

While I think the conversion is excellent, I do have a question: The model looks awesome from the front, but what about the proportions of the marine strapped into the suit? Did you do something to cover up those legs visible from the back?

In any case, thanks for sharing and keep up the great work! smile.png

Excellent question about the rear portion.

I will get a photo up of it tonight, but, the proportions should look as though the marine's complete torso, arms and head are contained within the chest cavity, so the arms and head of the centurion are completely robotic.

I have yet to glue most of the backing on, but you raise a very good point, it might actually look better to fully enclose the back of the legs...

Centurion looked awesome until you put that cyclone missile launcher on him. It really doesn't work.IMO. you have the awesome hill shape silhouette before and now it is flat again which is what's wrong with centurions in the first place.

Centurion looked awesome until you put that cyclone missile launcher on him. It really doesn't work.IMO. you have the awesome hill shape silhouette before and now it is flat again which is what's wrong with centurions in the first place.

I was just holding the peice against the model, any ideas as to wear the missles might fit in and still keep a slimmed look?

I was just holding the peice against the model, any ideas as to wear the missles might fit in and still keep a slimmed look?

Phew!

You could do a single shoulder mounted hunter killer missile style and see how that looks? This guy is looking so awesome! Best version I have seen of these guys by a long shot! I wouldn't get too hung up on the missile. Its a secondary weapon after all. That huge cyclone looks way OTT at mo

@Noctus

For the first testbed for the conversion, I admit I went very conservative with the pose, deliberately making it as static as possible in order to see the proportions. I took a quick snap of a heavily cut down set of missle pods just held against the back of the centurion, to show where it is going next, and to show how it does bulk out a bit. The gun arm is covering up quite a bit of wiring in the back - head on it looks pretty slim, but it person it has some movement when you see it from the back and side, the step 10 photo you can get a sense that when you actually see the arm joint, it looks like a normal extended arm.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/photo_zpsa73117d5.jpg

@ The_Chaplain

I think the shield is from the Deathwing Termi box.

Hot damn! Now that is what a Centurion should look like! I still don't think we needed them but if we're stuck with'em at least they don't look so Emperor-damned awful. Still,  I'm disappointed you seem to gone Imperial Fist and abandoned the Mentor Legion colour scheme as that was what originally drew me to this thread, seeing your veteran in that bumblebee yellow made me very sad. :(

I really like what you're doing here, but it feels much more like a big suit of armour (like Terminator armour) than a walking gun platform, which is what the Centurion warsuit is supposed to be.

I think I'll stick with the out-of-the-box versions, having seen them in real life.

Great WIP for sure, though I'd prefer to see the lascannon arm with some kind of an elbow. Might be too late...

The conversion keeps the natural elbow joint/servo that the normal kit already has, though, you could always extend it a bit, or have the guns sitting horizontal under the joint, exactly like a contemptor.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/photo1_zpsd0ab3909.jpg

I love what you have done here to the stock model; it is an inspiration for where and what I will be doing woiht my centurions soon.

I have thought about shoulder mounting the las-cannons and grav-cannon and amp, and then maybe use a ironclad cane bolter instead on the models right side...or some sort of ML conversion, etc.

I love the re-use of the forgeworld power fist, as it is a great sculpt.  Were these just the normal cataphractii (Sp?) ones? or the tartaros patterns ones?

What do you think works best?

Also, for the ML conversion, I might take a look at the old school chaos rhino ML that you see around from time to time.

Thanks again for the inspiration and great work!

I have also done something similar but instead of making the right arm a heavy weapon i replace the mittens with powerfists and have the heavy bolters twin-linked under the powerfist and using the cutoff sides to form a hurricane bolter on the left arm.  lots of cutting and gluing but looks much better just like your version. :)

We should really have a thread dedicated to Centurion conversions, because let's face it, the model is godawful out of the box but has quite the potential.

I have a feeling there are a few of us trying to bring it out of the darkness, and it would be cool if we had one place to compare notes. From my timid "please Omnissiah, don't let me screw this up" corrections to the fantastic and bold approach that we see in this thread (and beyond perhaps). And Comrade Candleshoes should be the one to open the said "show off your Centurions" thread because his is the boldest and the most effective conversion seen to date.

Whaddaya say, Candleshoes?

We should really have a thread dedicated to Centurion conversions, because let's face it, the model is godawful out of the box but has quite the potential.

Would certainly save me downloading all these pics to my Inspiration folder.

Which, admittedly, I would still do even if there was a consolidated thread...

• 3 weeks later...

Been visiting this thread for inspiration for some centis. And i have to say your conversion is the reason im picking up a box today. Do you have any more pictures of the back of the model/ have you converted the 2 others yet? or maybe a painted one:D? Great work, honestly the best centi converision I've seen, keep it up!

Archived