Leviticus Crusade: CM Furious

Thalhaiden looks great! May I ask why that name was chosen, i.e., which mythical figure or legendary warrior was he named after?

I remember just looking up 'templar names' that would be fitting for a marshal. If there is any historical reference, I wouldn't know haha. thank you for the kind words! 

EDIT: although there is a 'Thalhaiden' in the Helsearch novel, as quoted from schola progenium encyclopedia:

"This Black Templars Space Marine died on the 21st day of the siege of Helsreach Hive during the Third War for Armageddon. He was granted the Emperor's Peace after being gravely wounded in personal combat with an Ork dreadnought in the battle for Danab Junction" 

source: http://www.scholaprogenium.com/people.html

Edited by Chapter Master Furious

Greeting Brothers. 

after a long time gone on crusade, I've come back with an awesome project I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. 

behold, Marshal Thalhaiden in Cataphractii Armour! 

I am beyond please with how Thalhaiden came out, taking my time, easing into each detail, truly made the model. One thing that I'm glad worked out was the pose. initially, I thought the shield raised would be awkward, but after slapping on some paint, the pose is nice and dynamic, and gives the model a lot of movement. Overall, super happy with him, and now i have marshal with a +2 and ++4 save 

Now, with Thalhaiden done, my next (hopefully few) projects will be centered on some Primaris units, with will bring my crusade nicely (I feel) into 8th edition 

CM Furious 

Really beautiful model! I really like you have painted him, he looks incredibly imposing. And his beard!